Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'll do that so, did you just take the road from Athy to Stradbally then? i went from Athy last year and ended up in Green (which is what i was looking for).

Make sure you take the R428. That will mean you get to the south end of Stradbally and can then turn left onto "Court Square" road.

All makes sense when you look at the roads on Google maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Weather predictions...

Accuweather:

Friday: 19c partly sunny 3% rain
    Saturday: 19c cloudy morning giving way to sun 25% rain
    Sunday: 18c cloudy 2% rain

Timeanddate.com:

Friday: 21c 38% mostly cloudy
    Saturday: 21c 49% clearing to sun
    Sunday: 20c 45% clearing skies

Theweathernetwork:

Friday: 18c 20% chance of rain,
    Saturday: 19c 20% chance of rain
    Sunday: 19c 20% chance of rain,

Big improvement from what I last looked.

To be continued.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mr.S wrote: »
    Something strange is going on...the weather forecast is....good :eek:

The weather on acuweather is very promising.

Lets not get carried away though as the long range weather models can't rea..... OH MY GOD, IT'S GONNA BE AMAZING

Yea, so we'll just have to wait an see i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Granite Head

eoghan18 wrote: »
    Can anyone mark roughly where the Red Car park is on google maps. I can't seem to figure it out. It's my third EP but have gotten public transport before this year.

What's the best route from Dublin to arrive in the red car park? Want to camp in Joplin or Chaplin.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, Muirean Bradley, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Melts Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, St. Vincent, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The weather on acuweather is very promising.

Lets not get carried away though as the long range weather models can't rea..... OH MY GOD, IT'S GONNA BE AMAZING

Yea, so we'll just have to wait an see i suppose.

Don't mind all that. The factor 50 and three pairs of shades are in the case. The raincoat and umbrella are out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

For a few seconds I thought I was seeing things in my Facebook feed posted by Rocky Electrosoul, the Arcadia lineup for EP then I spotted the year, 2011. :) Would love to see that again.

308553_273993765960952_4739906_n.jpg?oh=f4e6a7783787010dad0800aef727cdf3&oe=5A1AD918

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What's the best route from Dublin to arrive in the red car park? Want to camp in Joplin or Chaplin.

just get onto the M7 and take the signs for Electric Picnic at J16, red is basically the default car park so you should end up there without trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Go down the motorway, follow the signs.

99% of Friday traffic will be sent to the red car park to keep it away from Stradbally village.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Think I went from Vicarstown to Stradbally via the R428 last year.
    That's my plan again next week.

EDIT: Actually, looking at my Timeline on Google maps, I went via Athy.

Vicarstown is the 'SatNav' route and the sneaky way in, that the Gardai had blocked off last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Hi all, are tickets gate specific ?
    I.e. We have 4 for gate 10 and 2 for gate 24... what way does that work?
    Thx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

For a few seconds I thought I was seeing things in my Facebook feed posted by Rocky Electrosoul, the Arcadia lineup for EP then I spotted the year, 2011. :) Would love to see that again.

308553_273993765960952_4739906_n.jpg?oh=f4e6a7783787010dad0800aef727cdf3&oe=5A1AD918

I had a slight smile on my face there for a second. Had some great late nights at that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Arcadia is sadly missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Jayop wrote: »
    Weather predictions...

Accuweather:

Friday: 19c partly sunny 3% rain
    Saturday: 19c cloudy morning giving way to sun 25% rain
    Sunday: 18c cloudy 2% rain

Timeanddate.com:

Friday: 21c 38% mostly cloudy
    Saturday: 21c 49% clearing to sun
    Sunday: 20c 45% clearing skies

Theweathernetwork:

Friday: 18c 20% chance of rain,
    Saturday: 19c 20% chance of rain
    Sunday: 19c 20% chance of rain,

Big improvement from what I last looked.

To be continued.....

Far too early to tell with any degree of certainty. But that would be savage.. better hit the gym for the week #sunsoutgunsout

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Arcadia is sadly missed :(

More Arcadia, less eat.ie/ e-lites/ 2fm etc imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

About to go on my 2nd favourite shop of the year, off to buy the batteries crisps water and cereal bars
    It's better than Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Poorside wrote: »
    About to go on my 2nd favourite shop of the year, off to buy the batteries crisps water and cereal bars

Don't forget tissue!

That's some sex life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

mimimcmc wrote: »

Don't forget tissue!

To wipe the stains from my soul on Monday? Need a scourer for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

moonshadow wrote: »
    Hi all, are tickets gate specific ?
    I.e. We have 4 for gate 10 and 2 for gate 24... what way does that work?
    Thx.

No.

Unless you have a specific type of ticket (e.g. camper van, family etc), it's a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Red Bull Soundome:

RB-Soundome-Social-Media-600x750-ANIMATED.gif

from Nialler9:
    The Red Bull Soundome is a geodesic dome featuring 46 speakers and 5 subwoofers under the floor that provides a totally unique dancing/listening experience and it’ll be in the woods near Trenchtown at Electric Picnic next weekend.

I got the chance to try it out this week from its home in Kilkenny and for a DJ, it offers the opportunity to play music physically as well as sonically, as the sound engulfs the audience in the covered dome.

The capacity is only 50 people and along with myself playing in it on Sunday night at 10pm, Leo Pearson and Replete will play a 90 minute 16-channel music piece each day and the rest of the lineup looks like this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

I'm staying in the boutique area, trying t plot a course to the yellow car park, i think if i drive from Dublin to Timahoe and head to Stradbally from there, i'll get there, has anyone any tips on this?

If you follow signs for campervan entrance thats right beside yellow....

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Just got a spot on the waiting list for Pink Moon. Going to be my first year doing it fancy. Folks here think it's worth it?

Just wondering how do you get on the waiting list? Looking for one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Vicarstown is the 'SatNav' route and the sneaky way in, that the Gardai had blocked off last year.

Can you remember where the route was blocked off? I was thinking of going kildangan - vicarstown - stradbally to try avoid long delays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

whats the best car park to go to for the Eco campsite?

jobless wrote: »

Red. That's where I'll be around 8 am next Friday morning

jobless wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Was just checking out the weather charts for the festival, when I noticed this gem:

ukprec.png

Stradbally must have invested in a rain shield over the last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Lzmunky wrote: »

thanks....any directions whats the best way to get there from dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Dunnes have Craft Beer cans on '4for€10' at the moment, for the connoisseurs among us.
    Fransiscan Well, BrewDog, and White Hag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Deeluu wrote: »
    Dunnes have Craft Beer cans on '4for€10' at the moment, for the connoisseurs among us.
    Fransiscan Well, BrewDog, and White Hag.

All 330ml tins?

Advertisement