Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

thebusher wrote: »
    Anyone that has stayed in Eco camp. Is there ONLY loowatt toilets there? Which means you have to pay to use them or leave the Eco site and go somewhere
    else ? That seems a bit mad no?

I think they've embellished the site map a little in terms of the distance between the Eco Campsite and the Charlie Chaplin campsite. If I remember right, they're just across a small field from each other, so it'd be little hassle to walk across to the Chaplin portaloos.

ETA: I remember where the Chaplin loos were actually, because I had to shelter in the trees there when there was a big downpour last year and my wife was using them. So, going by that, it's about 100m between Eco campsite and those portaloos. You'd walk much further than that in most of the bigger campsites!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

askU wrote: »
    Also:

askU could you at least take the trouble to acknowledge some of the posters who answered you. :) Techno and Jazz questions.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

MJohnston wrote: »
    It's not snobby, it's just a reasonable summary of a music festival crowd. I'm a big rugby fan, but I couldn't give two hoots about it while EP is on.

I'm with MJ. I'd love to be in croker but come the day thereis only one place i want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Dawnymur wrote: »
    First timer here guys- any suggestions which campsite would be best for us to head to as we won't be arriving until Friday evening and hoping to be able to pitch 3/4 tents together??🀔 Ta

Go to joplin. I always arrive around 3/4 and I've went straight there the last 3 years. Not many dickheads as I find a lot of after work heads go there. Camp up the back a wee bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

garrkell wrote: »
    Ah, give it a rest with that snobby opinion. :rolleyes:

It's not snobby, it's just a reasonable summary of a music festival crowd. I'm a big rugby fan, but I couldn't give two hoots about it while EP is on.
    I agree, it's a weekend for avoiding sport. But you'll still see a hell of a lot of Galway & Waterford jerseys around the site on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mani82

kg703 wrote: »
    Stayed in PM last year and the security even gave us the plastic cups to pour our beer into.

Was no bother

Yeah once your beer is in one of the plastic cups, it's fine. They won't allow bottles though

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

wrote: »
    askU could you at least take the trouble to acknowledge some of the posters who answered you. :) Techno and Jazz questions.

Thank you bodhrandude and mgkelly for yer reply to my questions.
    I await more replies about jazz at the picnic next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Beekay wrote: »
    I know it's probably been requested loads of times but does anyone have a copy or link to the list of items to bring to the festival that somebody posted a long long time ago in this thread. It was a great list that covered everything, I thought I had saved it but can't find it anywhere!

There's a few floating around.

Mine is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dawnymur

declanleo wrote: »
    Go to joplin. I always arrive around 3/4 and I've went straight there the last 3 years. Not many dickheads as I find a lot of after work heads go there. Camp up the back a wee bit

Thanks for that Declan, was planning on the Oscar Wilde but have heard it gets fair packed!! Joplin sounds more appealing! Closer to the car park too by the look of it so happy days once we get a parking spot in red!! Looking forward to a good weekend- cheers again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

New valley Wolves playing the main B&S stage on Friday night, should be a good way to lash into the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I think they've embellished the site map a little in terms of the distance between the Eco Campsite and the Charlie Chaplin campsite. If I remember right, they're just across a small field from each other, so it'd be little hassle to walk across to the Chaplin portaloos.

ETA: I remember where the Chaplin loos were actually, because I had to shelter in the trees there when there was a big downpour last year and my wife was using them. So, going by that, it's about 100m between Eco campsite and those portaloos. You'd walk much further than that in most of the bigger campsites!

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I've never seen so many tickets for sale, all over buy and sell groups on face book, €240 tickets going for €200.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I've never seen so many tickets for sale, all over buy and sell groups on face book, €240 tickets going for €200.

The true indicator that demand is low is that the ones on Seatwave are low priced!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reded

What's the restriction on bag sizes?

Small bag dimensions of A4 is what is being said!

I see ATCQ do this one on their set list, Can I Kick It, which uses Lou Reed's Take a Walk on the Wild Side melody, Kelly-Anne Byrne also played this on her Beat Goes On Show.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/a-tribe-called-quest-63d6daa3.html?year=2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

You would expect a small rise in price if weather stays as good as predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

andreac wrote: »
    Everytime i walk through Hendrix to go to the rave in the woods, i just thank my lucky stars im staying in Pink Moon :D

That place (Hendrix) is just mental!!

Through Hendrix for the rave in the woods!! :confused: take a map this year.:D

I see ATCQ do this one on their set list, Can I Kick It, which uses Lou Reed's Take a Walk on the Wild Side melody, Kelly-Anne Byrne also played this on her Beat Goes On Show.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/a-tribe-called-quest-63d6daa3.html?year=2017

Probably their most well-known tune I'd say. I can't wait to see them, hopefully they don't pull out! I miss old-school hip hop like theirs.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Through Hendrix for the rave in the woods!! :confused: take a map this year.:D

Yeah its only if you came from the main arena into Hendrix that you would go that way, otherwise pass Hendrix onto Oscar Wilde and RITW is out of the top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Kasabian rockin Reading here.

Thought at one stage we might have got them. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Any major acts (bar The XX, Mylo, Jenny Greene, etc) that we're sure are playing on Friday evening? Saturday & Sunday are looking pretty solid and even very clash heavy (the potential of Father John Misty v Duran Duran worries me) but Friday could be very sparse.

Please reassure me good people of Boards.ie.

I made a printable packing checklist and campsite guide, it's too big to post directly here, but you can get full size here

Ut5DD4m.png

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any major acts (bar The XX, Mylo, Jenny Greene, etc) that we're sure are playing on Friday evening? Saturday & Sunday are looking pretty solid and even very clash heavy (the potential of Father John Misty v Duran Duran worries me) but Friday could be very sparse.

Run The Jewels will be Friday as gigging in Philadelphia on Saturday.

Imo one of the best acts playing all weekend (possibly best).

Not sure if rap floats yr boat tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Red Bull Soundome:

RB-Soundome-Social-Media-600x750-ANIMATED.gif

from Nialler9:

Sounds like a small Despacio. Could be fun

Probably their most well-known tune I'd say. I can't wait to see them, hopefully they don't pull out! I miss old-school hip hop like theirs.

Assuming they do show, I just know I will completely lose my **** when they do Buggin Out.

Have they ever done a gig in Ireland before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »

guy on another forum says that Father John Misty is on 21:15-22:15 (he knows someone playing with him) , so shouldn't clash with Duran Duran.

I presume FJM will be in the Electric Arena at that time, and clash with Elbow on the main stage.

Assuming they do show, I just know I will completely lose my **** when they do Buggin Out.

Have they ever done a gig in Ireland before?

Not that I can find any evidence of anyway.

As for them showing, they said it best themselves:
    We about our business, we not quitters
    Not bull****ters, we deliver—we go-get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

thebusher wrote: »
    Kasabian rockin Reading here.

Thought at one stage we might have got them. Shame.
    You'll appreciate this, my son just saw SLF; finished with alternative Ulster, said it was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Sorry lads/Ladies has anyone got the link to the gig clasher app that someone made here? On iPhone and can't seem to search the forum for it? Sorry again...

• Advertisement

One way of feeding the hype machine ahead of next week is memories of times old and plenty of people on here with a long history @ the festival so....

What's yr favorite gig seen in Stradbally?

Mine is David Byrne & St Vincent (2013?) no questions asked - the only festival gig that I'd put in my all time best shows list.

This video actually does capture some of the magic I think - notice the total absence of anyone chatting for instance.... I was about halfway between this guy and the stage

Advertisement