Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Correct me if I'm wrong but they upped the capacity again this year to 55k. A few years ago it was around 30 k so theres going to be less demand.

Its been 55k with a cliple of years. It also sold out in record time. The lack of demand now is from the young crowd that hate the line up for whatever reason (having a ****e taste in music)..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Its been 55k with a cliple of years. It also sold out in record time. The lack of demand now is from the young crowd that hate the line up for whatever reason (having a ****e taste in music)..

There'll (hopefully) be a notable increase in the average age this year.
    There were a fair few underage babyfaces last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

I wonder if that's on purpose.. crowd was getting too young so organizers have targeted quality acts but not names that attract the youngins

saying that I know a lot of people in their mid 20's who planned on going but have decided not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Last year was the first year it was 55,000 and the same happened last year with tickets, loads available the week of and before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

anyone know what the eco campsite is like for showers/grub?.... do we have to trek elsewhere for these?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

maximoose wrote: »
    Floods of tickets available, doubt you'll be getting face value at this stage

and some deluded fools are still asking for over the asking price on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

irishfan9 wrote: »

Guess we'll all be going to Annie Mac in the tent so!!

Bad forecast for today and tomorrow - hope the ground recovers sufficiently before Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Can't go to EP this year unfortunately but what's up with the tickets? I know it's not a ticket thread but I've been trying to sell my ticket for days now with no luck. Very strange. Usually snapped up ASAP.

I'm in the same boat, thought I'd get rid quick enough but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Obscure question

Last year in the body and soul area on the Saturday night (bout 2 or 3 in the morning) there was an open tent with a dj playing soothing noise soundscape type stuff (like binaural beats) and everyone was lying around either asleep or meditating, or just stoned :-) It was really cool. I tried to find it then on the sunday night but couldn't, anyone know if that's an actual stage, or just one of the many mad tents in the body and soul area? Or did I imagine the whole thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I wonder if that's on purpose.. crowd was getting too young so organizers have targeted quality acts but not names that attract the youngins

saying that I know a lot of people in their mid 20's who planned on going but have decided not to.

I'd say it'll be great this year if the weather holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Gal44 wrote: »
    Damn they have removed it now :D:p:D

It was basically Jesus and the stages of the cross but he was in EP
    Pics of him being crucified in a field with tents and such

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorikeet111

Does anyone know the times for the logic tent/stage i saw somewhere on facebook Daithi is playing there over the weekend but seen nothing about this logic stage regarding times or who else is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I'm in the same boat, thought I'd get rid quick enough but no luck

How much are the pair of you expecting to get for them? The price could be linked to your current predicament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm worried my new tent lamp is too bright. :P

Does anyone know the times for the logic tent/stage i saw somewhere on facebook Daithi is playing there over the weekend but seen nothing about this logic stage regarding times or who else is there?

John Gibbons is playing there all 3 nights, Bongo Steve, Robbie G, Kess Ross, Junior J, Futuristic PolarBears, Dave Nolan.

Anyone know where the logic stage is?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

declanleo wrote: »
    How much are the pair of you expecting to get for them? The price could be linked to your current predicament

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Obscure question

Last year in the body and soul area on the Saturday night (bout 2 or 3 in the morning) there was an open tent with a dj playing soothing noise soundscape type stuff (like binaural beats) and everyone was lying around either asleep or meditating, or just stoned :-) It was really cool. I tried to find it then on the sunday night but couldn't, anyone know if that's an actual stage? Or did I imagine the whole thing!

thats the Peace Padoga if im not mistaken,
    google it there and you'll see a pic

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

not going to get leaving Newry till 2pm Friday, staying in campervan, what time would yis think we would get parked up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

John Gibbons is playing there all 3 nights, Bongo Steve, Robbie G, Kess Ross, Junior J, Futuristic PolarBears, Dave Nolan.

Anyone know where the logic stage is?
    it's in the middle of the main arena usually, next to the Jerry Fish tent.
    it's not on the map this year, but is presumably still there.

• Advertisement

it's in the middle of the main arena usually, next to the Jerry Fish tent.
    it's not on the map this year, but is presumably still there.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

So the Salty Dog has surprise acts around 10.30 on Sunday night, as well as a 'surprise closing act' from 2am to 3am. Also there's an oddly long gap on the stage during the Saturday night (Clashfinder has nothing at all listed, not even a 'surprise' act) between 10.30 and 12.10.

Anyway, what i'm getting at here is : surely one of these spots is left open for King Kong Company!? It would be criminal to only have them on at 3pm in the day time in the Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Quick dream related question, but last week at Reading and Leeds, Giggs brought out Drake in the middle of his set, now Melvin Benn isn't dismissing the chances of this but of course he wouldn't, just wondering what people's thoughts are on the likelihood f this considering it'd fit well as there was no real 'big' headline act...one can dream hopefully

Quick dream related question, but last week at Reading and Leeds, Giggs brought out Drake in the middle of his set, now Melvin Benn isn't dismissing the chances of this but of course he wouldn't, just wondering what people's thoughts are on the likelihood f this considering it'd fit well as there was no real 'big' headline act...one can dream hopefully

Giggs is listed as playing for half an hour on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Hi Guys, Just a quick question.. Myself and the bf are heading to EP at the weekend. We have a three day camping ticket and will be parking in the designated car park. Anyway what I was wondering was is there 24 hour access to the car parks to go back to the car for stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

So the Salty Dog has surprise acts around 10.30 on Sunday night, as well as a 'surprise closing act' from 2am to 3am. Also there's an oddly long gap on the stage during the Saturday night (Clashfinder has nothing at all listed, not even a 'surprise' act) between 10.30 and 12.10.

Anyway, what i'm getting at here is : surely one of these spots is left open for King Kong Company!? It would be criminal to only have them on at 3pm in the day time in the Electric Arena.

Hopefully, cause they really shouldn't be on so early :( Also, no sign of the Eskies this year. I'm a little sad about that.

I couldnt even name a Drake song :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/VivaJerryFish/photos/a.217900418285416.52005.209866595755465/1610371689038275/?type=3
    Jerry Fish 33 mins ·

Hey! Hey! Thrilled to announce our Big Love friends Ash are our very special guests @ The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow Electric Picnic on Sunday Night!

11:00pm – Midnight – ASH
    Midnight – 1am – THE JERRY FISH ELECTRIC SIDESHOW

Big LOVE, Jerry xx www.jerry-fish.com xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

huneybunny wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Just a quick question.. Myself and the bf are heading to EP at the weekend. We have a three day camping ticket and will be parking in the designated car park. Anyway what I was wondering was is there 24 hour access to the car parks to go back to the car for stuff?

Ya, you can go back to the car at any time. Not that you'll want to.
    It's more fun to be a pack mule and get everything in first time :cool:

slim to none I'd say. R&L is a much bigger deal than EP, plus it's televised.
    they also had Queens of the Stone Age and Wolf Alice doing secret sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Ya, you can go back to the car at any time. Not that you'll want to.
    It's more fun to be a pack mule and get everything in first time :cool:

OK Great thanks so much for replying. So we can go back to the carpark after at like 2 or 3 am?

Advertisement