Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A friend of mine is down on site today, she took a few pictures of the arena, including one of some new tent/area that doesn't look familiar. Been trying to figure out what it is for the last 10 mins, I'd say it's something like the Red Bull tent or Bold Motel after getting an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Hi all

I'm a very long time lurker, first time poster in this thread and my boyfriend and I are looking forward to our first full EP this weekend (we went on the Sunday in 2013). Thanks for all the useful info in this thread, its brilliant!

We've gone to Latitude in Suffolk four times so we're not festival newbies by any means, but this will be my first time driving to a festival, so I have a driving/parking related question for you folks if you don't mind. We're staying in Boutique Camping, next to Jimi Hendrix campsite, and will be driving down from Dublin on Friday morning, hoping to arrive by midday. The Yellow car park is the closest one to Boutique camping. Would it normally be the case that I can look to head to the Yellow car park when we get down or do we have to go to whichever car park we're directed to, regardless of where we're staying do you know?

Any insights would be appreciated, thanks!

Your best bet is to head south on the M9 as if heading for Waterford/Kilkenny.

Swing off for Carlow which should get you onto the N80 and head towards Stradbally that that way. That takes you to the Yellow carpark.

Alternatively head south again on M9 and leave it when signed for Ballitore. This gets you onto the N78. Follow this to Athy and then join the N80 for Stradbally. I imagine this to be a bit cross country though so the first option is probably best.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭keepwalking

thebusher wrote: »
    Your best bet is to head south on the M9 as if heading for Waterford/Kilkenny.

Swing off for Carlow which should get you onto the N80 and head towards Stradbally that that way. That takes you to the Yellow carpark.

Alternatively head south again on M9 and leave it when signed for Ballitore. This gets you onto the N78. Follow this to Athy and then join the N80 for Stradbally. I imagine this to be a bit cross country though so the first option is probably best.

Hope this helps

Thanks a million thebusher, I'll check those options out.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

andreac wrote:
    Go in to Monastervin and down towards Kildangan on this road

Shsssh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Could anyone either quote or point me towards a post number for a list of what to bring? Scrolled back the last few pages and cannae see one. Ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

The Gardai had exit 14 blocked last year at about 11.30/midday when I arrived hoping to nip through vicars town. This year I'm going to approach from Athy. The only thing I'm worried about is ending up in the yellow car park. That would be a disaster as staying in pink moon. Is that a risk worth taking? Am I better off heading straight to red?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nogal23

maximoose wrote: »
    Forgery isn't really an issue but it's entirely possible to ring Ticketmaster, say you never received your tickets and get new ones issued. Previous tickets are voided and unusable but treated as more trustworthy than e-tickets and easy to sell on.

You serious so yes, I have physical tickets they were bought in November 2016 according to the tickets. Could you still ring up and get replacement ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BOHtox wrote: »
    Could anyone either quote or point me towards a post number for a list of what to bring? Scrolled back the last few pages and cannae see one. Ta

MJohnstons wonderful graphic post
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104492364&postcount=6955

My near long form thesis of shyte...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

What's the latest camper-vans are allowed enter on Thursday night folks?

Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Pablo, where ever you are, you saint, that app is fantabulous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

rubick wrote: »
    Hi folks, long time lurker of many EP threads, first time poster.

Reading a few pages back that Early Entry Pass holders will be directed to the Green Car Parks, is this correct?

We grabbed one because we travel from Co Antrim every year, and this saves a 6am start on the Friday. We're booked into the Eco Site again this year, which makes the trek from the Green Car Parks a bit of a handling. I've never entered through the Paintball Entrance before, what's the route across the site to Wilde/Salty Dog/Eco or the other sites? Do you have to bring your own paintballs and weapons?

Paintball site down to salty dog and across through Wilde to eco I'd presume. Just carry as little as possible...tent,chairs and beers. Move your car into the red Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

I'm getting the lend of a camper van for the festival from my mate who's not actually attending.

He lives nearby and reckons he'll be able to drive it in himself (doesn't want anyone else driving his baby) by just explaining the craic to security first thing Friday morning, and then walking out.

I reckon he's a complete pub talker but happy enough to follow him in my car and let him find out for himself, and drive my car back in the process.

So my question is this: is there the slightest chance of security letting him in, and more importantly and realistically, will I be able to get as far as the entrance in my car while following?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

Hi All, some images from today's Media Day for EP17.
    Site looks great and the ground is good!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CiaraDPhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1369926449742872

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I'm getting the lend of a camper van for the festival from my mate who's not actually attending.

