Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

deeks wrote: »
    So - here's one to throw the cat amoung the pigeons for all you Pink Mooners trying to park in the Green Car Park. I sent an e-mail query to Festival Republic this morning noting that I hoped to park in Green cos I'm in Pink Moon. I'm leaving on Sunday morning to go to Croke Park (before people start throwing stuff at me I go to EP every year but god knows when I'll get to see Waterford in an All Ireland Final again!!) My query was whether I'd have an issue leaving the Green Car Park on Sunday morning with all the day traffic trying to get in. Heres the answer I got:

Hi xxxxxx

Green Car Parks are for day parking so you will be directed to park in the Red or Yellow car parks if arriving on Friday with a weekend ticket.

Regards

On that basis no one will get into green on Friday morning!!

They always say that. If you go the back roads you will get in to Green Car Park. I do every year and i arrive on Friday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

smeal wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just wondering are there many cash points on site and are the queues for them huge? I see a sign for one on the map in the main arena. I don't want to keep too much cash on me but at the same time don't want to be queuing for ages!

Bring cash. My friends made this massive mistake last year. Unless you fancy spending 2 hours in an ATM queue or do what they did and spent all their money in the place that took card - the Prosecco bar :D

Seriously though - cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Le Freak at 1am on Friday, trailerpark ;)

Completely forgot about Trailer Park. Have its stage times not been released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Finally - this years hot make up looks have been released. I was getting worried.

Glitter brows for Saturday since I'll have no time between acts :rolleyes:

https://www.her.ie/beauty/10-festival-makeup-ideas-rock-electric-picnic-weekend-361795

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Hey guys! Quick one. Broke my ankle a few weeks back and only got the boot off last week. I'll still have a crutch next weekend and will struggle with the walking, standing etc over the weekend. Wanted to bring in one of those small tripod stools into the main arena with me but have no idea if its allowed. I've emailed festival republic 2 days ago but got no response. Been going years but if i'm honest i've never noticed people on chairs or the likes in there. Prob cause I was two busy with my two working feet. Anyone any ideas??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

That's the one... Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

andreac wrote: »
    They always say that. If you go the back roads you will get in to Green Car Park. I do every year and i arrive on Friday mornings.

Any tips on back roads to take to get into green car park :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Chin up, Seathrun. Booka Brass at 4, Harvest at 6, Talos 6.40, half an hour of Neil Hannon on Main Stage before being blown away by Young Fathers, wind down after that with a bit of Soulé in Other Voices or alternatively Jerry Fish's party with RSAG, Bantum etc. You're on your own after that. I'm pretty happy with Friday.

Thanks man. I had Harvest down as a definite and I'll follow a couple of your other recommendations. Anyone else have good suggestions for the smaller stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

kg703 wrote: »
    Finally - this years hot make up looks have been released. I was getting worried.

Glitter brows for Saturday since I'll have no time between acts :rolleyes:

https://www.her.ie/beauty/10-festival-makeup-ideas-rock-electric-picnic-weekend-361795

any hope for glitter beards?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I'll added S Club Party and 5ive to clashfinder just now. Here's hoping they don't clash with anything you want to see.

You're welcome :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Weather is looking a good bit better now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Any tips on back roads to take to get into green car park :D:D

Go in to Monastervin and down towards Kildangan on this road
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.1377672,-7.0525438,3a,75y,215.56h,102.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7XTHuqF81H2sDHk5TeIHsw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Turn off to bring you through Vicarstown and on to Stradbally.

Brings you in to Stradbally from the other side where Green Car Park is closest.

I have done this the last 2 years and it brings me to the Green car park. It;s on the route where the Tour De Picnic go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Dudda wrote: »
    I'll added S Club Party and 5ive to clashfinder just now. Here's hoping they don't clash with anything you want to see.

You're welcome :P

Don't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Go in to Monastervin and down towards Kildangan on this road
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.1377672,-7.0525438,3a,75y,215.56h,102.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7XTHuqF81H2sDHk5TeIHsw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Turn off to bring you through Vicarstown and on to Stradbally.

Brings you in to Stradbally from the other side where Green Car Park is closest.

I have done this the last 2 years and it brings me to the Green car park. It;s on the route where the Tour De Picnic go too.

So exit 14 off M7 then towards Monastervin (r445), that turn towards Kidangan (r417) then a right towards Vicarstwon (r427) on thorugh Inch cross and into Stradbally and look for Green car park!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

Any tips on where to buy 330ml cans of beer?
    Any deals going in Dublin
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

thebusher wrote: »
    Thats the special guest Im assuming. Happy Days

There's two special guests in Jerry Fish, the other (presumably) being The Strypes (who might as well take up a residency in the tent at this stage - though by far the best place to see them).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mani82

alastair wrote: »
    There's two special guests in Jerry Fish, the other (presumably) being The Strypes (who might as well take up a residency in the tent at this stage - though by far the best place to see them).

Will we know who is on at what times before Friday or whats the usual way these surprise acts go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

mani82 wrote: »
    Will we know who is on at what times before Friday or whats the usual way these surprise acts go?

Usually flagged in the app about a half hour beforehand. Not before Friday, unless leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

mani82 wrote: »

I would guess that the first 45 minute slot is the Strypes and the latter 60 minute slot is Ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Poorside wrote: »
    any hope for glitter beards?;)

Only if she has a vajazzle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

gaffolino wrote: »
    Hey guys! Quick one. Broke my ankle a few weeks back and only got the boot off last week. I'll still have a crutch next weekend and will struggle with the walking, standing etc over the weekend. Wanted to bring in one of those small tripod stools into the main arena with me but have no idea if its allowed. I've emailed festival republic 2 days ago but got no response. Been going years but if i'm honest i've never noticed people on chairs or the likes in there. Prob cause I was two busy with my two working feet. Anyone any ideas??

You'll have no problem bringing a small stool into the main arena. i do it every year...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Was the 'Heineken Live Your Music VIP Area' there last year? Is it just another BS area designed to make people feel exclusive but really it isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Same as that andreac. I'll be arriving in the afternoon this year and hoping to get into green. Yellow would be a disaster! PMC. Will you drop a line here fri and let us know how you get on please 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭keepwalking

Hi all

I'm a very long time lurker, first time poster in this thread and my boyfriend and I are looking forward to our first full EP this weekend (we went on the Sunday in 2013). Thanks for all the useful info in this thread, its brilliant!

We've gone to Latitude in Suffolk four times so we're not festival newbies by any means, but this will be my first time driving to a festival, so I have a driving/parking related question for you folks if you don't mind. We're staying in Boutique Camping, next to Jimi Hendrix campsite, and will be driving down from Dublin on Friday morning, hoping to arrive by midday. The Yellow car park is the closest one to Boutique camping. Would it normally be the case that I can look to head to the Yellow car park when we get down or do we have to go to whichever car park we're directed to, regardless of where we're staying do you know?

Any insights would be appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Effects wrote: »
    Was the 'Heineken Live Your Music VIP Area' there last year? Is it just another BS area designed to make people feel exclusive but really it isn't?

There was a Heineken area there the last two years, bar and dj type affair, reasonably large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Any tips on where to buy 330ml cans of beer?
    Any deals going in Dublin
    Thanks

My local O'Briens doing 6 * 330ml craft beers for 15 quid, not cheap but the selection is good...

Advertisement