Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Any chance you could add this stage to Clashfinder (I can't seem to figure out how to edit it).. Few artists here I'm hoping to catch over the weekend and Clashfinder is my bible for the 3 days...

https://www.facebook.com/declansessions/photos/a.997040010381025.1073741831.957564507661909/1384117478339941/?type=3&theater

done :)

Mr.S wrote: »
    Gate 7 is which gate, the main enterance?

it used to be the Paintball Entrance, so presume it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

done :)

Cheers ghostdancer.. Appreciate that..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I can guarantee one thing, there will be weather

Further Outlook : Friday and Saturday, at this stage, look like being mostly dry, bright days, with very few showers and with sunny spells at times in all areas. Temperatures should recover a little, peaking at between 17 and 20 C., in light to moderate variable breezes. Some mist and patches of fog at night also.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Effects wrote: »
    Really? A tribute act? I'd have thought they would be at the bottom of the list of bands to see at a festival.

They should not be at a music festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Can anybody recommend any good insoles that I could put in my runners to make the 20 mile walking around EP every day a bit more comfortable :):) I was planning to wear the boots I wore to the last EP but can only find one of the pair. Havnt a notion where the other one is. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Peter File wrote: »

Interested to hear more views on this... personally am always surprised there are not more acts like this at festivals.

Would love to see a decent Beatles covers band @ EP sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Interested to hear more views on this... personally am always surprised there are not more acts like this at festivals.

Would love to see a decent Beatles covers band @ EP sometime.

I have no problem with them playing. They're a good band and if you've ever seen them live you'll know that the lead singer takes the piss out of the fact that they're a cover band. They're a bit of throwback fun. People need to lighten up and stop being so precious about a festival. There's far worse ideas being implemented at EP each year.

Anachronica Saturday times:
    District 8 takes over the Anachronica stage at Electric Picnic to bring you the best mix of electronic music into the early hours!

Line up
    02:00 - 04:00 Sunil Sharpe
    00:30 - 02:00 Moduse
    23:15 - 00:30 Long Island Sound
    22:00 - 23:15 Mode_1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Have no problem with tribute bands playing smaller stages when there are so many stages around the place.

Should only be for legendary bands that aren't around any more though. Have no interest in a foo fighters tribute band for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

Picked up a campervan ticket and am not the original purchaser

Does one need id to match the original proof of purchase as per the info on EP website..

Appreciate any help.

D

All campervan occupants must have weekend camping tickets to gain access the campervan area. Please note for campervan/caravan passes the purchaser will be required to bring the original proof of purchase to site along with their pass. This is to prevent touting of campervan passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

If its a good tribute - why not?
    The Roadhouse Doors are playing and if they dont clash with anyone I want to see then I am definitely going along. If I could sit somewhere in the (hopeful) sun with a nice beer listening to the Doors for an hour, that's a good hour for me.

A little disappointed RTJ are on early main stage - was hoping they would be in a tent at night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Have no problem with tribute bands playing either... There is some may different stages/areas at EP that if you don't want to waste your time with them you don't have to... Personally, this year I'm hoping to catch the Doors and the Neil Young tribute bands (assuming there's no clashes)..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Went to see Daft as Punk last year at the picnic and had a great time. It's the closest thing that the Picnic will ever have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Peter File wrote: »

Eh? Why the feck not? God knows if we can fit in yoga, hot tubs, e-lites, cooking etc., there's certainly room for a gang of superb musicians playing the Smiths.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Another question and sorry if it has already been discussed.

The map has the Electric Arena and the Little Big Tent. Presumably it hasn't been updated for this year. Are these the B&S Earthship and Bandstand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Have no problem with tribute bands playing either... There is some may different stages/areas at EP that if you don't want to waste your time with them you don't have to... Personally, this year I'm hoping to catch the Doors and the Neil Young tribute bands (assuming there's no clashes)..

Who? Where are they playing?

The Salty Dog no stars are covering the stones exile on main street this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

Another question and sorry if it has already been discussed.

The map has the Electric Arena and the Little Big Tent. Presumably it hasn't been updated for this year. Are these the B&S Earthship and Bandstand?

EA and LBT still to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Are these the B&S Earthship and Bandstand?

No, Earthship and bandstand are small stages within the B&S area

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Quick question, I live roughly 10 minutes from the site so travel distance is not a problem for me. What time ideally is the best to get in on Friday to avoid the largest crowds?

Sorry if this has been answered previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

ir555 wrote:
    Does one need id to match the original proof of purchase as per the info on EP website..

If previous years are anything to go by you should be ok, 10th year in campervan and never been checked.
    Just have the "ticket" already fixed to windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

has anyone gotten the buses Sunday night/monday morning at around 4am?

If its possible debating having my stuff packed and heading home after the music stops so I can wake up in my own bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I think EP is eclectic enough to host tribute bands, I'd certainly love to see Pearl Jem playing there!

Isn't there a festival that consists only of tribute bands? Tribfest?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭michaelp97

Hi I just purchased an early entry pass there, this is my first time going, just wondering where on site or what entrance I go to to show my booking reference etc to get the pass at the festival. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

any idea what is "This Ain’t No Disco with Donal Dineen" that is closing the B&S main stage on the Sunday?
    also is Robot Rock another daft punk tribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are people in Pink Moon able to avail of the early entry? Will Pink Moon be ready?

Couldn't people in there go and mess with all the tents that are up with nobody in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Seriously?

There will b e security there and you need a wristband to gain entry to PM.
    It's an extra cost on top of the early entry fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I must be completely blind. Where's Interpol, Father John Misty, Clark and Car Seat Headrest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Paleblood wrote: »
    I must be completely blind. Where's Interpol, Father John Misty, Clark and Car Seat Headrest?

Still plenty to go. All stage times should be known by Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Paleblood wrote: »

Electric Arena I'd predict. Acts and times haven't been announced for it yet.

Advertisement