Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    Have gone to EP since 2007, missed last year but heading this year.
    I cannot wait!! We used to sneak in drink using a particular item but lost it back in 2006, cannot replace it unfortunately. Any ideas? How do most of you get drink into the Arena?
    Much appreciated.

Woo hoo! Here we go. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eoghan18

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Am envious man. Gotta try that sometime, though I don't fancy doing the festival volunteering before getting onto the advance stuff. Have a good week there.

Where are you posted on Sunday? I might see you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Serious enough question like, If I have a cup with a lid in my hand going into the main arena will that be OK so ling as I didn't have anything else with me in a bag? Kinda want to bring a cup like that with me so I can boogie without spillage so if I can fill it with a can and then pour the beer I buy in the main area into it I'll be happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Jayop wrote: »
    That's the beuaty of the festihuts. We have the power cable and one of my hutmates has purchased one of these bad boys.

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/coolboxes/halfords-40-litre-mains-and-12v-24v-electric-coolbox

Holds 56 330ml cans so probably around 40 500ml. Icy cold beer all weekend!!

So um.... which hut are ye in? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jayop wrote: »
    Serious enough question like, If I have a cup with a lid in my hand going into the main arena will that be OK so ling as I didn't have anything else with me in a bag? Kinda want to bring a cup like that with me so I can boogie without spillage so if I can fill it with a can and then pour the beer I buy in the main area into it I'll be happy out.

shouldn't be that big an issue, actually quite a decent idea

zoo-moos-bobo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 eoghan18

zoo-moos-bobo.jpg

You are allowed to bring empty containers into the main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭gandalfio

eoghan18 wrote: »

Clashfinder has Madness down for 7pm on Saturday night. Has 7pm been confirmed? And have These Charming Men been confirmed for 7pm too?

gandalfio wrote: »
    Clashfinder has Madness down for 7pm on Saturday night. Has 7pm been confirmed? And have These Charming Men been confirmed for 7pm too?

I don't think thats right, when they played in 2009 they came on about 9ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

zoo-moos-bobo.jpg

I want that sooo bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    Have gone to EP since 2007, missed last year but heading this year.
    I cannot wait!! We used to sneak in drink using a particular item but lost it back in 2006, cannot replace it unfortunately. Any ideas? How do most of you get drink into the Arena?
    Much appreciated.

Posted this in the gnr slane thread. Here it is again.

"tesco do these cheap sandwich bags, very light material. No zip locks or anything. Just little small clear sandwich bags. Triple wrap your spirits, place it south.

Because there's no zip locks etc, it's very easy to walk with the bags down the jocks. You can be confident it won't burst, and even if it does, it'd triple wrapped. I generally put just under 500ml

Keep a spare bottle cap in the back pocket.

Once inside buy a pint and a bottle of coke. Drink the pint, drink/pour out the coke. Rip the bags into the empty pint glass. Pour it from the pint glass into the empty bottle of coke.

So youre now left with 500ml of spirits, and an empty glass for mixing. Buy your mixers from the ice cream vans etc that never have long queues."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Staying in Kildare town for the 3 nights

Is there a bus/transport to/from EP17 from Kildare town does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

banchang wrote: »

Dublin Coach runs every hour (24/7) from Kildare Town to Portlaoise, you would probably have to get a shuttle or taxi from there to Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

unrelated but... If you are using a back pack can you please not stand in front of me at any gigs? Thanks in advance.

Shoulder bags FTW, spin them around to the front if potential for other punter annoyance.

I second this!! And can I add if you're over 6'2" don't wear a ****ing hat, in fact stand at the back you **** !! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Good news that These Charming Men are playing. They are very good... or at least the music they cover is very good!

I think probably Public Service Broadcasting are the act I'm looking forward to most. My must sees would be London Grammar, The Pretenders, Parquet Courts, Real Estate, Jagwar Ma.... a few other I'll also want to see.

Any trad going anywhere?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

banchang wrote: »

Yea get the green bus to Portlaoise and then head to the train station (about 10 min walk from the bus stop) and get the shuttle bus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

eoghan18 wrote: »

Madness no, TCM have that on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bac18

Gutted to be missing it this year. Will be buying tix as soon as they go on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I don't think thats right, when they played in 2009 they came on about 9ish.

They were headliners then, on after Brian Wilson.

Hard to tell this time, unless someone with insider knowledge has posted those times. TCM have leaked that time themselves, let's hope Madness is wrong as I'd like to see both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Yea get the green bus to Portlaoise and then head to the train station (about 10 min walk from the bus stop) and get the shuttle bus

Thanks - and on the return from EP to Kildare town late at night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What comedians are playing this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nialler9 has the Red Bull Sound dome on his instagram story, he said he will be playing at it on the Sunday at 10pm. I've no idea how it is going to work because it looks as if it can only fit about 20 people inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Does anyone reckon there'll be anything happening on the Thursday night for people heading down?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What comedians are playing this year?

5ive, Keywest & Jenny Greene. Amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Nialler9 has the Red Bull Sound dome on his instagram story, he said he will be playing at it on the Sunday at 10pm. I've no idea how it is going to work because it looks as if it can only fit about 20 people inside.

Going by the volumes of people at the Tropical whateveritwascalled last year, that'd probably be big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    5ive, Keywest & Jenny Greene. Amongst others.

And S club 7. How could you forget that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    And S club 7. How could you forget that one

S Club Party. As everyone knows, 7 - 4 = Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Can someone recommend a good floor mat for sleeping I don't want the hassle of pumping a blow up bed

davew121 wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a good floor mat for sleeping I don't want the hassle of pumping a blow up bed

I used one of these at Body & Soul festival, comfortable enough, I borrowed it from my mate so I've no idea of the store to buy, perhaps Portwest.

https://www.alpkit.com/products/dozer

dozer_cactus_1000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Good news that These Charming Men are playing. They are very good... or at least the music they cover is very good!

I think probably Public Service Broadcasting are the act I'm looking forward to most. My must sees would be London Grammar, The Pretenders, Parquet Courts, Real Estate, Jagwar Ma.... a few other I'll also want to see.

Any trad going anywhere?

Kíla ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Any trad going anywhere?

Kíla ?

Beoga

Advertisement