Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Who? Where are they playing?

The Salty Dog no stars are covering the stones exile on main street this year.

They are called Harvest.. Been in touch via Facebook and they said "6pm on Friday night @ The Trailer Park stage".. Trailer Park time not out yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Are people in Pink Moon able to avail of the early entry? Will Pink Moon be ready?

Couldn't people in there go and mess with all the tents that are up with nobody in them?

You do realise it's impossible to get in to Pink Moon unless you have your wristband etc?
    There is very strict security at each gate and it's fenced the whole way around. It's not like the other normal campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Seriously?

There will b e security there and you need a wristband to gain entry to PM.
    It's an extra cost on top of the early entry fee.

Yeah seriously, there are hundreds of tents set up and not that much security walking around them, I know of tents being robbed last year in PM.

Simply asking as I wouldn't put it passed some people to mess about with a few empty tents given the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

eplady2017 wrote: »
    They are called Harvest.. Been in touch via Facebook and they said "6pm on Friday night @ The Trailer Park stage".. Trailer Park time not out yet..
    Ah perfect! That will fill the Friday spot vacated by These Charming Men nicely. Like a bit of Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Yeah seriously, there are hundreds of tents set up and not that much security walking around them, I know of tents being robbed last year in PM.

Simply asking as I wouldn't put it passed some people to mess about with a few empty tents given the chance

I think you're worrying about nothing really, and what are they going to steal from empty tents?

• Advertisement

Main stage on Sunday is pretty awesome. I'm delighted Pete tong is on late, that should be a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Electric Arena I'd predict. Acts and times haven't been announced for it yet.

Clark and Car Seat Headrest could be in the Cosby Tent or Little Big Tent, which still have to announce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

People have asked to list various genres
    Rap - m/c /// Trad /// Jazz /// Techno etc

How about listing the cover bands.
    There are so many new sounds to take in, that sometimes it's nice to be greeted with the familiar!

Roadhouse Doors (the doors)
    These Charming Men (the smiths)
    Harvest (neil young)
    Le Freak (chic, sister sledge, diana ross etc)
    RobotRock (bit of a stretch as they remix daft punk, basement jaxx, chems etc)
    Salty Dog no stars are doing exile on main street as their album this year (rolling stones).

Any others to add to the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    I think you're worrying about nothing really, and what are they going to steal from empty tents?

I'd worry more about deposits being left in the empty tents

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wyatting

No mention of the literary stage line up or time table yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You've to pay a fortune to get a Pink Moon tent, so imo the people staying there are very likely to have more respect for other peoples stuff

Plus the toilets in there are top class and spotless so why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Speaking of which, a tent near us last year got a nice surprise.
    The group of girls came back from the main arena on the Fri night and discovered a young fella passed out in their tent. He had also s*** himself.

They called security to drag him out and it was discovered that he had no wristband. He was promptly booted out of the festival, covered in s*** and nowhere to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    You've to pay a fortune to get a Pink Moon tent, so imo the people staying there are very likely to have more respect for other peoples stuff

Plus the toilets in there are top class and spotless so why bother?

Externals do get in, i've seen wall hoppers in PM in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Anyone know what time the festival site it'self is open from?
    I know main access camping is open from 9am on Friday, but I'm working a half day.

I think from previous years there is no access until around 2pm on the Friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

It seems silly season has well and truly begun for aimless and repeated questions this morning 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Sheog wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the festival site it'self is open from?
    I know main access camping is open from 9am on Friday, but I'm working a half day.

I think from previous years there is no access until around 2pm on the Friday??

It opens at noon I think

It opens at noon I think

Not on the Friday it doesnt. Nothing really starts in there until 5ish, I think they let people in at around 3 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Quick question, I live roughly 10 minutes from the site so travel distance is not a problem for me. What time ideally is the best to get in on Friday to avoid the largest crowds?

Sorry if this has been answered previously.
    I'd say before 11am is probably the quietest.
    never been there at gates opening so not sure if there is a crowd then, but it should be clear fairly quickly. by lunchtime it's pretty busy getting in, probably traffic queues and then bag check queues of 30mins each.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

People have asked to list various genres
    Rap - m/c /// Trad /// Jazz /// Techno etc

How about listing the cover bands.
    There are so many new sounds to take in, that sometimes it's nice to be greeted with the familiar!

Roadhouse Doors (the doors)
    These Charming Men (the smiths)
    Harvest (neil young)
    Le Freak (chic, sister sledge, diana ross etc)
    RobotRock (bit of a stretch as they remix daft punk, basement jaxx, chems etc)
    Salty Dog no stars are doing exile on main street as their album this year (rolling stones).

Any others to add to the list?

https://youtu.be/woWuY8kZc8A

Robot Rock Played EP last year according to their facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Peter File wrote: »
    They should not be at a music festival.

Interested to hear more views on this... personally am always surprised there are not more acts like this at festivals.

Would love to see a decent Beatles covers band @ EP sometime.

Fully agree. Why not These Charming Men if Pete Tong & Jenny Greene/RTE Orchestra are doing their own tribute acts. Would love to see TCM, all depends on clashes.

And the Bootleg Beatles have played Glasto twice since 2013, the first time in the Acoustic tent directly clashing with the Stones. They'd go down a storm at EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Peter File wrote: »
    They should not be at a music festival.

Interested to hear more views on this... personally am always surprised there are not more acts like this at festivals.

Would love to see a decent Beatles covers band @ EP sometime.

Still loads more stage times to be released but Friday already looking like a near write-off for me in terms of music.

So a nice surprise to see that a Neil Young tribute act will start my Picnic off in a warm cuddly way. Trailer Park at 6 with a cold beer. Thanks to EPLady for getting the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

I'd say before 11am is probably the quietest.
    never been there at gates opening so not sure if there is a crowd then, but it should be clear fairly quickly. by lunchtime it's pretty busy getting in, probably traffic queues and then bag check queues of 30mins each.

Id go as early as possible if, like me, people hate waiting in a queue for more than a few minutes. I'm leaving home a 6am ish Friday, quick stop at Obama's shop for coffee and get there before 8.30 even with traffic. Load the cart, close the boot, and give herself the keys as she's driving home Monday. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Job done.

The job is only beginning my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Is that Interpol stage time confirmed? Wouldn't like to see them clashing with PSB.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Not on the Friday it doesnt. Nothing really starts in there until 5ish, I think they let people in at around 3 last year.

main arena is 2 this year, 12 O' clock for everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

eplady2017 wrote: »

That should be quite cool

Poorside wrote: »
    main arena is 2 this year, 12 O' clock for everything else

It was 2 last year as well, doesn't mean it actually opened at 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Paleblood wrote: »
    I have no problem with them playing. They're a good band and if you've ever seen them live you'll know that the lead singer takes the piss out of the fact that they're a cover band. They're a bit of throwback fun. People need to lighten up and stop being so precious about a festival. There's far worse ideas being implemented at EP each year.

This

declanleo wrote: »
    This

yup, they were a great start to the weekend last year.
    I certainly wouldn't have them on any of the main stages, but they are well worth a slot in one of the quirkier places.

• Advertisement

Not liking how the weather forecast is going at the minute, the charts are showing a huge 20mm downpour over Saturday night into Sunday morning. Friday looks great and Saturday itself is okay up until about 6pm when the rain starts, kicking off big time at around midnight. Sunday should clear up a little bit, but lots of showers.

That's a fairly fecking miserable amount of rain forecast, hopefully it can shift just a little bit better in our favour, maybe the rain moves a bit later to like 4am or something when most people are asleep, and a wee bit further south so that it's a bit lighter too.

Advertisement