Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

kg703 wrote: »
    Won 2 x tickets and went last weekend. Was alright. Tons of kids and yummy mummys bringing said kids but really just wanting to go on the wine.

Night time was a bit better. Nice little set up though, weather was decent Saturday, only went for the last few hours of sunday as it was lashing.

Plus Boojum had a stand there ;)

God, was off in Belfast (Vital) for 2 days and trying to catch up on this thread has been affecting my work all day ;)

I was there on Saturday for Primal Scream - they were brilliant, but you're right. It was like attending a gig at a primary school!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

anyone know the best rourte to the red car park from the n7?... coming from dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wyatting

Deeluu wrote: »
    I was there on Saturday for Primal Scream - they were brilliant, but you're right. It was like attending a gig at a primary school!
    My daughter thought it was great. ...but she is 6 and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

jobless wrote: »
    anyone know the best rourte to the red car park from the n7?... coming from dublin

you likely won't have a choice, once you come off the motor way the guards will be directing traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

hkn-08.21-stage-lineup-ep-v3-press_0.jpg

Heineken stage times.. wouldn't have minded seeing that Stranger Things set but I reckon at the time it'll be a clash with something on my never ending list of "want to see's"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Serious FOMO this year. Not attending this year as im pregnant.

Hopefully be back back next with a bang and leave the hubby to mind the baby as he's not in to EP lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

garrkell wrote: »
    Is Clark playing? dont see him on the line up at all....

six lines down in the section after headliners.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Peesh89 wrote: »
    hkn-08.21-stage-lineup-ep-v3-press_0.jpg

Heineken stage times.. wouldn't have minded seeing that Stranger Things set but I reckon at the time it'll be a clash with something on my never ending list of "want to see's"

Kinda raging it's on Sunday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Yea get the green bus to Portlaoise and then head to the train station (about 10 min walk from the bus stop) and get the shuttle bus
    Dublin Coach runs every hour (24/7) from Kildare Town to Portlaoise, you would probably have to get a shuttle or taxi from there to Stradbally.
    banchang wrote: »
    Thanks - and on the return from EP to Kildare town late at night ?

Anyone, for the return to Kildare town ?

Is it not the return bus going to Dublin? Does that not go through there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Is it not the return bus going to Dublin? Does that not go through there.

Apologies I'm staying in Kildare town for the weekend & was asking about transfers to/from Kildare to EP each day.

Is there a return bus to Dublin thru Kildare for each of Friday, Sat & Sun nights ?

Apologies I'm staying in Kildare town for the weekend & was asking about transfers to/from Kildare to EP each day.

Is there a return bus to Dublin thru Kildare for each of Friday, Sat & Sun nights ?

I don't know, I just figured there would be regular Bus Eireann buses put on for the festival, I'll already be on site and coming from the Galway end so I don't know. There is some info on the EP website about buses hopefully that can help.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/travel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The dublin coach runs 24 hours so you can get it back to Kildare Town from Portlaoise any time too. But you will probably need to get a taxi from Stradbally to Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I know it's prob been asked, but can you use family camping tickets for general camping

Snarky Snark Snark

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I know it's prob been asked, but can you use family camping tickets for general camping

yes you can but given the sheer demand for family camping tickets, you might want to try and find some one to swap with first (check toutless)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

mani82 wrote: »
    So I'm a bit late to the party but been following this for a while.
    Been going to EP since 09 and stayed in pink moon since 10. Its definitely worth it in my opinion for folk of a certain age. €100 odd for the pleasure of having tent ready for you all organised with plenty of space around it for sitting out on the camp chairs for having the chats and some drinks. Once you go pink moon, you dont go back. There can be a bit of a delay getting in initially to get the wristbands depending on when you arrive. try to get there before lunchtime to avoid this.
    Also a big bonus if having the entrance directly into the main area next to electric arena-it literally takes 2 mins.. and you can bring in your own tent beer if you pour it into a plastic cup. easy to run back to tent to grab another if you are nearby then. This entrance does close sometime around midnight i think

Started going to EP in 08, been every year since and think the above is an excellent summary of the joys of Pink Moon.

