Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stone Roses would be an absolutely perfect Sunday headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Can anyone say Electric Picnic backwards, for a laugh the festival should be rechristened that name. :D
    What ever you are on, might be an idea to cut back a little.

And give it to me

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

....end of the summer is perfect. Rounds off the summer nicely before the grim prospect of winter sets in

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

The Lemon Twigs' album is ace so want them to be announced.

Might need to be accompanied by an adult mind considering they're about 5... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Tago Mago wrote: »
    The Lemon Twigs' album

worst hair ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

D.Q wrote: »
    Stone Roses would be an absolutely perfect Sunday headliner.

I can just imagine hearing the amazing bassline of I Wanna Be Adored opening to a crowd of bucket hats, lemon-print attire and Roses t-shirts. :cool: Fingers crossed they're booked for EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Here's a thought to get the juices flowing. There is tentative talk of a Smashing Pumpkins re-union, all 4 original band members. What a headline act they would make.

Snarky Snark Snark

Hmmm, that would be juicy, Corgan apparently has a new solo album (zwan anyone?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That Pumpkins rumour is funny - I was just thinking to myself at the weekend, 'Where would Smashing Pumpkins be on an EP line-up?'

Would they top the poster or would it be like the Pixies, who always end up near the top but not at the top, unless it's a pretty small festival?

Either way, they'd be an interesting proposition!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Radiohead just confirmed for Glastonbury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The stone roses in Belfast week before glasto no other Irish gig, I presume they'll play glasto + either Longtitude or EP.

Did anyone make stone roses gig last year? Was it sold out or even semi packed?
    The cost was huge, I love the Stone Roses but it was complete extortion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The stone roses in Belfast week before glasto no other Irish gig, I presume they'll play glasto + either Longtitude or EP.

The place was absolutely rammed. Busiest concert I've ever been at in Marley and I've been there loads.

Was a great gig. Better than Phoenix Park in my opinion

Snarky Snark Snark

R-word just confirmed for Glastonbury

Cue 5-7 months of R-word speculation and misery

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Spreece wrote: »
    Here's a thought to get the juices flowing. There is tentative talk of a Smashing Pumpkins re-union, all 4 original band members. What a headline act they would make.

That would be totally awesome!

I saw them a few years ago at Glastonbury... needless to say, I was up the front moshing to my heart's content!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Thronged. Forget-about-trying-to-get-a-beer thronged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Where would you put Radiohead at Glastonbury? They're obviously a headliner but I'm not so sure about them on the Pyramid Stage. Going by footage of their current tour they look much more at home in (relatively) smaller spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Synode wrote: »
    The place was absolutely rammed. Busiest concert I've ever been at in Marley and I've been there loads.

Was a great gig. Better than Phoenix Park in my opinion

Saw them twice over the summer, in the Etihad and in Marley.

Both great gigs, but was a little disappointed with the sound. It was very very quiet both times.

I was just in front of the desk both times.

Thinking of trying to catch them indoors in belfast.

Snarky Snark Snark

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Where would you put Radiohead at Glastonbury? They're obviously a headliner but I'm not so sure about them on the Pyramid Stage. Going by footage of their current tour they look much more at home in (relatively) smaller spaces.

They'll be on the Pyramid stage, don't think there's going to be any doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

They'll be on the Pyramid stage, don't think there's going to be any doubt about that.

Also the reveal picture was taken in front of the pyramid. No way they will be anywhere other than that stage come the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Also the reveal picture was taken in front of the pyramid. No way they will be anywhere other than that stage come the Friday.

Announced for open'er in Poland too. Hope we get them at the picnic. Would love the stone roses too but there's no way we get both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Pickpocket wrote: »

You must be on drugs. They've headlined the festival twice before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Announced for open'er in Poland too. Hope we get them at the picnic. Would love the stone roses too but there's no way we get both.

Most probably neither ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Most probably neither ;)

Now, now Pablo, let's be positive.

I heard its Radiohead, the Stone Roses, Daft Punk, the reformed Smashing Pumpkins and a hologram extravaganza of Bowie and Prince.

Anything less will be a disappointment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Now, now Pablo, let's be positive.

I heard its Radiohead, the Stone Roses, Daft Punk, the reformed Smashing Pumpkins and a hologram extravaganza of Bowie and Prince.

Anything less will be a disappointment now.

tbf, any one of those would be a solid addition. Personally never could take to the Smashing Pumpkins.. his voice just does my head in. Having said tat I am sure many people would love them to be added.

I am not really bothered about the headliners, more interested in what is down the bill a bit. Although both LCD Soundsystem and New Order were fantastic in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Apologies if this has been asked before but when were the first round of announcements over the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Apologies if this has been asked before but when were the first round of announcements over the last few years?

March last year, the year before there were a handful of names announced just before Christmas ahead of the March announcement but that's the only time that's happened.

Snarky Snark Snark

Would be nice to get something before the new year, their dragging out of announcements each year really starts to get old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Would be nice to get something before the new year, their dragging out of announcements each year really starts to get old.

They don't drag them out.

Posters on boards convince themselves that more announcements are coming, set imaginary deadlines by which these will be made, and then get pissed off when these fictional deadlines are missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

They don't drag them out.

Posters on boards convince themselves that more announcements are coming, set imaginary deadlines by which these will be made, and then get pissed off when these fictional deadlines are missed.

In comparison to festivals other than Glastonbury they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah they fcuked around big time this year, after the announcing bonanza of the year previous.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement