Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

the lack of 24 can slabs in the shops is a bit worrying. went around all the usual shops today and the only slab of lager on offer was 24 cans of Canadian for 26 euro. To get the same in Budweiser would cost 36 euro:eek: that was in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Jagwar Ma just pushed themselves into the European qualifying places on my must see list from the nice to see list.

List has been brutally cut from 42 acts to 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

neddynono wrote: »
    the lack of 24 can slabs in the shops is a bit worrying. went around all the usual shops today and the only slab of lager on offer was 24 cans of Canadian for 26 euro. To get the same in Budweiser would cost 36 euro:eek: that was in tesco
    If there's an o briens near you they have 12 bulmers for €15 or 18 for €22:50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Have we a whatsapp group going on or no?

arlene_oh_my_god_no.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I don't have a ticket but have accommodation in the area.

Should I donedeal it or expect a ticket drop on TM later in the week?

Done deal all the way. If they have personal reviews you won't go wrong

Poorside wrote: »

Cheers for that poorside....I'll be making an investment this week

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

dubecho wrote: »

How's the ground doing? Looks good to me from the pictures

adam240610 wrote: »
    How's the ground doing? Looks good to me from the pictures

The site from what I seen today, is bone dry. A lot of dust of the gravel roads. Hopefully it stays that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

dubecho wrote: »
    The site from what I seen today, is bone dry. A lot of dust of the gravel roads. Hopefully it stays that way :)

good stuff..... fingers crossed there is little rain this week :) ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Poorside wrote: »

picked some of that already;) but on the lookout for lager now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shimurr

Hey, going for the first year and can't wait to go but trying to choose what campsite to use. My friends are set on going to Oscar Wilde but I've heard so many horror stories about it I'm not too keen! Was thinking more along the lines of Chaplin or Joplin. I'm in the mindset that I can always hang out with them and then head back to my tent in the early hours anyway so it's not like I'll miss out on the craic. Just don't fancy my tent being ploughed into! Haha. Any advice/thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Shimurr wrote: »
    Hey, going for the first year and can't wait to go but trying to choose what campsite to use. My friends are set on going to Oscar Wilde but I've heard so many horror stories about it I'm not too keen! Was thinking more along the lines of Chaplin or Joplin. I'm in the mindset that I can always hang out with them and then head back to my tent in the early hours anyway so it's not like I'll miss out on the craic. Just don't fancy my tent being ploughed into! Haha. Any advice/thoughts?

This might help:
    http://www.thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/

Scroll to the bottom!

Chaplin looks to be a good shout and it's closer to Wilde on the map but no one really talks about it? Hah. Reckon I'd get a place there Friday morning?

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's small and if I remember, very little food or drink trucks around, which isn't that big of a deal. Only 'downside' is the walk to the mainstage which is loooooong. Friday morning you'll have the pick of any campsite, it doesn't get busy till around lunchtime.

Hmmm ok. I'm so undecided... I'd like to be close to everything and still have the craic but the stories about Wilde just really put me off! 🙈🙈

It's worth pointing out that the walk from Chaplin to Wilde is about 2 minutes, they're really close.

What stories? Wilde is busy but its not exactly mayhem! I'd say stay with your friends and camp in Wilde together. Just don't camp near the toilets or along the paths!

Like people pissing everywhere and it being extremely rowdy and messy! Might do :P

MJohnston wrote: »
    It's worth pointing out that the walk from Chaplin to Wilde is about 2 minutes, they're really close.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, can have best of both then, eh?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'm actually starting to get ridiculously excited about this.

Missed the last two years due to work, and I'm bringing my little brother along this year for his first festival. Nearly more excited to see his reaction than the acts!

In that case, best to avoid EP all together! :D

I joke, but you'll get that carry on all over EP, regardless of the campsite. Stay together and have fun :)

Haha noted :P thanks for the advice :)

• Advertisement

Loving Mr.jukes....3 tunes on YouTube and it's a yes from me
    Pale rivers and elaine mai also very appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

neddynono wrote: »
    picked some of that already;) but on the lookout for lager now

Lidl doing 24 x 500ml cans of Carlsberg (2 x 12 can slabs) for €26, the sign said Guinness the same but didn't see any in the Drogheda store I was in.

I quickly did a 'real' campsite map using the Garda aerial photo from last year:

https://twitter.com/deskofmatthew/status/901943661931503616

I think that photo was taken on the Saturday, and if you zoom in, you can see the relative density of the tents in each campsite. Joplin and Chaplin are nice and spacious. Pink Moon is an OCD dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Shimurr wrote: »

Same bollox ref camp sites every year, who goes where is completely random and changes year on year! Rather than considering a camp site as a whole, break it down to a smaller area like 10x10 tents, because outside of this isn't going to matter. We you do this and choose your neighbours the name of the camp site is unimportant.
    I normally stay well away from large groups, post leaving Certs tend to gather in groups of up to x40, absolute head wreckers!! Smaller groups are more trustworthy and receptive.

Btw, Oscar Wilde is actually extremely close to the main arena 2min via the salty dog gate!

Snarky Snark Snark

Pink Moon is an OCD dream.

close up of pink moon

dp102599drotated.jpg

close up of pink moon

dp102599drotated.jpg

Close...

ETxbNrX.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

it really is the way the campsites should be laid out, wouldn't be that hard to impose some degree of order into the other ones (which really need it)

one of those blue ones is mine, ooooh yes, all mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

And now we begin the most unproductive of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Stage Times!

Main Stage, Rankins, All of B&S, Other Voices.

Main Stage is tasty on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I quickly did a 'real' campsite map using the Garda aerial photo from last year:

https://twitter.com/deskofmatthew/status/901943661931503616

I think that photo was taken on the Saturday, and if you zoom in, you can see the relative density of the tents in each campsite. Joplin and Chaplin are nice and spacious. Pink Moon is an OCD dream.

Great job, thanks.

Looking at it, Eco will be fairly rammed if they are doubling the numbers.

Advertisement