He lives nearby and reckons he'll be able to drive it in himself (doesn't want anyone else driving his baby) by just explaining the craic to security first thing Friday morning, and then walking out.

I reckon he's a complete pub talker but happy enough to follow him in my car and let him find out for himself, and drive my car back in the process.

So my question is this: is there the slightest chance of security letting him in, and more importantly and realistically, will I be able to get as far as the entrance in my car while following?

I'm pretty sure they won't let both of you in campervans on one ticket... He could drive in, park up, then walk out and pass the ticket to you.

Hogzy wrote: »

There is only slight bit of mud in the usual hot spots and it's not mud mud mud....just soft ground....it'll be grand ;)

I'm pretty sure they won't let both of you in campervans on one ticket... He could drive in, park up, then walk out and pass the ticket to you.

I've never done the Campervan thing before so not sure of the procedure, do they not scan your tickets and give you wristbands when you get in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You didn't mention - do you or he have a campervan pass? Just park your car in the Yellow Car park, you won't be able to drive it in with a campervan at all, and the Yellow car park is really close, they don't really check tickets going into the campervan site either, as you have to exchange your tickets for a wristband once you get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

dusters wrote: »
    Hi All, some images from today's Media Day for EP17.
    Site looks great and the ground is good!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CiaraDPhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1369926449742872

Looks a bit muddy

MJohnston wrote: »
    You didn't mention - do you or he have a campervan pass? Just park your car in the Yellow Car park, you won't be able to drive it in with a campervan at all, and the Yellow car park is really close, they don't really check tickets going into the campervan site either, as you have to exchange your tickets for a wristband once you get in there.

Yup have a campervan pass, and I've a weekend ticket I can give him. Provided he doesn't have to scan it or exchange then we should be fine I guess :D

• Advertisement

I've never done the Campervan thing before so not sure of the procedure, do they not scan your tickets and give you wristbands when you get in there?

No. You need a ticket to get in, but the wristband exchange is after you park up.

thebusher wrote: »
    Looks a bit muddy

Nah, only the usual bit around Salty Dog etc....and that will be mulched again over coming days! The main arena etc is perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Hogzy wrote: »

One must never take anything TheDailyEdge says at face value.
    Sensationalist tabloid-like journalism!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

And I'll clarify what I mean there. Usual procedure for me in the campervan is - turn off M7, get directed down the campervan route towards Timahoe Road, then at the gates to the campervan entrance on Timahoe Road they'll check your campervan pass (which should be affixed to the windscreen) and let you into the campervan site. Once in there, you get directed to your campervan pitch, then whenever you want to exit the campervan site into the main campsites, you have to pass through the Wristband exchange tent, where you swap your weekend tickets for the wristbands.

So, your mate, presuming he doesn't have a ticket for the festival, will be easily able to get into the campervan site with a campervan pass and a campervan, and then exit himself by walking back down toward the Timahoe Road.

The Timahoe Road is also home to the Yellow Car Park (take a look at my aerial photo sitemap here), and that will be the closest that any cars are able to get to the campervan site because there is the initial Garda checkpoint for campervan traffic that won't let cars through, then there's the security on the road entrance who won't let cars through, then there's the security on the inside gate of the campervan site who won't let cars through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Can you bring in a regular sized schoolbag to the main stage arena? Handy for rainjacket, poncho, portable charger, sunnies etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

There was a Heineken area there the last two years, bar and dj type affair, reasonably large

But you need a separate wristband for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Pablo, where ever you are, you saint, that app is fantabulous.
    name on app please had a look and couldnt find it. . .

WM18 wrote: »
    name on app please had a look and couldnt find it. . .

Search for

"Unoffical EP 2017"

Android only sadly.

And I'll clarify what I mean there. Usual procedure for me in the campervan is - turn off M7, get directed down the campervan route towards Timahoe Road, then at the gates to the campervan entrance on Timahoe Road they'll check your campervan pass (which should be affixed to the windscreen) and let you into the campervan site. Once in there, you get directed to your campervan pitch, then whenever you want to exit the campervan site into the main campsites, you have to pass through the Wristband exchange tent, where you swap your weekend tickets for the wristbands.

So, your mate, presuming he doesn't have a ticket for the festival, will be easily able to get into the campervan site with a campervan pass and a campervan, and then exit himself by walking back down toward the Timahoe Road.

As I recall though, they also take a look at your weekend ticket at this point. They don't scan it, just look. Am I imagining this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd hardly call that area "Famous People Camping", more like "Crammed in staff, lowly acts and people who know someone camping".

Advertisement