Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    I dunno, I love them, but their sound was lost to me on that stage. Could barely hear Herring at all a lot of the time.

That's a shame, sound was great where I was, Herring is a "unique" performer, think they're great but I think need a bit more range in their material to repeat the trick of being main stage performers.

Do think they were slightly blessed with their spot though, sun was shining, afternoon happy beer buzz kicking in etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I see Pink Moon accom is nearly sold out already. Podpads prices went up too. Not sure what to do yet about next year. Going to get a ticket on the installment plan anyway, but going to hold off booking the fancy camping for the mo. Think id nearly prefer to pay the same for a hotel room, but will def miss the late night craic in the campsites though :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

andreac wrote: »
    I see Pink Moon accom is nearly sold out already.

That's mental (link for the lazy). I'd say EP17 will sell out as soon as they make the first announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

andreac wrote: »
    I see Pink Moon accom is nearly sold out already. Podpads prices went up too. Not sure what to do yet about next year. Going to get a ticket on the installment plan anyway, but going to hold off booking the fancy camping for the mo. Think id nearly prefer to pay the same for a hotel room, but will def miss the late night craic in the campsites though :-(

I thought it was just Pink Moon earlybirds that were nearly sold out?

This Tweet suggest it's just the earlybirds anyway:

https://twitter.com/PinkMoonCamping/status/781578243912658945

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

€420 for a 2 person Bell Tent and that's Early Bird?

**** Pink Moon :pac:

Also why is EP almost 30% dearer than reading?

Also why is EP almost 50% dearer than reading?

Because the pound has plummeted in value recently?
    Because Reading is horribly commercial in comparison?
    EP can't rely upon sweet, sweet BBC Radio cash?

MJohnston wrote: »
    Because the pound has plummeted in value recently?
    Because Reading is horribly commercial in comparison?
    EP can't rely upon sweet, sweet BBC Radio cash?

It's shocking value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Also why is EP almost 30% dearer than reading?
    I think that was the full price this year too, so yet another price increase this year on the full price.

e: a 4 man Tipi tent is over 40% more expensive than one in Glastonbury's boutique camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What the ****?! Please say that is just the earlybird PM that is sold out? Surely they cannot be sold out altogether already. There were a lot of tents in that campsite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Maybe it is just the early birds that are nearly sold out. I just I presumed they were nearly all sold out but you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It's just the early birds. The twitter post by Pink Moon says so.
    There are 4,500 people stay with PM and a further 1,500 with Podpads, so 6k in that field.

The early bird prices were steep enough. So wonder what the normal prices will be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

A 'shure' a good oul rumour of a Wednesday;

http://nialler9.com/daft-punk-may-touring-alive-2017-next-year/

(Edit On my phone the link thingy isnt working sorry!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

EP posted a survey on the 16' festival via Facebook, did anyone do it?

It started off great to be honest and thought I was going to get an opportunity to promote what I liked and slate what I didnt, but at some point in I realised the questions started becoming very much about the branding/corporate side of things. I think the aim was to measure the effectiveness of the branding/sponsorship not so much the festival experience.
    But in saying that it did ask about your 16' artist rating and who you would most like to see for 2017' etc etc but well worth a look if you can spare 5-10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Fatfrog wrote:
    It started off great to be honest and thought I was going to get an opportunity to promote what I liked and slate what I didnt, but at some point in I realised the questions started becoming very much about the branding/corporate side of things. I think the aim was to measure the effectiveness of the branding/sponsorship not so much the festival experience. But in saying that it did ask about your 16' artist rating and who you would most like to see for 2017' etc etc but well worth a look if you can spare 5-10 minutes.

Yeah I did it and thought the same when it got to the sponsor/branding questions. So i pretty much ranked all those questions with a low score. I also think there was a question asking how the sponsors added to the overall experience or something like that. I also scored that with the lowest score.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    A 'shure' a good oul rumour of a Wednesday;

http://nialler9.com/daft-punk-may-touring-alive-2017-next-year/

(Edit On my phone the link thingy isnt working sorry!!)

They'll be this year's Radiohead :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Synode wrote: »
    They'll be this year's Radiohead :pac:

I heard that EP were in negotiations with Daft Punk but they pulled out once it sold out...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They might tour but EP can't afford them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I am thinking that with the fab new album massaging all our eardrums, Bon Iver needs to be at EP 2017.

• Advertisement

Good shout alright! Would he headline I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MadYaker wrote: »
    Good shout alright! Would he headline I wonder?

I doubt it. Electric Arena late afternoon/early evening would be good.

If he were put on late on the main stage, the phrase "lead balloon" springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Yeah I did it and thought the same when it got to the sponsor/branding questions. So i pretty much ranked all those questions with a low score. I also think there was a question asking how the sponsors added to the overall experience or something like that. I also scored that with the lowest score.
    I did it and noticed on Facebook that everyone replied saying it was the longest survey they'd ever taken. It was 10 minutes max. unless you actually thought about the marketing questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I did it and noticed on Facebook that everyone replied saying it was the longest survey they'd ever taken. It was 10 minutes max. unless you actually thought about the marketing questions.

Yeah to be honest I was half way through and thought, this is a long feckin survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If we canna get Daft Punk how about Justice, would they suit the Picnic vibe.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

If he were put on late on the main stage, the phrase "lead balloon" springs to mind.

There's talk of him being close to the top of the bill for Glastonbury. Sub headline Pyramid or headlining the Other stage similar to LCD, hard to say this far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

MadYaker wrote: »

There's talk of him being close to the top of the bill for Glastonbury. Sub headline Pyramid or headlining the Other stage similar to LCD, hard to say this far out.
    I think his new album will pick him up a few new fans and he may be big enough to headline once the festival rolls around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not even sure if ill even be going next year but just put down my first installment down for my ticket today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I realise it's for another thread but I'm gutted to not get tickets for Glasto next year if the (solid) rumours about headliners are true. Daft Punk, Stone Roses & Radiohead (as efestivals tip to play) is one hell of a top billing. Add to that Kraftwerk, Diana Ross, Bon Iver and the usual strong acts and it's a bad one to miss. Congrats to anyone here who got tickets.

Anyway, I reckon we'll get one of the big three at EP, probably one of the guitar acts. Bon Iver, Warpaint, The XX also who are all heavily rumoured for Coachella and are likely to be on the circuit. And on a cheesier level what about Jean-Michel Jarre (who did the small Bluedot fest this Summer and may do some next year) and All Saints (not for everyone, but three four great tracks and I'd welcome them)? And more possible acts not mentioned here thus far? We need to kick some life into this thread.

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I realise it's for another thread but I'm gutted to not get tickets for Glasto next year if the (solid) rumours about headliners are true. Daft Punk, Stone Roses & Radiohead (as efestivals tip to play) is one hell of a top billing. Add to that Kraftwerk, Diana Ross, Bon Iver and the usual strong acts and it's a bad one to miss. Congrats to anyone here who got tickets.

Anyway, I reckon we'll get one of the big three at EP, probably one of the guitar acts. Bon Iver, Warpaint, The XX also who are all heavily rumoured for Coachella and are likely to be on the circuit. And on a cheesier level what about Jean-Michel Jarre (who did the small Bluedot fest this Summer and may do some next year) and All Saints (not for everyone, but three four great tracks and I'd welcome them)? And more possible acts not mentioned here thus far? We need to kick some life into this thread.

Ah here!

Advertisement