Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I'd agree with whoever mentioned Jazz (or Soul, preferably Northern). Given diversity of stages you think there might be room for a racous new Orleans jazz type tent or some Northern Soul djs.

Okay, not jazz as such, but for a dose of New Orleans brass band sounds, keep in mind that both Booka Brass Band, and Stomptown Brass will be playing once again - Irish acts that more than hold their own in the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Just discovered the old rucksack has seen it's final days. Any recommendations for reasonably priced stores in the Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Agreed they are very worthy options but a whole area or stage with some imports would be good as well.
    It seems they have dropped the heritage acts in last few years, the likes of Gill Scott Heron, Family Stone, Jimmy Cliff etc. Focus seems to be on reggae.

Saying all this I don't know where I'd fit it in the weekend schedule.

Re Those Charming Men scheduling I think we should start a campaign to get them moved to 17.00 Friday on Salty Dog. Let's bombard Twitter @epfestival and facebook page. Otherwise a lot of teenagers will go unkicked untill Sat evening.Ã႒°Å¸ËœÅ½

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

gandalfio wrote: »
    Just discovered the old rucksack has seen it's final days. Any recommendations for reasonably priced stores in the Dublin area?

Ramblers Way on Mary Street is a good shout. Have also heard good things about Base Camp on Henry Street but I must admit I haven't picked up anything there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Am I right in saying there's normally a shop in Wilde that sells camping chairs etc? Thinking of not buying a chair or mat and just picking one up there to lighten the load for the walk.

Id buy a proper one if I were you, the chairs they sell there don't hold up well, but then I'm 15 stone and need a crane to get me out of camping chairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

alastair wrote: »
    Okay, not jazz as such, but for a dose of New Orleans brass band sounds, keep in mind that both Booka Brass Band, and Stomptown Brass will be playing once again - Irish acts that more than hold their own in the scene.
    Cool

Stomptown Brass describes themselves as 'A New Orleans style urban brass band based in Dublin'. Sounds good 😀

Booka Brass Band are Ireland's first (and currently only) New Orleans style Brass Band.
    -I heard they're very good live.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The camping stores around the Capel Street area always have decent deals

I can't get into the city centre unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Still a few days early to be 100% sure but confidence is building that the weather should be fine with nothing extreme, no major rainfall and a good chance of some sunny spells. In fact I'm very optimistic that no wellies will be needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

a few big camping shops out in blanch centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Am I right in saying there's normally a shop in Wilde that sells camping chairs etc? Thinking of not buying a chair or mat and just picking one up there to lighten the load for the walk.

pamper the camper have a stall in one of the sites this year, you can preorder and pickup when you get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Poorside wrote: »
    pamper the camper have a stall in one of the sites this year, you can preorder and pickup when you get there.

Missed the pre order date unfortunately. Not sure if they have chairs you can just rock up and buy, think it could only be ear plugs, spare pegs and other small bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Missed the pre order date unfortunately. Not sure if they have chairs you can just rock up and buy, think it could only be ear plugs, spare pegs and other small bits.

send them a message, they're normally very good to respond

a few big camping shops out in blanch centre.

Camping Warehouse have a good sale on

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Poorside wrote: »
    send them a message, they're normally very good to respond

Will give that a try, cheers!

1pm rte weather today. They expect high pressure to build later this week and dominate as we go through Friday and on in to the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Is there somewhere you can get ice up there? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Gal44 wrote: »
    Is there somewhere you can get ice up there? Cheers

They sell it in Centra /Londis in Hendrix every year
    Dunno about other campsites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How many people will head on Thursday? I wonder if it will be enough to reduce traffic volumes on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Hey folks,

My work schedule has ruined my plans of catching a bus eireann on custom house quay due to the last bus being a little too early for me to catch. Anyone know any services around the city leaving Friday evening at 6.30 pm or later?

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    How many people will head on Thursday? I wonder if it will be enough to reduce traffic volumes on Friday?

I can't see that many people paying €25 to go into an field with no main arena open. That's my opinion. I myself am looking forward to my bed and a wee lie in on Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I don't have a ticket but have accommodation in the area.

Should I donedeal it or expect a ticket drop on TM later in the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Anyone know anything about coaches leaving after the last act on Sunday night? I'm based in Galway and wasn't able to get out of work on Monday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Campsite opened today at 10am for all staff. Just got the email with all the maps, info, do's and don't, etc. Can't see any change to the map from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well this will be my final post until maybe September 4th or 5th. Nearly everything packed and ready, will get some stuff after in Stradbally Supervalu after the H&S briefing. Crack open the first tin, roll a single skinner, break out the sounds and go exploring. Hope to meet ya all down there, will keep in touch by whatsapp and god willing will try to make a boards meet up. :D:cool::eek:;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Slow Show wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about coaches leaving after the last act on Sunday night? I'm based in Galway and wasn't able to get out of work on Monday. :(

You could try and get a Dublin coach on Sunday and maybe if you are lucky there might be a Gobus that goes back I think at 1 am to Galway from the Quays. Actually Gobus has a bus going off at 12.05
    http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=28

And a citylink that goes from Dublin airport 12.30 so you are leaving it slim, more likely you would probably have to leave at 10 - 10.30 to make
    any of these.

http://www.citylink.ie/timetables

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't have a ticket but have accommodation in the area.

Should I donedeal it or expect a ticket drop on TM later in the week?

seems to be plenty to be had on toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

RTE 2 are doing an Electric Picnic preview show Thursday night at 23.00 - 00.05.
    And are once again are doing a show Saturday night 20.00 - 01.00.
    Be prepared for RTE personalities egos to be stoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's amazing how little coverage EP gets, both on RTE and by EP themselves live streaming it. Nearly every other festival gets decent coverage by the national broadcaster / has decent live streams in place online.

Its a major fustration! Generally record the footage to watch what ive "missed" over the week end, but the coverage is absolutely muck!!! Talk absolute ****e for an hour about themselves, show two songs then back to ****e talking!! Tree house, bags and bags of RTE staff, their accommodation, their old structured public sector pay and expensives and for what.... 15 min actual music coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Have we a whatsapp group going on or no?

Advertisement