Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jayop wrote: »
    The beer for sale in the EP offie.

€55 for 24 cans of Heineken is mad. I'm sure you'd get that for ~30/35 in an ordinary offlicence.

€20 for 8 cans - €14 in Supervalue now.

Desperados €65 for 24 bottles :eek::eek: - €10 for 6 in Supervalue so even buying 4 sixpacks would be €25 cheaper.

Orchard Theives €55 for 24 cans - €14 for 8 in supervalue but I'm sure you could get a slab even cheaper.

I know there's a premium to be paid for convenience, but is it really that much easier to trek to an offie than it is to trek to the car?

You'd have a lot of fun decanting there into plastic.

Edit: Just looked at link again, its bottles, they must be plastic though surely they wouldn't be selling glass bottles at a festival that doesn't permit glass.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You'd have a lot of fun decanting there into plastic.

True enough, but just bring cans like.

You can get 4 cans in Tescos for €10. 24 x 33cl bottles is less than 8lts. So for €40 you can get 16 cans, have slightly more beer and €25 quid in your picket to pay for plastic cups at the bar.

Edit to your edit: ;) Yeah I'd imagine they're the hard plastic bottles like you get at football grounds in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Something that doesn't come up very often. Can anyone recommend any good food stalls at Electric Picnic? Over the years I have generally been very boring and played it safe with food I can stomach and one meal a day. Had a Wok N Roll last year and it left my stomach in the heap for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Something that doesn't come up very often. Can anyone recommend any good food stalls at Electric Picnic? Over the years I have generally been very boring and played it safe with food I can stomach and one meal a day. Had a Wok N Roll last year and it left my stomach in the heap for the rest of the day.

My faves are Kanum (Thai), Kinara Kitchen (Pakistani/Indian) & Rathmullan House (Posh/Seafood) all located close to the entrance to Mindfield. All very highly recommended plus plenty of seating by the stalls or in the Mindfield area.

These guys do nice mouth watering rolls, shredded beef and all that kind of stuff, very nice German style sandwiches and rolls.

dsc04264.jpg?w=640&h=480

And tried this one last year on the Sunday, lovely Mexican food.

dsc04916.jpg?w=640

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Kinara kitchen all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Kinara kitchen all the way.

I've a feeling there might be a Boojum van there this year. Was at Indiependence and had massive queues all weekend. Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

'
    Italian place right next to Mindfield, big portions and lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rebelreded wrote: »
    I've a feeling there might be a Boojum van there this year. Was at Indiependence and had massive queues all weekend. Tasty.
    I'd love that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was hoping someone would say boojum, that would be excellent. If not has anyone else got anywhere to recommend for a burrito? I had that Italian place next to Mindfield last year and it was lovely actually. At Castlepalooza and Body & Soul there was a chicken wing bar that was pretty tasty and gave HUGE portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eileenf99

declanleo wrote: »
    Depends on where you are coming from. It's a 1hour drive from the red cow to stradbally at the best of times if coming from dublin but Friday rush hour will nearly double it. Leaving at 7 could get you to wristband/ticket exchange for 8.30/9 o clock.nearly 10 before you have tent set up more than likely in joplin. I'd leave as early as possible.

Thanks everyone have a podpad so setting up tent not an issue I might move heaven and earth to see if I can go a bit earlier in three afternoon though sounds like it takes a bit of time to get in and set up.

I was hoping someone would say boojum, that would be excellent. If not has anyone else got anywhere to recommend for a burrito? I had that Italian place next to Mindfield last year and it was lovely actually. At Castlepalooza and Body & Soul there was a chicken wing bar that was pretty tasty and gave HUGE portions.

A wing's place would be brilliant, messy but brilliant

eileenf99 wrote: »
    declanleo wrote: »
    Depends on where you are coming from. It's a 1hour drive from the red cow to stradbally at the best of times if coming from dublin but Friday rush hour will nearly double it. Leaving at 7 could get you to wristband/ticket exchange for 8.30/9 o clock.nearly 10 before you have tent set up more than likely in joplin. I'd leave as early as possible.

