Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

was it the e-lites/logic thing that was showing the hurling last year?
    That's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

room_149 wrote: »
    Some more Irish talent for that list -
    Cailín, Sunil Sharpe, Lumigraph, Mode1, TEKNONOTICE for straight up house/ techno & maybe a bit of ELLLL for some fked up drone
    Executive Steve & the Ragga Twins (irish grandparents...cough) out in Trenchtown for some Jungle & hardcore continuum (it's not a festival for me until I get a fix of sub-bass, spacey synths and time stretched breakbeats!!)
    saw ELLLL a few weeks ago and she played great EBM and techno. should be great in the forest.

That's the one
    damn, was hoping to catch it there this year. will head down to Mindfield although the tents showing it there are usually rammed from what I've heard. saw the football in the Gaeilge tent a few years ago and could barely see the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

saw ELLLL a few weeks ago and she played great EBM and techno. should be great in the forest.

A Ket set?!!

(drugs are bad kids. Don't lose drugs. Don't give them to those Scottish lads on the gates either. Those boys have had their fill)

damn, was hoping to catch it there this year. will head down to Mindfield although the tents showing it there are usually rammed from what I've heard. saw the football in the Gaeilge tent a few years ago and could barely see the screen.
    Newstalk were showing it last year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

any idea when they release the stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

jobless wrote: »
    any idea when they release the stage times?

Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Which way do you have to approach to get into the GREEN car park? I'm in Pink Moon camping so want to be close. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Which way do you have to approach to get into the GREEN car park? I'm in Pink Moon camping so want to be close. Cheers

That seems to be a matter of luck and timing, i've wound up there twice, both times i was down quite early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just wondering what to expect in the way of tracks from Young Fathers. This is the most recent setlist I could find, Dour, festival in Belgium about a month ago. I'd be delighted with this next weekend. Only John Doe missing from my wishlist.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/young-fathers/2017/la-plaine-de-la-machine-a-feu-dour-belgium-3be448cc.html

quality band!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Sideways with a pimp limp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

That seems to be a matter of luck and timing, i've wound up there twice, both times i was down quite early.

I thought it was if you came from the other side to Dublin you got directed to Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

This came to mind when I heard Jenny Green and the RTE concert orchestra was doing a history of hip Hop.

https://youtu.be/--e9VS5Wrks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

There are now 8 areas outside of the main arena.
    Trenchtown
    Salty Dog
    Other Voices
    Anachronica
    Hazel Wood
    Transmission
    Red Bull Sound Dome
    Art Lot

This is great as it'll help spread the crowd.

Best of all is i can't see Elites on the map or the legend!

They are there alright they will be called Logic, John Gibbons announced that he was doing 3 nights for them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That's the one
    Not worth going to the Newstalk tent in Mindfield unless you're there an hour before the game. Also if you go out to the toilet you won't get back in unless you sneak in under the tent covers as some youngsters were doing a couple of years ago. Better off walking the 20 mins to the Stradbally pubs I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

I thought it was if you came from the other side to Dublin you got directed to Green?

I come from the Limerick side, usually get into red car park? Is the green car park not just up the abbeyliex road from the red car park? Id suggest coming from Portlaoise if that is he case... but as has been said, it's all timing. The early entry passes could throw a spanner to the testicles of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

My sister is driving down ahead of me next Thursday I dont have room for her in my car/caravan, we are staying in the campervan site do you think she will be able to park in the Yellow carpark thats the closest so she can wait at the gate for me to jump on board then?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not worth going to the Newstalk tent in Mindfield unless you're there an hour before the game. Also if you go out to the toilet you won't get back in unless you sneak in under the tent covers as some youngsters were doing a couple of years ago. Better off walking the 20 mins to the Stradbally pubs I reckon.
    thanks! I probably won't bother in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Seathrun66 wrote: »

****e!
    I haven't been in a couple of years, but I watched the game on a big outdoor screen when I was last there. I'm guessing this was the e-lites/logic area that's now gone?

davew121 wrote: »
    They are there alright they will be called Logic, John Gibbons announced that he was doing 3 nights for them
    ah yes, noww that you mention that, I remember someone posting the lineup a week or 2 ago.

e: this was it
    20621180_10155535233225758_6058743638214637696_n.jpg?oh=8f4ffbcd4b570dd271bc0e9afe60fa92&oe=5A2B539E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Hi all, my sis is coming from the Carlow direction and is staying in the Pink Moon. Obviously the Green car park would be ideal for her but can you drive straight through the village to get to it from the Carlow side or will she be diverted down to the Yellow car park.

thanks in advance.

B

Buck wrote: »
    Hi all, my sis is coming from the Carlow direction and is staying in the Pink Moon. Obviously the Green car park would be ideal for her but can you drive straight through the village to get to it from the Carlow side or will she be diverted down to the Yellow car park.

thanks in advance.

B

Drive through the town.
    If they try sending you a different way, tell them you have to go to Portlaoise to get some stuff, and then just turn off into the carpark (off the main road) on the other side of stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Easy Rod wrote: »
    MJohnston wrote: »
    Everybody is off having "I forgot to bring the tickets" anxiety dreams.

I have a recurring dream/nightmare that I'm down at ep and I don't have a timetable and I keep missing gigs I want to see.

Me and the misses live in Aberdeen at the moment so living with constant "forgot to bring the tickets on our flight over" fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Johnny boy85

I'm staying in the boutique area, trying t plot a course to the yellow car park, i think if i drive from Dublin to Timahoe and head to Stradbally from there, i'll get there, has anyone any tips on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

I'm staying in the boutique area, trying t plot a course to the yellow car park, i think if i drive from Dublin to Timahoe and head to Stradbally from there, i'll get there, has anyone any tips on this?

Think it might be easier to go down the M9 and turn off for Athy. Athy to Stradbally brings you in the right side for the yellow car park me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Think I went from Vicarstown to Stradbally via the R428 last year.
    That's my plan again next week.

EDIT: Actually, looking at my Timeline on Google maps, I went via Athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eoghan18

Can anyone mark roughly where the Red Car park is on google maps. I can't seem to figure it out. It's my third EP but have gotten public transport before this year.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Something strange is going on...the weather forecast is....good :eek:
    It'll be wasp central instead this year!

New War on Drugs, Queens of the Stone age LPs out today
    Would have been nice to have seen either of them on the main stage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Johnny boy85

Think I went from Vicarstown to Stradbally via the R428 last year.
    That's my plan again next week.

EDIT: Actually, looking at my Timeline on Google maps, I went via Athy.

I'll do that so, did you just take the road from Athy to Stradbally then? i went from Athy last year and ended up in Green (which is what i was looking for).

Advertisement