Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 humbletoad

What's the best time to get a shower at EP (specfically the ones in Hendrix)? Morning (8am-11am) or Afternoon (12-2pm/4-7pm)?
    Not a deal breaker but it'd be good to get a shower to wake myself up on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

humbletoad wrote: »
    What's the best time to get a shower at EP (specfically the ones in Hendrix)? Morning (8am-11am) or Afternoon (12-2pm/4-7pm)?
    Not a deal breaker but it'd be good to get a shower to wake myself up on Sunday

Early in the morning as possible, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What are the showers in pink moon like?

Annoyingly, the GFS weather charts are starting to more consistently suggest a moderate amount of rain starting around 4am Sunday till about 2pm when it lightens off to more showery spells. Luckily Friday and Saturday seem to be remaining consistently mainly dry on each run, so that's a good sign. The real question seems to be how well the high pressure that'll be sitting over the country will be able to disperse the low coming in overnight Saturday/Sunday, and therefore how much rain makes it as far east as Stradbally. Fingers crossed it either swings in our favour, or at least remains mostly confined to overnight and doesn't rain most of Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Im looking for a recommendation for one must see house/techno set as I don't recognise many of the names on this years lineup. Enjoyed Daniel Avery & Beyer last year so something along those lines.

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    Annoyingly, the GFS weather charts are starting to more consistently suggest a moderate amount of rain starting around 4am Sunday till about 2pm when it lightens off to more showery spells. Luckily Friday and Saturday seem to be remaining consistently mainly dry on each run, so that's a good sign. The real question seems to be how well the high pressure that'll be sitting over the country will be able to disperse the low coming in overnight Saturday/Sunday, and therefore how much rain makes it as far east as Stradbally. Fingers crossed it either swings in our favour, or at least remains mostly confined to overnight and doesn't rain most of Sunday.

Also worth noting that this is showing up on more models than just GFS now - yr.no's model is showing it, UK Met Office, and the ECM model are all in fair agreement that we'll get some rain overnight.

Im looking for a recommendation for one must see house/techno set as I don't recognise many of the names on this years lineup. Enjoyed Daniel Avery & Beyer last year so something along those lines.

Kiasmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Also worth noting that this is showing up on more models than just GFS now - yr.no's model is showing it, UK Met Office, and the ECM model are all in fair agreement that we'll get some rain overnight.

First time, I read this as "snowing" ...

Kiasmos.

Kiasmos are amazing .. also Tale of Us, and as was pointed out by some kind poster here Klark Cant. ELLLL also sounds damn fine to me ..

D.Q wrote: »

Very good imo, hot & cleaned regularly. Never had an issue getting one but usually avoid the peak times. Couldn't get over the queues in the other campsites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »

grand, hot and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

First timer..are there showers available, and if so will I be queuing for half a day to use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

No wristband necessary, but someone here said that they couldn't get in as they had a beer that wasn't Heineken or some such sh1te.

That was me. Security stopped me one afternoon from getting in as I was carrying a pint of Murphy's Red (from the Heineken 'craft beer stall). Apparently not allowed in with non-Heineken beer. I didn't protest to much. Could just have been an over-officious (and uninformed ) guy but I think it's official policy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

First timer..are there showers available, and if so will I be queuing for half a day to use them?

answers just above ya on this page. mad queues unless you get there early in the morning

all-you-have-to-do-is-scroll-up.jpg

Great call with Tale of Us and Kiasmos especially, just listening to few tracks on soundcloud now. Sorry Duran Duran, ill be elsewhere come Sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Great call with Tale of Us and Kiasmos especially, just listening to few tracks on soundcloud now. Sorry Duran Duran, ill be elsewhere come Sunday night

Check out Bicep as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭Alkers

So my question is this: is there the slightest chance of security letting him in, and more importantly and realistically, will I be able to get as far as the entrance in my car while following?

If he's bringing the camper down on Thursday he will only be able to bring it in if you give him your ticket. Everyone in the camper a needs a ticket but they don't get scanned. He will then have to walk on foot back out to the village where he could give your ticket back to you. He's then got to make his way home and you're then stuck in the village, not able to access the general campsite unless you have an early entry pass and even then the entrance between the campervan site and the campsites doesn't open till Friday morning. I'm not sure you'll be allowed on foot entry back up into the campervan site.
    It specifically says that they don't facilitate hire companies and the likes dropping off campers for people to use although there is no issue in other people coming into the campervan area once the van is parked and the gate is open on Friday.
    If that's the case, get another ticket from your friends, you and the camper guy go in together (with two tickets), then let him walk out with one ticket and meet up with your other friends before they come in?

pete tong & heritage Orchestra currently on Channel 4 live (obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Skibunny77

Very basic question - I will be passing stradbally on my own first thing on Friday morning, friend can't make it down until the evening. Will have our tickets - Any issue with parking up, collecting festival wristbands for my mate and myself then our pink moon wristbands and getting set up? I was hoping to drop off the basics in the tent and have wristbands sorted, then head off, collect my mate at around 3 and avoid all queues bar the traffic/parking one. Any issues with above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Last batch of stage times announced (Salty Dog, Comedy, Jerry Fish).

Now to assess the final extent of clashing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Skibunny77 wrote: »
    Very basic question - I will be passing stradbally on my own first thing on Friday morning, friend can't make it down until the evening. Will have our tickets - Any issue with parking up, collecting festival wristbands for my mate and myself then our pink moon wristbands and getting set up? I was hoping to drop off the basics in the tent and have wristbands sorted, then head off, collect my mate at around 3 and avoid all queues bar the traffic/parking one. Any issues with above?

You won't be allowed do that. Not a chance.

Kurtosis wrote: »
    Last batch of stage times announced (Salty Dog, Comedy, Jerry Fish).

Now to assess the final extent of clashing...

Jerry Fish is already on the clashfinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They already gave us casa Bacardi and Jerry Fish. No sign of trailer park yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Anyone know if there are showers in eco it near it?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Is there any chance of being allowed drive into one car park for a few minutes then exit and head to another car park? I've to collect wristbands in green but need to park in yellow. The walk from green to yellow with all our stuff will be an almighty ball ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Skibunny77

Paleblood wrote: »
    You won't be allowed do that. Not a chance.

Thanks - thought it sounded too easy to work, have done the same at foreign festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Are there showers in that guest camping area and if so can you walk in from other campsites if you have the proper wristband ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Does anyone know if the family camping car park is in the same area this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Are there showers in that guest camping area and if so can you walk in from other campsites if you have the proper wristband ?

Advertisement