Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

has anyone gotten the buses Sunday night/monday morning at around 4am?

If its possible debating having my stuff packed and heading home after the music stops so I can wake up in my own bed.

Yep, I always do it. Highly recommend it. Sleep on the bus for an hour and waking up in your own bed on Monday morning is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I love how everyone becomes a weather expert on EP week! :D

(and procrastination experts) :cool:
    it's nothing compared to efestivals and their pre-Glastonbury weather threads that run to a few hundred pages!
    I've learned more about weather and climate from browsing them in June for the last couple of years than in 12 years of school!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Who? Where are they playing?

The Salty Dog no stars are covering the stones exile on main street this year.
    eplady2017 wrote: »
    They are called Harvest.. Been in touch via Facebook and they said "6pm on Friday night @ The Trailer Park stage".. Trailer Park time not out yet..

I know they are a Neil Young Tribute band but they doing Exile on Main Street or Neil Young this EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

ab4248 wrote: »
    I know they are a Neil Young Tribute band but they doing Exile on Main Street or Neil Young this EP?

They're 2 separate things.

Harvest are on the Trailer park stage doing Neil Young covers.

The salty dog no stars are a music collaboration and play a classic album each year on the salty dog stage.
    This year they're covering exile on main street by the rolling stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wyatting

Generally my highlight is some legendary figure trying to flog their book at the picnic.....eg viv Albertine.....Julian cope.....John healy. ....Tim burgess. .....why has nobody like that been announced yet..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

looking forward to London Grammar. late enough that it will be dark on the main stage, and the Jenny Greene thing at the same time taking some of the crowd away.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

So I know ice can be bought from the shop in the general camping (in Hendrix maybe?) but is ice available (either to buy or even for free!) in Pink Moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I remember a boards user made a lightweight app that had all of the stag times last year, it would send a notification a little bit before your selections were playing to your phone.

Anyone remember this? It was much much better than the official app

I have no idea what times the hens and stags are starting ... probably best to avoid them though.

... on the timetable app... There is good news and bad news...

Good News: Android app is done and ready to roll .. it will be in the play store tomorrow evening.

Bad News: There will not be an iPhone version this year. I have tried to rebuild the one from 2015, but there are hundreds of errors due to changes in Swift language. There is no way I will get time to fix all those errors and get it through the Apple review process in time for the weekend ... Sorry about that .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I have no idea what times the hens and stags are starting ... probably best to avoid them though.

Good News: Android app is done and ready to roll .. it will be in the play store tomorrow evening.

Bad News: There will not be an iPhone version this year. I have tried to rebuild the one from 2015, but there are hundreds of errors due to changes in Swift language. There is no way I will get time to fix all those errors and get it through the Apple review process in time for the weekend ... Sorry about that .

I demand a refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

So I know ice can be bought from the shop in the general camping (in Hendrix maybe?) but is ice available (either to buy or even for free!) in Pink Moon?

I've never been able to get it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭michaelp97

Hi I just purchased an early entry pass this morning, this is my first time going, just wondering where on site or what entrance I go to to show my booking reference etc to get the pass at the festival. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Whats the story with 'special guests' abd surprise appearances.

Are they genuine or are they announced on site somwhere?

Couldnt be arsed last year trekking around and missed Hozier do the Bowie thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

thebusher wrote: »
    Whats the story with 'special guests' abd surprise appearances.

Are they genuine or are they announced on site somwhere?

Couldnt be arsed last year trekking around and missed Hozier do the Bowie thing.

The OV ones were announced on the app about 30 mins before hand, I remember one of the lads getting it for Nathenial Ratecliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

whats with all the "looks like good news for ep forecast" ****e on joe.ie and that on facebook. Forecast actually appears to be rain from about 6pm saturday night on for the weekend which is pretty bad as only sunday night was real bad for few hours last year, puts a dampener on things......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

michaelp97 wrote: »
    Hi I just purchased an early entry pass this morning, this is my first time going, just wondering where on site or what entrance I go to to show my booking reference etc to get the pass at the festival. Thanks

You bought a ticket for the thursday yeah? You just enter through any of the entrances at EP after 4pm on thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭michaelp97

Wing126 wrote:
    You bought a ticket for the thursday yeah? You just enter through any of the entrances at EP after 4pm on thursday.

Hi thanks, I bought the pass online but I've no physical ticket, said to pick up at box office so just wondering where on site that is? Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eightiesbaby82

gazzer wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend any good insoles that I could put in my runners to make the 20 mile walking around EP every day a bit more comfortable :):) I was planning to wear the boots I wore to the last EP but can only find one of the pair. Havnt a notion where the other one is. Thanks

I got a pair of scholl insoles from boots they have a gel cushion, they're very comfy 😊 Boots do there own brand not sure what they're like though. Scholl insoles where €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

showpony1 wrote: »
    whats with all the "looks like good news for ep forecast" ****e on joe.ie and that on facebook

See, there's your first problem right there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

From what I have seen, the weather will be decided by how much of that big, bastard block of rain makes it across the country. Hopefully the wesht breaks it up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Just to show how variable and low-confidence current forecasts are for next weekend, the earlier GFS run at 7am showed that heavy band of rain Saturday night due to low pressure interaction. The GFS 12z (aka 6 hours later at 1pm) shows the high pressure staying over Ireland and no rain at all all weekend.

The GFS runs every 6 hours, next one should start at 7pm I believe (and it takes a long time for the computer simulations to complete), and every day we get closer to the festival, the confidence level should go up and each run will become more similar to the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

MJohnston wrote: »
    Just to show how variable and low-confidence current forecasts are for next weekend, the earlier GFS run at 7am showed that heavy band of rain Saturday night due to low pressure interaction. The GFS 12z (aka 6 hours later at 1pm) shows the high pressure staying over Ireland and no rain at all all weekend.

The GFS runs every 6 hours, next one should start at 7pm I believe (and it takes a long time for the computer simulations to complete), and every day we get closer to the festival, the confidence level should go up and each run will become more similar to the last.

Cheers for the updates man. Keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

D.Q wrote: »
    From what I have seen, the weather will be decided by how much of that big, bastard block of rain makes it across the country. Hopefully the wesht breaks it up a bit.
    That's one of the functions of the wesht - absorbing/breaking up large dollops of rain!
    ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

The Met Service have a really good 5-day forecast. http://met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

As of now, it only goes up to 12pm Saturday, but there's a big bastard of a weather system moving in from the west.

If this doesn't change, it's going to dump a lot of rain Saturday evening/night.

426395.PNG

lalala.png?1493328802

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

What's the latest on the aul cans, who's selling what? Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

What's the latest on the aul cans, who's selling what? Cheers

Best I've been able to find for Heineken is €36 for 24 cans in Tesco.

Saw that they have 24 x Canadian for €26 if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Can anyone confirm how recently the campervan tickets were physically made available/posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah weather apps really volatile at the moment!!

YR had rain free on Sunday to 5mm of rain falling within 6 hours on Sunday, to back to no rain at the moment!

Fingers crossed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mr. price are selling breaking bad themed can insulators €2, Saves having a glove on those cold nights.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Mr. price are selling breaking bad themed can insulators €2, Saves having a glove on those cold nights.:D:D
    Do they keep my warm Sunday morning cans warm too?

Advertisement