Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

He played 3 or 4 years ago and was savage!

Must have comatosed when he was playing, as I would have loved to have seen him play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

showpony1 wrote: »
    Flume i think was the best overall that year for me!

TuneYards / Young Fathers in B&S were the best two back-to-back acts I have ever seen at any festival ever. Best festival night of my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TuneYards / Young Fathers in B&S were the best two back-to-back acts I have ever seen at any festival ever. Best festival night of my life!

Total agreement.

Absolutely f*cking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

the xx is a no for me

doesnt translate to festivals much rather see them indoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

My EP2017 tickets arrived this morning :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

the xx is a no for me

doesnt translate to festivals much rather see them indoors

Like ghostdancer, I saw them play a fantastic set on the main stage at EP a couple of years back (at 9pm as I recall so not far off headlining and they've only become a bigger name since then...)

I can totally see them not being everyone's favourite choice however they are well capable of putting on a high quality festival performance - along with Portishead one of the main stage acts I've enjoyed the most @ EP in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    My EP2017 tickets arrived this morning :pac:

323 sleeps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

323 sleeps

I give out when people count down the number of sleeps till Crimbo but it is always acceptable to wish our lives away for the weekend of the year :cool:

Snarky Snark Snark

Crim****ingbo, yeuch, that ****ing word makes my fur crawl

There are now 72 days till christmas too, so yeah, there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Pink Moon general sale for 2017 now available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Todd Terje wrote: »
    Pink Moon general sale for 2017 now available.

Saved €60 on the 6 man tent. Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Booked a regular 4-man myself.
    Was in a 4-man Bell Tent this year so will be interesting to see how it compares.
    The regular 4-man is €140 cheaper than the Bell Tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

anyone have any experience of the regular 2 man tents with Pink Moon?

Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »

yes, some of us have experience of the regular 2 man tents.

What exactly are the specifics that you want to know about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

yes, some of us have experience of the regular 2 man tents.

What exactly are the specifics that you want to know about them?

Nothing too specific. Not looking for dimensions or anything, just a general idea of how the experience was. Enough space for one person? did it hold up in the weather? Are they good quality? ya know, general tent-stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nothing too specific. Not looking for dimensions or anything, just a general idea of how the experience was. Enough space for one person? did it hold up in the weather? Are they good quality? ya know, general tent-stuff.

Well considering it's a 2 man tent I would bloody hope so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

plenty of room for 2 in them and good quality.
    little porch in the front to leave stuff before going into the main sleeping area.

Snarky Snark Snark

1 - held up just fine in the pissing rain that we had this year
    2 - more than enough room for a single person.
    For a pair of girls or a couple then grand as likely sharing stuff, might be a bit cramped for two big blokes with their own stuff
    3 - Not gonna say the experience is mind blowing cos after all, it's still sleeping in a tent but if you've a decent inflatable mat and bag then it's more than adequate.

Usual tent rules apply, i.e. don't leave stuff pressed against side cos wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Unbelievable Tekkers

Hi all,

I think Depeche Mode &/or Stone Roses will be at Electric Picnic next summer...! Do ye think Jake Bugg or Counting Crows will grace EP??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Agree with most of the earlier posters.

Was in Pink Moon this year - gang of 6 lads in tipi, myself and better half in two man tent.

Lads upgrading to podpads for next year while we stick with the tent.

If the lads were sticking with tents, they had decided on going for 3 2-man tents having seen our set-up.

It is just an ordinary tent but it's not the tinchy thing I was worrying we might get when booking the cheapest option in the campsite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Has anyone done boutique camping with Silk Road tents? Is there any car park on Timahoe road to save you walking across the site or what is the best way to access it? Is there a bar in boutique camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can anyone say Electric Picnic backwards, for a laugh the festival should be rechristened that name. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Can anyone say Electric Picnic backwards, for a laugh the festival should be rechristened that name. :D

What ever you are on, might be an idea to cut back a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Every year same thing, thread flooded with questions about posh camping. Seriously needs it's own thread for questions relating to pink moon.

Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Every year same thing, thread flooded with questions about posh camping. Seriously needs it's own thread for questions relating to pink moon.

Would suggest that a stickie thread for the posh camping to cover all festivals would probably be a good idea, it would help clear out some of the cruft from all the festival threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Cincip cirtcele ???

So do you reckon that EP will revert back to the post 2014 style of announcing a few acts drip feeded on November or December to get us excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Possibly i'd say.

The 3rd cash installment is processed on December 1st so if they're putting the full priced tickets on sale for Christmas they might release a few names to drive sales like they did a couple of years back.

I want it to be May again and so I can enjoy the warmer weather and look forward to festivals again.
    Does anyone have a time machine so I can achieve this aim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I want it to be May again and so I can enjoy the warmer weather and look forward to festivals again.
    Does anyone have a time machine so I can achieve this aim.

Time travel into the future is easy, so long as you don't need a job.

Advertisement