Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

adam240610 wrote: »
    I think I left booking a bus home a bit late, the only times available are 8am on monday morning to dublin...

Definitely nothing to worry about, 100% doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eddiegisto

optogirl wrote: »
    I can't believe it's only Tuesday...

I know.. it's going to be the longest week ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

adam240610 wrote: »
    Just a bit worried if we do book earlier bus tickets and we're turned away the two of us would have no way to get back to dublin

Who are you booking with? Marathon coaches dont ask for a certain time on the way back if I recall. Either way nobody is going to leave you stranded in Stradbally. I didnt follow any of the times for any gigs hahaha, never an issue.

On the way in and back its a case of getting onto 'the next bus available'

Do you think anyone makes their arranged bus on a Monday? :pac:

Honestly I wouldnt worry - sure last year they werent even checking us getting on the bus, they were just letting anyone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Any way to get Pablos app on iphone?

Am afraid not. But the mobile version of clashfinder works pretty well even offline. No reminders, so stay sober.

https://clashfinder.com/m/ep2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Any way to get Pablos app on iphone?
    Unfortunately not. Not enough time to fix it and get it through the review process. You're just going to have to buy a decent phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

That FJM Car Seat Headrest clash is a killer. 2 top 5 acts there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

kg703 wrote: »
    Who are you booking with? Marathon coaches dont ask for a certain time on the way back if I recall. Either way nobody is going to leave you stranded in Stradbally. I didnt follow any of the times for any gigs hahaha, never an issue.

On the way in and back its a case of getting onto 'the next bus available'

Do you think anyone makes their arranged bus on a Monday? :pac:

Honestly I wouldnt worry - sure last year they werent even checking us getting on the bus, they were just letting anyone on.

Booked two tickets anyways. won't make that one but be grand.
    Was 23 left now there's 17 left, selling quite quickly by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Is there a restriction on the size of bag you can bring? I got a huge 100L bag that fits everything I want. Just want to make sure they won't take it off me

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bazmataz85

Hi Guys, I am driving from the south east but do not want to end up in the green car park like I do every year and face the dreaded walk from there to Charlie Chaplin, any suggestions on a route that will lead me to the Red car park? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Is there a restriction on the size of bag you can bring? I got a huge 100L bag that fits everything I want. Just want to make sure they won't take it off me

bag restrictions are just for the main arena though i'd expect they'll have a good root around in something that size at security on the way in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Friday night looks very light after 12am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Saturday night looks great. Mura masa, ATCQ and Interpol/Pete Tong all one after the other. Friday and Sunday don't interest me as much but I'm sure I'll have good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

The xx/Bicep and Duran Duran/Kiasmos clashes are a real kick in the stones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Synode wrote: »

time for exploring with a bag of cans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Bazmataz85 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I am driving from the south east but do not want to end up in the green car park like I do every year and face the dreaded walk from there to Charlie Chaplin, any suggestions on a route that will lead me to the Red car park? Cheers
    You have the exact opposite problem to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone else find the Friday lineup a bit Meh?

I'd earmarked about 25 acts & only one (Young Fathers) down for first day. Still, gives me time to check out bands I'm not impressed by (The XX, London Grammar, etc) and hoped to be proved wrong. I'll more likely be propping up the bar though.

Chin up, Seathrun. Booka Brass at 4, Harvest at 6, Talos 6.40, half an hour of Neil Hannon on Main Stage before being blown away by Young Fathers, wind down after that with a bit of Soulé in Other Voices or alternatively Jerry Fish's party with RSAG, Bantum etc. You're on your own after that. I'm pretty happy with Friday.

Saturday's not working out badly at all for me. Touts, Paul Kelly, Declan McKenna, Everything Everything, These Charming Men, Mr. Jukes/ Interference, Frank and Walters, Perfume Genius, Public Service Broadcasting. Looks doable.

Sunday's a clash fest but should still manage Aaron Lee Tasjan, Margaret Glaspy,Lemon Twigs, Real Estate, Band of Horses and Car Seat Headrest.

Overall, I'm pretty fecking happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Chin up, Seathrun. Booka Brass at 4, Harvest at 6, Talos 6.40, half an hour of Neil Hannon on Main Stage before being blown away by Young Fathers, wind down after that with a bit of Soulé in Other Voices or alternatively Jerry Fish's party with RSAG, Bantum etc. You're on your own after that. I'm pretty happy with Friday.

New Valley Wolves and Clockwork both playing at the same time on different Body and Soul stages is a good way to start Friday. Klark Cant's sci-fi style techno (?) is quite enjoyable too for afterwards. Then on to Young Fathers. TBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

has anyone paid the €65 for the VIP area? any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Saturday's not working out badly at all for me. Touts, Paul Kelly, Declan McKenna, Everything Everything, These Charming Men, Mr. Jukes/ Interference, Frank and Walters, Perfume Genius, Public Service Broadcasting. Looks doable.

I've ditched the Franks for Japandroids.

Delighted Japandroids are in a tent at that time. Should blow it apart. I had fears they would be a 2pm slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Cheers for the app Pablo.

Will it send reminders or did I rwad that it wont?

Goggled eyed here between this page and clashfinder!

Personalised itineraries brought to you by Stillill42.

thebusher wrote: »
    Cheers for the app Pablo.

Will it send reminders or did I rwad that it wont?

Goggled eyed here between this page and clashfinder!

Android app sends reminders 30 minutes before gig time.

Personalised itineraries brought to you by Stillill42.

We should get together, Pablo. You'd make a fecking fortune in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

roll wrote: »
    has anyone paid the €65 for the VIP area? any use?

Def not worth €65. We got it as part of our Podpads booking last year and went over for a nosy.
    Just a bar and good toilets and few "celebs" floating around, that's about it. Not worth the money if you are thinking of paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Synode wrote: »

Yeah I agree. Raging the xx are clashing with bicep as London grammar > the XX > bicep would have been an unbelievable run. Wish the EA went on later on the Friday. Hopefully something good going on in the trailer park to keep me ticking over until New Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Thanks for the app Pablo, it's fantastic.

Does anyone know if the Mind Field stages will be added to clashfinder? Few I want to see in there and add to my app. I'm scared to sign up and update clashfinder myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Possibly a dumb question with a very obvious answer, but I'm seeing a can limit of 48, but no mention of spirits. Would bringing a litre and 1 slab of cans in be grand, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Knex. wrote: »
    Possibly a dumb question with a very obvious answer, but I'm seeing a can limit of 48, but no mention of spirits. Would bringing a litre and 1 slab of cans in be grand, yeah?

Lightweight. Seriously though, that's no hassle.

Advertisement