Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

In boutique camping, wonder will they let us up the road and enter beside mindfield

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

MJohnston wrote: »
    Approach from Portlaoise and you'll end up in the Red or Green car parks, but more than likely the Red one. There is no way to guarantee which out of Red/Green you'll end up in, but Green is very close to the Eco campsite anyway (use Abbeyleix Road to access the Main Entrance, don't go in via the Paintball Entrance).

Approach from Athy and you'll probably end up in the Yellow car park.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Next week will be very unproductive at work I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I know it's prob been asked, but can you use family camping tickets for general camping

Yes but swap them with families looming for family camping

I never went near hazel wood or anachronica last year....can some tell me what happens? A few extra stages this year...could make for an interesting weekend. Having a Friday pint and starting to get excited. I'm also intrigued by pink moon. Are the tents decent size for 2 people? Getting on a bit.....might be the way forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

declanleo wrote: »
    I never went near hazel wood or anachronica last year....can some tell me what happens? A few extra stages this year...could make for an interesting weekend. Having a Friday pint and starting to get excited. I'm also intrigued by pink moon. Are the tents decent size for 2 people? Getting on a bit.....might be the way forward

Pink Moon has been sold out for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

declanleo wrote: »

Depends which option you pick. First year i stayed in pink moon we got the multi coloured tipee and there were 2 of us. Wasn't too bad.
    Last year we got a 4 man belle tent with pod pads in pink moon and they were great.

garrkell wrote: »
    Pink Moon has been sold out for ages

Of course and there's a waiting list....think of next year... we've always had a five man with a mattress. Don't need that much space but I like somewhere for our bags without feeling claustrophobic. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

jobless wrote: »
    Looking at the map the green seems a bit of a Trek... Red is right beside it so if anyone has the best route to get there from Dublin I'd appreciate it ... I'm in eco too

Man, I'm trying to be patient, but this has seriously been explained about 20 times in the last week on this thread - if you approach on the main Portlaoise route from Dublin, you will almost certainly end up in the Red Car park. It's the Green car park that's really difficult to intentionally get into, not Red.

I would note that it's probably no further from the north end of the Red Car park to the main entrance compared to the Green Park to the main entrance. The Red car park site is big, and you have to trek across a field, as opposed to coming from the Green car park where you walk along a flat, straight, tarmac surface road.

• Advertisement

they're busy, but not jammed, as most people are too lazy to walk 20mins down to the town, and there's plenty of pubs showing it.

Also most people couldn't give a good ****e about sports!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

mgkelly wrote: »
    Mr Jukes is a bit jazz. Wee bursts of almost free jazz in a couple of tunes. Very nice!

That's probably it then for Jazz??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

askU wrote: »
    That's probably it then for Jazz??!!

Some of the smaller stages like Earthship and Bandstand in Body & Soul, some of the Trailer Park stages will have the occasional jazz or jazz act, I'm not to hot in the auld jazz, more a psychedelic jazz fusion type of stuff I'm into so wouldn't be able to advise on acts. If you can catch an act called Grand who will probably be playing some of the smaller stages they are worth a listen.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Ah, give it a rest with that snobby opinion. :rolleyes:

garrkell wrote: »
    Ah, give it a rest with that snobby opinion. :rolleyes:

It's not snobby, it's just a reasonable summary of a music festival crowd. I'm a big rugby fan, but I couldn't give two hoots about it while EP is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Good thing that I couldnt give a good ****e about most people so..

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I was in the Yellow car park last year and found it great for getting to it and getting into Hendrix. This year I'm in the Eco campsite which would lean towards the Red car park, but I'm not keen on getting stuck queueing for ages. What's the queue for the Red car park likely to be like at about 1pm Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i think we were about 30mins from hitting traffic coming off the motorway to parking up, around that time last year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Not sure if it's open for pre-orders yet but http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

Whats the benefit of pre ordering? They hardly run out? Presumably as well you could nip into supervalu in stradbally and pick up a case there for half the price?

Whats the benefit of pre ordering? They hardly run out? Presumably as well you could nip into supervalu in stradbally and pick up a case there for half the price?

I'm not sure what the benefits are of pre-ordering, never done it myself. I know that people prefer using the on-site offy because Stradbally can be a fair hike depending on where you're camping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dawnymur

First timer here guys- any suggestions which campsite would be best for us to head to as we won't be arriving until Friday evening and hoping to be able to pitch 3/4 tents together??🀔 Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Anyone that has stayed in Eco camp. Is there ONLY loowatt toilets there? Which means you have to pay to use them or leave the Eco site and go somewhere
    else ? That seems a bit mad no?

It's not snobby, it's just a reasonable summary of a music festival crowd. I'm a big rugby fan, but I couldn't give two hoots about it while EP is on.

Likewise, unless I'm drunkenly showing off war wounds from my glittering J2 career.... #chicksdigscars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I know it's probably been requested loads of times but does anyone have a copy or link to the list of items to bring to the festival that somebody posted a long long time ago in this thread. It was a great list that covered everything, I thought I had saved it but can't find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thebusher wrote: »
    Anyone that has stayed in Eco camp. Is there ONLY loowatt toilets there? Which means you have to pay to use them or leave the Eco site and go somewhere
    there's normal toilets 15 seconds walk from it.
    Loowatt toilets are new this year.

thebusher wrote: »

It's my first time in there too.. I don't mind the €3 for a morning dump though, ill walk into the woods for the rest.... herself may have an issue however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Beekay wrote: »
    I know it's probably been requested loads of times but does anyone have a copy or link to the list of items to bring to the festival that somebody posted a long long time ago in this thread. It was a great list that covered everything, I thought I had saved it but can't find it anywhere!

touch.boards.ie/thread/2057643670/476

they should edit the first page, stick this link in there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

LowOdour wrote: »
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not worth going to the Newstalk tent in Mindfield unless you're there an hour before the game. Also if you go out to the toilet you won't get back in unless you sneak in under the tent covers as some youngsters were doing a couple of years ago. Better off walking the 20 mins to the Stradbally pubs I reckon.

Just in terms of watching the game in one of the pubs in the village, will they not be as jammed as watching it in the Newstalk tent? Assuming nothing clashes, id gladly make the journey in...i presume they dont have a ban on any festival goes dragging their disheveled self into the pub!
    I've never watched a game in the village but pals have and recommend it. I think that Kehoes is the favoured pub, both on this forum & amongst friends. The Newstalk tent is fairly comfortable inside, you're sitting on the floor but it's spacious enough.
    However, you won't get inside unless you're there an hour or so beforehand (for big games there are usually 100/150 people trying to watch from outside) so I don't recommend it. And as stated before if you need the toilet you won't get back in. There may be another stage showing it (as Elites used to) but if not then head for Stradbally.

Beekay wrote: »

See attachments

• Advertisement

askU wrote: »
    See attachments

Also:

Advertisement