Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

This in the Cosby Tent on Sunday will be amazing -  Goat Girl, Lemon Twigs, Real Estate, Parquet Courts, Car Seat Headrest, Pond.
    And due to the match and clashes, I wont see any of them blaahh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the app Pablo, it's fantastic.

Does anyone know if the Mind Field stages will be added to clashfinder? Few I want to see in there and add to my app. I'm scared to sign up and update clashfinder myself :pac:

I've popped one on, I'll do a few more later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Poorside wrote: »
    I've popped one on, I'll do a few more later

Fair fecks to you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

andreac wrote: »
    Def not worth €65. We got it as part of our Podpads booking last year and went over for a nosy.
    Just a bar and good toilets and few "celebs" floating around, that's about it. Not worth the money if you are thinking of paying for it.

Handy for sheltering from the rain. Not worth paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Two (related) questions...

1) Is the Global Green Village Hall a new thing? Don't remember hearing of it before...

2) Anyone seen Robot Rock do their thing before? Wondering should I check them out during what is likely to be an extended wander around the place in a state of complete clearheadedness and sobriety honest after midnight on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Lads, does anyone think it's a bit strange that the likes of Elbow/ London Grammar/ Phoenix/ Madness are only scheduled to play for 60mins?? And some bands like Otherkin/ Talos/ Everything Everything are only scheduled for 45mins?

I've been to may many Picnics, why have I not noticed this?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

does the comedy tent usually make it up on the clashfinder? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Tomorrow we should get comedy, salty dog and trailer park times (going on what happened last year)..
    Should be on clashfinders at some stage tomorrow. I do recall last year it was early Fri before some of the smaller stages made it onto it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Gonna bus it to EP for the first time I usually drive but getting the bus home @ 4 am sunday and being home monday morn is appealing to me.

Staying in pink moon, would anyone be able to advise best plan of action upon landing. Can I rock up to Pink moon and deposit my stuff then go collect my arena wristband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Gonna bus it to EP for the first time I usually drive but getting the bus home @ 4 am sunday and being home monday morn is appealing to me.

Staying in pink moon, would anyone be able to advise best plan of action upon landing. Can I rock up to Pink moon and deposit my stuff then go collect my arena wristband?

You have to get the Arena wristband first before you can get to Pink Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Hi folks, long time lurker of many EP threads, first time poster.

Reading a few pages back that Early Entry Pass holders will be directed to the Green Car Parks, is this correct?

We grabbed one because we travel from Co Antrim every year, and this saves a 6am start on the Friday. We're booked into the Eco Site again this year, which makes the trek from the Green Car Parks a bit of a handling. I've never entered through the Paintball Entrance before, what's the route across the site to Wilde/Salty Dog/Eco or the other sites? Do you have to bring your own paintballs and weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sheog wrote: »
    Lads, does anyone think it's a bit strange that the likes of Elbow/ London Grammar/ Phoenix/ Madness are only scheduled to play for 60mins?? And some bands like Otherkin/ Talos/ Everything Everything are only scheduled for 45mins?

looking at previous years it's pretty standard, the odd sub-headliner gets 75mins, but usually just an hour.

45mins for most acts in the tents during the day, odd one gets an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sheog wrote: »

The real headscratcher is the blink-and-you-miss-them schedule for the comedy tent. It's as if there's a conspiracy between the stand-up scene to get as many comedians into the festival for a mere 15 minutes of routine. Surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

most things make it on, but that certainly does.

Looking at the Theatre of food, The Fringe tent could be worth a stumble out of on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

There was a chart going around last few years.. listed each area and walking time between each area.. does anyone remember and/or still have a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

rubick wrote: »
    Hi folks, long time lurker of many EP threads, first time poster.

Reading a few pages back that Early Entry Pass holders will be directed to the Green Car Parks, is this correct?

We grabbed one because we travel from Co Antrim every year, and this saves a 6am start on the Friday. We're booked into the Eco Site again this year, which makes the trek from the Green Car Parks a bit of a handling. I've never entered through the Paintball Entrance before, what's the route across the site to Wilde/Salty Dog/Eco or the other sites? Do you have to bring your own paintballs and weapons?

