Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm sorry...but what?? Who puts a ****ing ticket in a pair of swiming togs!! :)

My dope of a brother evidently...

Got a replacement sorted, have it in the mail by tomorrow thank god. The guy on the phone had a little chuckle at my story. Was surprisingly easy and only a 6 euro fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone else find the Friday lineup a bit Meh?

I'd earmarked about 25 acts & only one (Young Fathers) down for first day. Still, gives me time to check out bands I'm not impressed by (The XX, London Grammar, etc) and hoped to be proved wrong. I'll more likely be propping up the bar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

adam240610 wrote: »

Got a replacement sorted, have it in the mail by tomorrow thank god. The guy on the phone had a little chuckle at my story. Was surprisingly easy and only a 6 euro fee.

I'd charge him quadruple that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Have salty dog times been announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone else find the Friday lineup a bit Meh?

I'd earmarked about 25 acts & only one (Young Fathers) down for first day. Still, gives me time to check out bands I'm not impressed by (The XX, London Grammar, etc) and hoped to be proved wrong. I'll more likely be propping up the bar though.

Exact same for me, Young Fathers and Divine Comedy are the only ones I had to see and of course they clash. I'll let the bar prop me up instead. Saturday I dont think Ill have a spare minute and Sunday is just a clusterf*** of clashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

So can anyone get a ticket replacement then?

I'm looking to buy a ticket for a friend and I'm a bit nervous about buying from someone with a replacement or fake ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Friday is very light for me. Nothing I really wanna see, so plenty of wandering around to be done.
    Saturday sees the clash of Pete Tong / Interpol / PSB
    Sunday sees the clash of Chaka Khan / Parquet Courts / Band of Horses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Madness are playing the Saturday though not the Sunday

that's much better,thanks for sorting it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Where are Band of Horses, Daithi and Birdy? I can't even find Daithi listed anymore, was he ever performing or did I dream the whole thing?

I spent months convinced franz ferdinand and edward sharpe were playing. I was telling people how great they were and everything. Only realised a few weeks ago that they aren't even listed. I obviously dreamt it. I'm still upset about it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Great work as always sir!
    For free too- I'd gladly send a few shillings your way for the effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Where's the Logic stage? Daithí is playing it Sunday although it's early ish at 9pm. Used of seeing him in some small stage at 1 or 2am after the main stages are finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Bicep friday night is my only must see.

So can anyone get a ticket replacement then?

I'm looking to buy a ticket for a friend and I'm a bit nervous about buying from someone with a replacement or fake ticket.

Yeah seems a little dodgy tbh, the barcodes are different on the new one as well so first ticket is void

room_149 wrote: »

just downloaded it,on a conference call for work so that killed a few mins, excellent app, I'll be getting rid of the official one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Not sure how it's done in Clashfinder so can someone move the Cosby Stage up to a more prominent position in the list of Stages?
    It should be under the Electric Arena.

Not sure how it's done in Clashfinder so can someone move the Cosby Stage up to a more prominent position in the list of Stages?
    It should be under the Electric Arena.

done

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Quite happy with Friday currently:
    Kick off with Booka Brass band at 4pm.
    Hudson Taylor,
    London Grammar
    The XX.

Saturday afternoon is relatively light, then:
    OtherKin
    Riptide Movement
    Madness
    Jagwar ma/ Birdy
    Mr. Jukes
    Phoenix
    Annie Mac
    Pete Tong
    There are some clashes but not my must sees so I'll be grand. Might even find time to eat.

Sunday is a nightmare of clashes, I will be flipping between the Main stage and EA all day:
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Kila
    KKC
    Rag'n'Bone Man / Bears Den - bah
    Pretenders / Michael Kiwanuka
    Chaka Khan / Band of Horses
    Elbow / Fr. John Misty - disaster
    Duran Duran / Soulwax / Kiasmos / Pond

and that's not counting the other acts I would like to get to see but know I won't get near them.
    Its still shaping up to be an awesome weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

room_149 wrote: »

You are most welcome.

The only problem is that 90% of my itinerary is bloody clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Just seen the deadline for ordering cans has passed. Can you just buy them down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Pink Moon have just put up their information pack online.. http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=b7bee5bea5bd8336c58fab3d4&id=92803fddb9

Seems what we expected regarding parking is what's gonna happen.. Early entry is to the green car park...

"Early Entry customers will be directed to park in the Green Car Parks, off the N80 and will enter via Gate 7 (Paintball Gate). Car parks will be open from 3.30pm on Thursday 31st August for Early Entry customers."

How big is the green car park?? Any chance it could be full by 11/12 on Friday morning???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

eplady2017 wrote: »

How big is the green car park?? Any chance it could be full by 11/12 on Friday morning???

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

all the Sunday cars go into the Green carpark I think, so would they even open it for Friday arrivals?

I think I left booking a bus home a bit late, the only times available are 8am on monday morning to dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Based on 2015 and 2016, everyone should have this app loaded before setting off. It is absolutely brilliant.

Well done again Pablo.

Meet me at the 2fm gig and I'll buy you a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I think I left booking a bus home a bit late, the only times available are 8am on monday morning to dublin...

In my experience, the times have never mattered. I booked my bus to leave Dublin @ 8am, went out the night before, rocked up about 10am instead and was no issues whatsoever.

Same for any big gigs eg Slane etc.

The time you book doesnt necessarily have to be the one you get on.

kg703 wrote: »
    In my experience, the times have never mattered. I booked my bus to leave Dublin @ 8am, went out the night before, rocked up about 10am instead and was no issues whatsoever.

Same for any big gigs eg Slane etc.

The time you book doesnt necessarily have to be the one you get on.

Just a bit worried if we do book earlier bus tickets and we're turned away the two of us would have no way to get back to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Based on 2015 and 2016, everyone should have this app loaded before setting off. It is absolutely brilliant.

Well done again Pablo.

Meet me at the 2fm gig and I'll buy you a beer.

You are very welcome. You know damn well that I won't be at the 2fvckingmuch gig. London grammar ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Met Eireann giving us a dry three days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

No more weather talk until at least Thursday evening. You all keep throwing out conflicting reports and you're screwing with my emotions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Any way to get Pablos app on iphone?

Advertisement