Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 greggharris

Skibunny77 wrote: »
    Very basic question - I will be passing stradbally on my own first thing on Friday morning, friend can't make it down until the evening. Will have our tickets - Any issue with parking up, collecting festival wristbands for my mate and myself then our pink moon wristbands and getting set up? I was hoping to drop off the basics in the tent and have wristbands sorted, then head off, collect my mate at around 3 and avoid all queues bar the traffic/parking one. Any issues with above?

You can collect your own general wrist band and pink moon and therefore get your tent organised. Your friend will still have to queue when arrive. We did it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Rain on sat night Sun morning will put a dampener on things.
    Might try and sleep through it and get up with the Sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Hi all, are the general camping tickets gate specific or can you get a wrist band at any gate, we have tickets for gate 4 and 12...can we all go in together? (not camper van or family obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

moonshadow wrote: »
    Hi all, are the general camping tickets gate specific or can you get a wrist band at any gate, we have tickets for gate 4 and 12...can we all go in together? (not camper van or family obviously)

You can go in any gate and get a wristband

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Drove through stradbally last night-great atmosphere, staff looked very busy but everyone in good form.

Hopefully the weather plays ball now. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

They already gave us casa Bacardi and Jerry Fish. No sign of trailer park yet?
    nope, still waiting on times for Anachronica, Hazel Wood, Red Bull Tropical Garden, Bold Motel, Logic and a few more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Kiasmos are amazing .. also Tale of Us, and as was pointed out by some kind poster here Klark Cant. ELLLL also sounds damn fine to me ..

Ireland's biggest underground club, District 8, programs some of the best Irish DJ's in house and techno. Headlining will be Sunil Sharpe, who has extensively played across some of Europe's best clubs, including Berghain, Fabric and Concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Drove through stradbally last night-great atmosphere, staff looked very busy but everyone in good form.

Hopefully the weather plays ball now. Can't wait.

The general consensus is that it's good Friday and Saturday with a possibility of rain late Saturday night/early Sunday morning but it's too soon to say with any certainty. I'd take that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

MJohnston wrote: »
    Annoyingly, the GFS weather charts are starting to more consistently suggest a moderate amount of rain starting around 4am Sunday till about 2pm when it lightens off to more showery spells. Luckily Friday and Saturday seem to be remaining consistently mainly dry on each run, so that's a good sign. The real question seems to be how well the high pressure that'll be sitting over the country will be able to disperse the low coming in overnight Saturday/Sunday, and therefore how much rain makes it as far east as Stradbally. Fingers crossed it either swings in our favour, or at least remains mostly confined to overnight and doesn't rain most of Sunday.

I belieeeeve

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Well it was called 'performer camping' on the regular map, so that's what I went with ;)

anyone know where guest registration is located this year, also location of artist accreditation and artist parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

but all of the newspapers are praying for rain so they can roll out the 'Rain failed to dampen revelers spirits at Stradbally' headline

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Im looking for a recommendation for one must see house/techno set as I don't recognise many of the names on this years lineup. Enjoyed Daniel Avery & Beyer last year so something along those lines.
    Clark (not to be confused with Klark Cant, who I don't know but will listen to)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I don't mind too much if it rains on Sun morning just as long as it doesn't rain Sunday night. Sunday night's lineup is brilliant.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I don't mind too much if it rains on Sun morning just as long as it doesn't rain Sunday night. Sunday night's lineup is brilliant.

sunday evening looking dry.

the only forecasted weather front is due to hit laois at about 1am sunday morning until its dissipated at about 7 am.
    its not a particularly strong one though with only about 2mm /hr forecasted at most between those hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Last day in work until Tuesday

Have Spotify playlist on for the day

I'm so excited

Who said anything about the Daily Edge not being reliable journos? Have you seen their latest article on EP?

http://www.dailyedge.ie/electric-picnic-stations-of-the-cross-3570281-Aug2017/

I'm not religious but I can imagine that going down like a lead balloon

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Any sign of the Trailer Park lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blahbrahblah

What's the ground like for tent pegs? Will i need a hammer or is it soft enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

kg703 wrote: »

I'm so excited

Who said anything about the Daily Edge not being reliable journos? Have you seen their latest article on EP?

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What's the ground like for tent pegs? Will i need a hammer or is it soft enough?

chat up line of the weekend right there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blahbrahblah

everlast75 wrote: »
    chat up line of the weekend right there..

I only ask cause I bent me peg driving it in the last time out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

boom!

I'd say it was "in tents".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Can't go to EP this year unfortunately but what's up with the tickets? I know it's not a ticket thread but I've been trying to sell my ticket for days now with no luck. Very strange. Usually snapped up ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

For general admission and camping Can you park up without showing a ticket? i have my brothers ticket and we are travelling from different areas and hope to meet in the same car park and go in together then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yes, they don't check the tickets when you're parking.

Be aware that you could be parked almost a kilometer from your brother, meeting "in the car park" is not an exact location.

Yes, they don't check the tickets when you're parking.

Be aware that you could be parked almost a kilometer from your brother, meeting "in the car park" is not an exact location.

Thats ok, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can't go to EP this year unfortunately but what's up with the tickets? I know it's not a ticket thread but I've been trying to sell my ticket for days now with no luck. Very strange. Usually snapped up ASAP.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they upped the capacity again this year to 55k. A few years ago it was around 30 k so theres going to be less demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Floods of tickets available, doubt you'll be getting face value at this stage

I can see about 1500 ads on various websites that people are trying to sell.
    This was sold out before the line-up was released so lots of people have decided not to go.

• Advertisement

kg703 wrote: »

I'm so excited

Damn they have removed it now :D:p:D

Advertisement