Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Over 800 now for sale on donedeal.. And I would definitely put it down to the announcements, not the weather, weather doesn't make a difference to most

Next year will be interesting .... probably won't sell out before announcements (or will it?) ... I wonder will the booking strategy change because of the glut of 2nd market tickets this year, meaning that FR will cater again to the younger (dare I say "more fickle") crowd.

Personally I think its a great line up this year .. but I am an old fart who remembers the pretenders back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicolejessie

Any school teachers back to work on the monday morning? Il be investing in some very strong coffee

Doe anyone have a Google Play Music playlist that they can share ?

Old farts don't use Spotify like the young folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

everlast75 wrote: »
    IMHO the 3 headliners are not headliner material, all due respect to them.

That said, I don't go to see the headline acts.
    I'd say The XX are headliners nowadays but I probably agree with you on ATCQ (who I'm really looking forward to seeing) and Duran Duran at least for a festival this size. I think FR are definitely trying to save a bit of money this year especially when you see European festivals like Best Kept Secret (which is half the capacity of EP) with Radiohead and Arcade Fire headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Next year will be interesting .... probably won't sell out before announcements (or will it?) ... I wonder will the booking strategy change because of the glut of 2nd market tickets this year, meaning that FR will cater again to the younger (dare I say "more fickle") crowd.

Personally I think its a great line up this year .. but I am an old fart who remembers the pretenders back in the day.

I'm delighted with the lineup, headliners don't bother me at all, in fact last year I didn't see any of the headliners (yes, I know LCD etc etc etc...) but had a brilliant weekend watching loads of other acts.
    I'll be buying my ticket for next year as soon as they come out,€160 for 3 days of music and good craic is a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'd say The XX are headliners nowadays but I probably agree with you on ATCQ (who I'm really looking forward to seeing) and Duran Duran at least for a festival this size. I think FR are definitely trying to save a bit of money this year especially when you see European festivals like Best Kept Secret (which is half the capacity of EP) with Radiohead and Arcade Fire headlining.

feck you anyway,went and had a look at that lineup, jealous that we don't have the Thurston Moore group at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Paddy2012 wrote: »

ATCQ do have Massive Attack moments in their sound, they certainly aren't glib the pop rap of Outkast, it will be interesting to see who they'll be up against when the day splits are announced. Weather also being a determining factor into how the outdoor stages aka main stage and most of Body & Soul or other areas too do, could mean crammed in marquees.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

New Everything Everything album is sounding pretty great on first listen ... too much choice is good thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I need to stop reading this thread now. I knew a few months ago that id be starting a new job at the end of August and I knew I wouldn't be able to get time off for picnic so no picnic for me this year unfortunately. It's the first one I've missed since 2012 I think :(:(:( sad face isn't enough. I hope ye all have an excellent time and the sun shines every day! Unfollowing thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Plenty of tickets going on toutless.ie for this year...

I put this down to the sh1tty August weather we've been getting too, it doesn't look like we are gonna get that traditional September heat wave this year, here's hoping we do though.
    Accuweather has it cloudy & 18 degrees for the Friday, sunny & 20 degrees for the Saturday. Nothing for Sunday yet. That's still more than a week away but would be very well received in Stradbally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Kinara kitchen all the way.

second that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Any school teachers back to work on the monday morning? Il be investing in some very strong coffee

no but I will be attending preschool with my 3 year old for an hour :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Attention Bebe is either B&S main stage, Earthship, Bandstand or one of the many other stages in B&S, you will have to wait for the breakdowns and names of other stages of which I've no idea yet.

20881813_10159123251400514_3366786670083719226_n.jpg?oh=fbd6f5d63832f1a17abd66062653612e&oe=5A190E33

According to this New Jackson is playing Body & Soul, he's also playing the Other Voices stage and somewhere else as David Kitt, he's going to be a busy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Monday week?! I'm in as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

That pete tong video above is classssss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

So this is my first year going. Not sure if I have a lift or not yet so I might be getting there by bus. What's the nearest shop to the area as I imagine I'll be fairly overloaded with my camping apparatus and clothes not to mind a crate of cans as well. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Doe anyone have a Google Play Music playlist that they can share ?

Old farts don't use Spotify like the young folk.

?

Google Music started in 2011

Spotify started in 2008

I think this is more of a case of smarter people using Spotify not "young folk".

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Over 800 now for sale on donedeal.. And I would definitely put it down to the announcements, not the weather, weather doesn't make a difference to most

tbh I'm fairly glad about this - if people are being turned off by the lineup that's fine, it's my kind of lineup and I would rather spend the weekend with people who were on a similar wavelength!

garrkell wrote: »
    ?

Google Music started in 2011

Spotify started in 2008

I think this is more of a case of smarter people using Spotify not "young folk".

:p

I don't understand the "smart" logic .. ;)

/s <--- in case this is not obvious

Edit: truth is that back in the day, the Spotify mobile app was godawful and I went with Google which worked much better for my needs. Now I have a family account and there is pretty much no turning back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Pablo! A week to go, buddy. Stop picking fights! Stick on a bit of Real Estate and picture yourself on a bail of hay in Cathy Davey's corner of Stradbally with a nice cool beer in your paw.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Pablo! A week to go, buddy. Stop picking fights! Stick on a bit of Real Estate and picture yourself on a bail of hay in Cathy Davey's corner of Stradbally with a nice cool beer in your paw.

You have a point ... cool beer ... yes .. thats better!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Edit: truth is that back in the day, the Spotify mobile app was godawful and I went with Google which worked much better for my needs. Now I have a family account and there is pretty much no turning back.

I use / pay for both. Apple Music too.
    Reason being is due all the obscure 90s electronica I like not being entirely available on a single carrier.
    This costs €30 a month but doesn't bother me- I used to spend that bitd on cassettes, CDs, vinyl and music mags each month
    Would be a lot cleaner to have all my music running on one app though

MJohnston wrote: »

tbh I'm fairly glad about this - if people are being turned off by the lineup that's fine, it's my kind of lineup and I would rather spend the weekend with people who were on a similar wavelength!

Fully agree. And anyway are there really 800 for sale or many sellers with multiple posts & campervan site sales, etc ? There's a market anyway as two pals got rid of spares very quickly.

Fully agree. And anyway are there really 800 for sale or many sellers with multiple posts & campervan site sales, eta? There's a market anyway as two pals got rid of spares very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Same, it's my kind of line up too.
    After having not such a great time in 2015 (mainly cuz we camped in Hendrix :() i decided not to go last year, but I couldn't pass up this years line up, 2 out of the 3 headliners are must sees for me! (that being the xx and duran duran).

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Slow Show wrote: »
    So this is my first year going. Not sure if I have a lift or not yet so I might be getting there by bus. What's the nearest shop to the area as I imagine I'll be fairly overloaded with my camping apparatus and clothes not to mind a crate of cans as well. :P

There is Stradbally 20 mins walk from the site. Depends on what you want as to whether its worth the trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just discovering some of A Tribe Called Quest's discography and loving it, real old school rap.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Just got a spot on the waiting list for Pink Moon. Going to be my first year doing it fancy. Folks here think it's worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Someone here recommended this:

https://www.mymemory.ie/js-a2-20000mah-portable-phone-battery-charger.html

It arrived this morning. 9 days it took took to arrive.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Just got a spot on the waiting list for Pink Moon. Going to be my first year doing it fancy. Folks here think it's worth it?
    Personally I don't think it's worth it. If it's just to avoid the hassle of putting up tents etc I'd go with the http://kipngo.com/ put the extra cash towards a good sleeping bag, mat and beers.

Advertisement