I would imagine the Red car park will be open too, trying to direct you there is another story.....

As for the weapons question, only the most realistic looking machine guns and machetes get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Cheers for that, hoping we don't have to bother with that and head into the Red Car Parks as usual.
    I think I have a pirate sword lying about the house so I'll pack that.
    Yarr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

eplady2017 wrote: »
    There was a chart going around last few years.. listed each area and walking time between each area.. does anyone remember and/or still have a copy.

this one? https://twitter.com/epcountdown?lang=de

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Cheers pablo

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭deeks

So - here's one to throw the cat amoung the pigeons for all you Pink Mooners trying to park in the Green Car Park. I sent an e-mail query to Festival Republic this morning noting that I hoped to park in Green cos I'm in Pink Moon. I'm leaving on Sunday morning to go to Croke Park (before people start throwing stuff at me I go to EP every year but god knows when I'll get to see Waterford in an All Ireland Final again!!) My query was whether I'd have an issue leaving the Green Car Park on Sunday morning with all the day traffic trying to get in. Heres the answer I got:

Hi xxxxxx

Green Car Parks are for day parking so you will be directed to park in the Red or Yellow car parks if arriving on Friday with a weekend ticket.

Regards

On that basis no one will get into green on Friday morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

LowOdour wrote: »
    This in the Cosby Tent on Sunday will be amazing -  Goat Girl, Lemon Twigs, Real Estate, Parquet Courts, Car Seat Headrest, Pond.
    And due to the match and clashes, I wont see any of them blaahh

Like what you did there - blaa!

Realistically I only had 1 must see on Sunday (Aaron Lee Tasjan) and a few nice to sees. Think we'll bail and head back to Waterford for what could be the biggest party in town since the fifties :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Synode wrote: »
    Friday night looks very light after 12am

Le Freak at 1am on Friday, trailerpark ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nogal23

Hey Guys this might seem like a stupid q? But we purchased our tickets of a guy who was unable to go - seemed legit and they were purchased in November at a cheaper price, only thing is starting to worry what if they are not legit, is there anyway of checking this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Hi guys. Just wondering are there many cash points on site and are the queues for them huge? I see a sign for one on the map in the main arena. I don't want to keep too much cash on me but at the same time don't want to be queuing for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

So can anyone get a ticket replacement then?

I'm looking to buy a ticket for a friend and I'm a bit nervous about buying from someone with a replacement or fake ticket.

Go to adverts,you will find someone with several reviews.....they will be reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

smeal wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just wondering are there many cash points on site and are the queues for them huge? I see a sign for one on the map in the main arena. I don't want to keep too much cash on me but at the same time don't want to be queuing for ages!

Bring more cash than you think you'll need, they're a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stanley Hand Trolley picked up. Half tempted to pick up a hannibal lector mask and jumpsuit and have someone wheel me around on it all weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

nogal23 wrote: »
    Hey Guys this might seem like a stupid q? But we purchased our tickets of a guy who was unable to go - seemed legit and they were purchased in November at a cheaper price, only thing is starting to worry what if they are not legit, is there anyway of checking this out?

Did you get physical hard copy tickets? Ive never really heard of ticket forgery being a problem here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MJohnston wrote: »
    Did you get physical hard copy tickets? Ive never really heard of ticket forgery being a problem here

Forgery isn't really an issue but it's entirely possible to ring Ticketmaster, say you never received your tickets and get new ones issued. Previous tickets are voided and unusable but treated as more trustworthy than e-tickets and easy to sell on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Bazmataz85 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I am driving from the south east but do not want to end up in the green car park like I do every year and face the dreaded walk from there to Charlie Chaplin, any suggestions on a route that will lead me to the Red car park? Cheers

If you can get onto the M7 heading towards Portlaoise you'll be directed to the red car park. I think it's exit 16 or 17 you come off the motorway, it's well signposted & you'll be able to just follow the crowd in. The trick for you is getting onto the M7 heading west! Good luck!

Advertisement