Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

So the Salty Dog has surprise acts around 10.30 on Sunday night, as well as a 'surprise closing act' from 2am to 3am. Also there's an oddly long gap on the stage during the Saturday night (Clashfinder has nothing at all listed, not even a 'surprise' act) between 10.30 and 12.10.

Anyway, what i'm getting at here is : surely one of these spots is left open for King Kong Company!? It would be criminal to only have them on at 3pm in the day time in the Electric Arena.

King Kong confirmed on facebook that they will only play the Sunday afternoon slot. Said they raised it as an issue with EP but they couldn't change it...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Im looking for a recommendation for one must see house/techno set as I don't recognise many of the names on this years lineup. Enjoyed Daniel Avery & Beyer last year so something along those lines.
    Check out Kiasmos, Lowly, New Jackson, Tiga, Clarke, Le Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

haitens wrote: »
    Quick question I'm heading down on the Thursday and planning on walking to the town for few pints. I've been told it's not far but what's the road like would I need a high vis vest and a torch.

Its grand straight road. There is a few lights along the way. Suppose it would be no harm in bringing a high vis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Pablo, just wondering do I need to have Wifi enabled to get the alerts from the app?

No network is needed to get alerts .. you only need network if you update the timetable or map ... designed to work offline cos we will be in a field conserving battery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Deeluu wrote: »
    Yep there's no restrictions at all. Myself and my bf go every year and we leave a lot of stuff in the car and walk back and forth - it's not so bad at all.

Going campervan this year, so less hauling.

Ya we wanted to go campervan too but don't have a campervan at the mo.. Makes things so much easier..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Tickets back up on ticketmaster there.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

rebelreded wrote: »
    It seems silly season has well and truly begun for aimless and repeated questions this morning ��

Frequency of the banal & repetitive is really starting to ramp up now...;)

Don't wish to appear an arse to noobs but there is search function for this thread at the top right hand corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

No network is needed to get alerts .. you only need network if you update the timetable or map ... designed to work offline cos we will be in a field conserving battery :)

You're a star Pablo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Lots of boardsies seem to swear by the MT Cranium forecast in the Weather forum - looking a lot better than that yr.no one...
    TODAY ... Variable cloud with a few sunny breaks this morning, outbreaks of showery rain spreading from west coast this morning to central and then eastern counties through the day, 3-5 mm expected. Slight risk of thunder.
    Highs 15 to 17 C.

TONIGHT ... Partly cloudy with a few showers at first, partial clearing and cool. Lows about 6 to 9 C.

THURSDAY ... Partly cloudy, isolated showers, and highs near 16 C.

FRIDAY ... Sunny intervals, warmer after a cold start to the day (lows 2 to 5 C inland rural districts and 7 to 10 C coastal, urban centres). Highs near 21 C. Light winds.

SATURDAY ... Increasing cloud, warm in the south and east with highs near 21 C. Rain at times west and north (some guidance holds this off until Sunday), highs near 18 C.

FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Showery on Sunday and somewhat cooler (18 C), then a few fairly settled days before a gradual turn to quite unsettled and windy weather with a cooling trend later in the week of 4-8 September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

quite enjoying "All we are" nice groovy vibes
    never heard of them before

• Advertisement

Does everyone have access to all the campsites or are you restricted to just your own one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You can go into any campsite except the pay campsites such as Pink Moon, they have their own wristbands and security.

You can go into any campsite except the pay campsites such as Pink Moon, they have their own wristbands and security.

OK great thanks for the reply, its my first picnic and don't know anything about the campsite and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

room_149 wrote: »
    Frequency of the banal & repetitive is really starting to ramp up now...;)

Don't wish to appear an arse to noobs but there is search function for this thread at the top right hand corner.

that's all fine but...
    How do i get into green car park?
    what time should i leave?
    can i bring 127 cans and 10l of spirits?
    can i visit my mates in pink moon/camper/ family?
    where can i watch the match?
    will i need wellies?

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Its grand straight road. There is a few lights along the way. Suppose it would be no harm in bringing a high vis.

If it's the road that leads to the main entrance then it's closed to regular traffic and lot of people walking on it so pretty safe. The occasional squad car/festival van passes

huneybunny wrote: »
    Ya we wanted to go campervan too but don't have a campervan at the mo.. Makes things so much easier..

Had a campervan up to last year and it was absolutely brilliant in terms of packing and choosing what to bring... then the missus sold it on me (she owned it in fairness, but I like to complain about it still) ... This year Im in a small caravan which is a much much cheaper option than the campervan, although probably not as "cool" (or whatever the correct word is). I am well passed being cool anyway and have been for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

that's all fine but...
    will i need wellies?

:D:D

ne deals on drinks tanks?

that's all fine but...
    turn left at the corner
    about 3am on thursday should be good
    only if you can prove you will be able to drink them all (by drinking them all)
    You know you don't have friends.
    Croker boy!
    will i need wellies?
    For you feet or for throwing ?

Had a campervan up to last year and it was absolutely brilliant in terms of packing and choosing what to bring... then the missus sold it on me (she owned it in fairness, but I like to complain about it still) ... This year Im in a small caravan which is a much much cheaper option than the campervan, although probably not as "cool" (or whatever the correct word is). I am well passed being cool anyway and have been for many years.

We are well past being cool also lol, old fogies we are.. We are looking at getting a campervan anyway, would be great for weekends away with the kids and stuff, just a shame that we don't have one for this weekend. Like yourselfs we had one up to a few years ago but sold it and they are so expensive to get a reasonably good one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

If it's the road that leads to the main entrance then it's closed to regular traffic and lot of people walking on it so pretty safe. The occasional squad car/festival van passes

It is that road however I don't know if they will close it off on Thursday night

• Advertisement

Hi Guys, Just a quick question.. Myself and the bf are heading to EP at the weekend. We have a three day camping ticket and will be parking in the designated car park. Anyway what I was wondering was is there 24 hour access to the car parks to go back to the car for stuff?
    There is yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

F*ck

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ILj24Dy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Any sign of the Trailer Park lineup?

Am beginning to wonder if we're going to see an offical set of times for this at all

Annoying as definitely interested in some of the acts they will have :mad:

Just had a look through Clashfinder and this is what I am thinking:

FRIDAY:

Young Fathers
    London Grammar
    Bicep
    Lowly
    New Jackson

SATURDAY:

A Tribe Called Quest
    La Galaxie (end of gig)
    Tiga
    Clark
    Le Boom

SUNDAY:
    Mano Le Tough
    Elbow
    Kiasmos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Nice to see EP signed up the Stradbally site for the next ten years. FR obviously see it as a major money earner & in it for the long run. Good to see that confidence in the Picnic. It's only 5/6 years since the festival almost collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Ya officially they don't, but I was wondering if they are very strict on this?

They aren't - I've slept in my car at EP loads of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

MJohnston wrote: »
    F*ck

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

Any possibility of this changing in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Am beginning to wonder if we're going to see an offical set of times for this at all

Annoying as definitely interested in some of the acts they will have :mad:

keep an eye on the app, they've adding acts this morning,Bold Motel is there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

D.Q wrote: »
    Any possibility of this changing in the meantime

It's looking like the chances of rain overnight Saturday-Sunday are becoming pretty much locked in at this stage, what will vary will be (a) the total amount of rain (b) when it arrives (c) over how long it falls.

Advertisement