Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

saneman wrote:
    Can anyone confirm how recently the campervan tickets were physically made available/posted out?

Last Monday me and a mate got ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

FOOD ....
    Hope to be in Charlie or Joplin ...all 40 +
    Can you BBQ at your tent for brekkie ?
    Does everyone eat out of a vendor van for the weekend ?
    Can you self sustain ?
    Also Prossecco.... what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

moonshadow wrote: »
    Can you BBQ at your tent for brekkie ? ]?

You can't do it at your tent, but there are areas in each camp site set up for BBQ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

saneman wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm how recently the campervan tickets were physically made available/posted out?

Mine arrived last week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

showpony1 wrote: »
    whats with all the "looks like good news for ep forecast" ****e on joe.ie and that on facebook. Forecast actually appears to be rain from about 6pm saturday night on for the weekend which is pretty bad as only sunday night was real bad for few hours last year, puts a dampener on things......

It absolutely lashed down on Saturday last year! I had to have a complete outfit change after Noel G I was drenched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

everlast75 wrote: »

I have one and it's excellent for getting your stuff from the car to the campsite....don't buy that one though...it's well overpriced I think...mine cost half that from Amazon. Yes it's too late to order online but look around elsewhere and you will do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

gebbel wrote: »
    I have one and it's excellent for getting your stuff from the car to the campsite....don't buy that one though...it's well overpriced I think...mine cost half that from Amazon. Yes it's too late to order online but look around elsewhere and you will do better.

Does it fit in the pink moon tent?

50 sterling now on Amazon so you got a great deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thebusher wrote: »
    Whats the story with 'special guests' abd surprise appearances.

Are they genuine or are they announced on site somwhere?

Couldnt be arsed last year trekking around and missed Hozier do the Bowie thing.
    someone said the other day that The Strypes were announced for Other Voices, and then taken off, so they're probably the special guests on Saturday night as they're down playing the main stage that afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Can't....stop....checking....the....weather!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

someone said the other day that The Strypes were announced for Other Voices, and then taken off, so they're probably the special guests on Saturday night as they're down playing the main stage that afternoon.

Jerry Fish Tent I think

• Subscribers Posts: 41,623 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What areas are yet to announce times? I haven't seen band of horses named yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Can't....stop....checking....the....weather!!

Probably best not to overthink it....it's too early to say for sure what's going to happen. I'd be more concerned if it pissed in the days leading up to it, as that would mean mud everywhere when we arrive. And that's really unlikely to happen. Right now Friday and Saturday don't look bad at all, it's the Sunday that is uncertain but it's too far out there to be worrying about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I have no idea what times the hens and stags are starting ... probably best to avoid them though.

... on the timetable app... There is good news and bad news...

Good News: Android app is done and ready to roll .. it will be in the play store tomorrow evening.

Bad News: There will not be an iPhone version this year. I have tried to rebuild the one from 2015, but there are hundreds of errors due to changes in Swift language. There is no way I will get time to fix all those errors and get it through the Apple review process in time for the weekend ... Sorry about that .

Unacceptable! Death to the Pablo!!

..and Roy!!

..and the Apple review process probably! :pac:

Sorry to hear this, by every account I've heard your EP app rocks! Let us know when it hits the Androids & I'll be telling anyone I know not using iPhones to check it out. Thanks again Pablo!

sydthebeat wrote: »

Electric Arena
    Cosby Tent
    ^^Band of Horses will probably be in one of these^^

plus:
    Little Big Tent
    Trailer Park
    Salty Dog
    Anachronica
    Red Bull Soundome
    Trenchtown
    Hazelwood
    Transmission
    Global Green
    Electric Ireland
    Comedy
    various Mindfield tents
    ....and probably a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How are the stage times for people so far? No major clashes for me so far, biggest worry I have is that Bicep or Soulwax will clash with the XX or Duran Duran. Who do we reckon will headline the EA? Interpol, Father John Misty and another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

moonshadow wrote: »
    FOOD ....
    Hope to be in Charlie or Joplin ...all 40 +
    Can you BBQ at your tent for brekkie ?
    Does everyone eat out of a vendor van for the weekend ?
    Can you self sustain ?
    Also Prossecco.... what to do?

Check the ep site but you can bbq but with limitations, much as I love to cook there's no way I'm hauling all the required stuff, great food on-site anyway, Prosecco in a plastic bottles, no issue there, if you put drinks under your tent it really helps cool them a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

everlast75 wrote: »

I have used the master truck from woodies for the last 8or 9 years. It has a part that folds down that allows you to carry more than the Stanley truck

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

YR has been updated again this evening and still no rain forecast.

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally_Hall/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

sydthebeat wrote: »

Electric Arena,Cosby,little big tent are the main ones left, I'm betting they'll be in cosby on Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

gebbel wrote: »
    Probably best not to overthink it.....

Oh if only it were that simple!

I was the same before Slane, tormenting myself with climatology.

How are the stage times for people so far? No major clashes for me so far, biggest worry I have is that Bicep or Soulwax will clash with the XX or Duran Duran. Who do we reckon will headline the EA? Interpol, Father John Misty and another?
    I think Annie Mac will be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

No sign of Mr Jukes! Any predictions for that, they've made my must see list, (thanks to you lot!) Big bombay fan and enjoy my funky soul in muy old age, so I'm loving his new project...in other news...., the this charming men clash with rtj is really annoying me! Best start to the festival I've had in six years of going last year, few cans at the salty around teatime and a bit of an aul flail, the teenagers were bemused!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

So far so good.. my Saturday evening is going to be jammers. Will have to choose floating points over attention bebe as much as I love them! Just gotta wait for the rest of the times now for more clashing to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Very good so far for me, I reckon it'll be clash finder carnage tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Okay so I bought three tickets, one was for my brother who came home from Canada for EP. I gave him his ticket today and guess what he fecking did? Put it in his pocket in swimming togs and jumped into the sea with it at 7pm. Ticket is long gone now, anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

For those worried about it maybe possibly raining sometime in not too near or not to distant future, I offer you the wise words of my grandmother...

"There is no such thing as bad weather in Ireland, there is only inappropriate clothing."

It's not going to be bad enough to kill you. Grow a pair and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Lzmunky wrote: »
    For those worried about it maybe possibly raining sometime in not too near or not to distant future, I offer you the wise words of my grandmother...

"There is no such thing as bad weather in Ireland, there is only inappropriate clothing."

It's not going to be bad enough to kill you. Grow a pair and get on with it.

Yeah, but when you're going with a toddler, and could just as easily stay at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

adam240610 wrote: »
    Okay so I bought three tickets, one was for my brother who came home from Canada for EP. I gave him his ticket today and guess what he fecking did? Put it in his pocket in swimming togs and jumped into the sea with it at 7pm. Ticket is long gone now, anyone have any advice?

As Run The Jewels would say; Call Tickettronmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/lost_stolen.html

If you bought them from an agent or an unofficial source, you're in trouble.

Advertisement