Thanks everyone have a podpad so setting up tent not an issue I might move heaven and earth to see if I can go a bit earlier in three afternoon though sounds like it takes a bit of time to get in and set up.

Setup is grand if in a podpad,drop bags, open can, pick up bag of cans and stroll to the salty dog

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Barracuda in Hendrix is brilliant for the brickfisht...

Lzmunky wrote: »

Barracuda in Hendrix is brilliant for the brickfisht...

There's a place in Trenchtown that does Breakfast Bla's which are the business, spent a lovely quiet hour there last year, soaking in the 'atmosphere'

Four more sleeps, for advance volunteers that is :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Just vince staples is playing and there's that history of hip hop...happy days.

Anyone know any other rap or scratch dj type stuff going on??

MJohnston wrote: »
    eoghan18 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the Electric Ireland Throwback Party is a bit disappointing this year?

I think it is disappointing that it exists, but then I hate musical nostalgia for **** artists.
    Absolutely agree. But could you make a minor exception for Bananarama? Not bad last year, they have the tunes, but the set-up was a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

eoghan18 wrote: »
    When going into the Main arena you WILL get searched. Lads get patted down and pockets sometimes checked. If you have a bag you will definitely be searched.

On the bag issue, I had previously emailed them asking about bag sizes a few weeks back. They said then A4.
    However, I received an update from them today.....

"Following on from previous email, I would like to notify you of a change in policy.
    There will be separate lanes upon entry to the arena for bags smaller than A4 / no bags and for all other bags. You may be subject to longer queues should you decide to bring a bag larger than A4.

Kind Regards
    Electric Picnic team"

So it seems now we can bring in any bag size but expect to have to queue longer to have a larger bag searched..

• Advertisement

paulieeye wrote: »

A Tribe Called Quest, Run the Jewels, Vince Staples and Rusgano Family among others.

Four more sleeps, for advance volunteers that is :):)
    Am envious man. Gotta try that sometime, though I don't fancy doing the festival volunteering before getting onto the advance stuff. Have a good week there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm pretty sure for the money you pay for a tray of Heineken you can exchange your cans for cold ones during the weekend. They used to anyway.

Whether that makes it more reasonable is subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

eplady2017 wrote: »
    On the bag issue, I had previously emailed them asking about bag sizes a few weeks back. They said then A4.
    However, I received an update from them today.....

"Following on from previous email, I would like to notify you of a change in policy.
    There will be separate lanes upon entry to the arena for bags smaller than A4 / no bags and for all other bags. You may be subject to longer queues should you decide to bring a bag larger than A4.

Kind Regards
    Electric Picnic team"

So it seems now we can bring in any bag size but expect to have to queue longer to have a larger bag searched..

That's DEFINITELY going to work. Rollyeyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

paulieeye wrote: »

A Tribe Called Quest and RTJ both bound to give it a lash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure for the money you pay for a tray of Heineken you can exchange your cans for cold ones during the weekend. They used to anyway.

Whether that makes it more reasonable is subjective.

That's the beuaty of the festihuts. We have the power cable and one of my hutmates has purchased one of these bad boys.

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/coolboxes/halfords-40-litre-mains-and-12v-24v-electric-coolbox

Holds 56 330ml cans so probably around 40 500ml. Icy cold beer all weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

rebelreded wrote: »

Much as I love Boojum, I would have to think it'd be an explosively bad idea to have a burrito at a festival :pac:

Kinara would definitely be one my favourites out of the usual food stalls, Rathmullen House is also superb. Saba do really amazing Thai curry chips. There's also this German cheesy bread that does lovely fresh baked bread stuffed with mozzarella type cheese and bits of bacon, topped with sour cream - highly recommended for low energy moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

alastair wrote: »
    That's DEFINITELY going to work. Rollyeyes.

Agree.. Can see that lasting about a day before it will be back to previous years checking etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

Have gone to EP since 2007, missed last year but heading this year.
    I cannot wait!! We used to sneak in drink using a particular item but lost it back in 2006, cannot replace it unfortunately. Any ideas? How do most of you get drink into the Arena?
    Much appreciated.

Advertisement