Big difference is until last year I was always in general camping.

NEVER going back... too fond of the small comforts described above.

The map is up.

21032519_10155704207774168_4573010503440914281_n.jpg?oh=5ff83ebaefae41ad6a30b43be1831f06&oe=5A2170B3

Snarky Snark Snark

Hey BD, you gonna be uploading any pictures of the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Ok finally giving in. Last year (1st year) we were directed to the yellow car park and trekked all the way to Joplin with all our gear.

This year we are in Eco site. Any suggestions on how to get to get to the red car park. Driving from Waterford/Kilkenny direction.

Thanks muchly

Hey BD, you gonna be uploading any pictures of the site?

Yep I got in touch with someone on the forum who I can send snaps to in Whatsapp, will take some site build photos when I get the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Reded wrote: »
    Just got notification earlier from some of our on site crew that security is being ramped up and to expect crew searches of vehicles bags etc.

And for anyone wondering about the bag sizes even at galway races this yr it was enforced! Bag searches every day! So just be prepared! Unprecedented times!!

What's the restriction on bag sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Big thanks to whoever recommended Bicurious. They are exceptional

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

thebusher wrote: »
    Ok finally giving in. Last year (1st year) we were directed to the yellow car park and trekked all the way to Joplin with all our gear.

This year we are in Eco site. Any suggestions on how to get to get to the red car park. Driving from Waterford/Kilkenny direction.

Thanks muchly

Approach from Portlaoise and you'll end up in the Red or Green car parks, but more than likely the Red one. There is no way to guarantee which out of Red/Green you'll end up in, but Green is very close to the Eco campsite anyway (use Abbeyleix Road to access the Main Entrance, don't go in via the Paintball Entrance).

Approach from Athy and you'll probably end up in the Yellow car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

So I was thinking there that pop, rock, techno, and trad are well represented.

How about jazz? BOOKA BRASS is one. What other bands are Jazz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

MJohnston wrote: »
    Approach from Portlaoise and you'll end up in the Red or Green car parks, but more than likely the Red one. There is no way to guarantee which out of Red/Green you'll end up in, but Green is very close to the Eco campsite anyway (use Abbeyleix Road to access the Main Entrance, don't go in via the Paintball Entrance).

Approach from Athy and you'll probably end up in the Yellow car park.

Looking at the map the green seems a bit of a Trek... Red is right beside it so if anyone has the best route to get there from Dublin I'd appreciate it ... I'm in eco too

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

askU wrote: »
    So I was thinking there that pop, rock, techno, and trad are well represented.

How about jazz? BOOKA BRASS is one. What other bands are Jazz?
    Mr Jukes is a bit jazz. Wee bursts of almost free jazz in a couple of tunes. Very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not worth going to the Newstalk tent in Mindfield unless you're there an hour before the game. Also if you go out to the toilet you won't get back in unless you sneak in under the tent covers as some youngsters were doing a couple of years ago. Better off walking the 20 mins to the Stradbally pubs I reckon.

Just in terms of watching the game in one of the pubs in the village, will they not be as jammed as watching it in the Newstalk tent? Assuming nothing clashes, id gladly make the journey in...i presume they dont have a ban on any festival goes dragging their disheveled self into the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jobless wrote: »
    Looking at the map the green seems a bit of a Trek... Red is right beside it so if anyone has the best route to get there from Dublin I'd appreciate it ... I'm in eco too

just follow the signs from the M7 for EP and you'll be directed into the Red car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

LowOdour wrote: »
    Just in terms of watching the game in one of the pubs in the village, will they not be as jammed as watching it in the Newstalk tent? Assuming nothing clashes, id gladly make the journey in...i presume they dont have a ban on any festival goes dragging their disheveled self into the pub!
    they're busy, but not jammed, as most people are too lazy to walk 20mins down to the town, and there's plenty of pubs showing it.

Advertisement