Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

davew121 wrote: »
    It's oh so quiet!!

Everybody is off having "I forgot to bring the tickets" anxiety dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

askU wrote: »
    Any techno heads ... please recommend best underrated gigs

Body&Soul line up somewhere, Neil Flynn

Tiga

Bicep (Although listening to Bicep he seems to be more House influenced)

Clark

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Reded

Just got notification earlier from some of our on site crew that security is being ramped up and to expect crew searches of vehicles bags etc.

And for anyone wondering about the bag sizes even at galway races this yr it was enforced! Bag searches every day! So just be prepared! Unprecedented times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

One of the lads won two Sat Day tickets in a comp. I didn't even know Sat Day tickets was a thing. He'd hardly be allowed enter after the stroke of midnight? What is the general rule for people entering with Sunday tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Reded

One of the lads won two Sat Day tickets in a comp. I didn't even know Sat Day tickets was a thing. He'd hardly be allowed enter after the stroke of midnight? What is the general rule for people entering with Sunday tickets?

There are a limited number of Saturday day passes usually for sponsors media and competitions etc.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/sunday-day-tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

7 sleeps!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

7 sleeps!!!!!

3 sleeps for me tee hee hee :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

0 Sleeps for me as i had to sell my ticket :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

declanleo wrote: »
    Screwtop Capri sun

Eurostore had none today, heatons do sports direct ones

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Clark

Is Clark playing? dont see him on the line up at all....

• Advertisement

Did anyone go to the Groove Festival in Bray last weekend, I notice there was also a Groove festival in Scotland the same weekend although the Scottish event was a one dayer in the former RockNess festival site. I wonder if they were connected, the Irish one was 19th and 20th August and the Scottish one 19th. Primal Scream and UB40 headlined the Irish one whilst Faithless (DJ set), Skream, Patrick Topping and Theo Kottis headlined the Scots one among others. I could have started a new thread but seeing as everyone here is festival nuts I'd though I'd just mention it anyway.

Went along on the Saturday! Jerry fish and primal scream. Lovely grounds and very family orientated. Great day out though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Pretty much the exact same as last year. Red bull soundome is in the woods near trenchtown. Is the red bull tropical bar the same thing red bull had last year? There weren't any djs announced for it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Mostly cloudy, breezy to windy at times, and unsettled for several days at end of the month but an improving trend by Thursday 31st, leading to the perhaps inevitable early September warm spell with southeast breezes and highs briefly reaching 25 C. More unsettled with heavy rainfalls by about the fifth of September.

Please please please stay like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Inflatable church is back!
    Anyone know what the large pink shaded area is from boutique camping up towards soul kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

gandalfio wrote: »
    Inflatable church is back!
    Anyone know what the large pink shaded area is from boutique camping up towards soul kids?

The pink area is Stradbally Hall, & farm buildings. I suppose a lot of the performer services are in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

MJohnston wrote: »
    Everybody is off having "I forgot to bring the tickets" anxiety dreams.

I have a recurring dream/nightmare that I'm down at ep and I don't have a timetable and I keep missing gigs I want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pretty much the exact same as last year. Red bull soundome is in the woods near trenchtown. Is the red bull tropical bar the same thing red bull had last year? There weren't any djs announced for it this year.
    yeah it's the same. I know someone who was asked to play but couldn't. don't know any of the other names that are booked though, probably just local acts the same as last year. I presume they'll announce who's playing it before EP, although the odd year we've got to the Friday with no times released for a few of the smaller stages....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There are now 8 areas outside of the main arena.
    Trenchtown
    Salty Dog
    Other Voices
    Anachronica
    Hazel Wood
    Transmission
    Red Bull Sound Dome
    Art Lot

This is great as it'll help spread the crowd.

Best of all is i can't see Elites on the map or the legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Need some help re getting to yellow car park as it seems to be the best for Boutique Camping.
    What is the best way to access this car park coming from Limerick direction
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

gandalfio wrote: »
    Was gonna avoid that area but would love to see Utah Saints. Do you reckon they'll play their own tunes or others?
    It's a dj set by the looks of it, probably just Tim (Garbutt) but I think Jezz is back in the fold. I reckon they'll play some of their old stuff as it's a festival- or remixed versions at lest.
    The two of them have been quite active in various scenes since the initial commercial success of the early 90s- Tim especially

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

There are now 8 areas outside of the main arena.
    Trenchtown
    Salty Dog
    Other Voices
    Anachronica
    Hazel Wood
    Transmission
    Red Bull Sound Dome
    Art Lot

This is great as it'll help spread the crowd.

Best of all is i can't see Elites on the map or the legend!
    It was called Logic last year, looks like there's a cocktail bar in that spot this year.

No that cocktail bar is just inside B&S.
    The noise bleed at Jerry Fish last year was from the heineken thing (which is still there, but also the Elites / logic thing beside JF, which isn't listed this year.

was it the e-lites/logic thing that was showing the hurling last year?

Tiga
    Bicep
    Clark

Some more Irish talent for that list -
    Cailín, Sunil Sharpe, Lumigraph, Mode1, TEKNONOTICE for straight up house/ techno & maybe a bit of ELLLL for some fked up drone
    Executive Steve & the Ragga Twins (irish grandparents...cough) out in Trenchtown for some Jungle & hardcore continuum (it's not a festival for me until I get a fix of sub-bass, spacey synths and time stretched breakbeats!!)

was it the e-lites/logic thing that was showing the hurling last year?
    That's the one

room_149 wrote: »
    Some more Irish talent for that list -
    Cailín, Sunil Sharpe, Lumigraph, Mode1, TEKNONOTICE for straight up house/ techno & maybe a bit of ELLLL for some fked up drone
    Executive Steve & the Ragga Twins (irish grandparents...cough) out in Trenchtown for some Jungle & hardcore continuum (it's not a festival for me until I get a fix of sub-bass, spacey synths and time stretched breakbeats!!)
    saw ELLLL a few weeks ago and she played great EBM and techno. should be great in the forest.

That's the one
    damn, was hoping to catch it there this year. will head down to Mindfield although the tents showing it there are usually rammed from what I've heard. saw the football in the Gaeilge tent a few years ago and could barely see the screen.

saw ELLLL a few weeks ago and she played great EBM and techno. should be great in the forest.

A Ket set?!!

(drugs are bad kids. Don't lose drugs. Don't give them to those Scottish lads on the gates either. Those boys have had their fill)

• Advertisement

damn, was hoping to catch it there this year. will head down to Mindfield although the tents showing it there are usually rammed from what I've heard. saw the football in the Gaeilge tent a few years ago and could barely see the screen.
    Newstalk were showing it last year too.

Advertisement