Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rizzle_g

showpony1 wrote: »
    whats with all the "looks like good news for ep forecast" ****e on joe.ie and that on facebook. Forecast actually appears to be rain from about 6pm saturday night on for the weekend which is pretty bad as only sunday night was real bad for few hours last year, puts a dampener on things......

You must be joking - it LASHED Friday night, I remember it vividly because my tent flooded and I had to abandon it. It was nice Saturday until about 9pm and then it basically rained for the rest of the weekend! Of course Monday was a glorious day...

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Question for Interpol fans

To my great shame I only got into Interpol for EP, but by God they're good!
    So I see recently they've been playing their debut album in its entirety live - they'll hardly do that for EP?
    Also why do they never seem to play live 'my desire' from their most recent album? Its an incredible song

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So I see recently they've been playing their debut album in its entirety live - they'll hardly do that for EP?

I think they will be,they announced this album anniversary tour with a video and had picnic listed in the dates.

And I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Question for Interpol fans

To my great shame I only got into Interpol for EP, but by God they're good!
    Also why do they never seem to play live 'my desire' from their most recent album? Its an incredible song

They will definitely be playing the album through. With other songs either before or after

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rizzle_g

huneybunny wrote: »
    That's great, thanks for the info. Will be sleeping in the back of a van anyway so they wont even know that we are there.. My main worry is being really far away from a toilet...

You'll be a good bit away, depending on the car park. I slept in a friends van last year as my tent flooded and ended up waddling in to Hendrix for a toilet on Sunday morning. Make sure you use the loo before you head back to the van, dont drink once you're there and you'll be okay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I bet they're overselling tickets now on ticket Master knowing that all those tickets online won't be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

My core itinerary for the weekend... There'll be lots and lots of other stuff too, particularly any of the many excellent "electronic" acts I manage to catch / persuade my gang to head along to - but am definitely planning on not missing any of these

FRIDAY:
    Divine Comedy
    Vince Staples
    The XX

SATURDAY (aka Main Stage day):
    Run The Jewels
    Phoenix
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Pete Tong

SUNDAY:
    Margaret Glaspy
    Real Estate
    Mano Le Tough
    Father John Misty
    Soulwax

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

If it only rains through the night Saturday and early Sunday it's not the worst scenario. It'll mean the site will cut up a bit on Sunday and wellies will be needed but the weather Sunday through to Monday looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

These conflicting weather reports are going to give me a panic attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BigMo1 wrote: »

None of them are really conflicting anymore. Looks like we'll be getting wet Sat evening/night and a fair bit of Sun. Hopefully it changes again though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

BigMo1 wrote: »

If they're conflicting, you've found a bad weather source, because all the decent ones are pretty much agreeing on some rain overnight Saturday-Sunday, and Sunday being showery.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So far this is what I'm aiming for, although research is still ongoing. Some of these overlap, so will attempt to catch bits of each, where possible. Failing that, some last minute decisions will be made!

Friday
    18:45 Rejjie Snow
    21:00 Jenny Green & Orchestra
    21:30 Vince Staples
    22:30 The XX
    23:00 Bicep
    02:45 New Jackson

Saturday
    16:00 Lewis Capaldi
    18:00 Everything Everything
    19:30 Run The Jewels
    20:30 Mura Masa (may choose Eden though)
    21:30 Floating Points
    22:00 Annie Mac
    00:30 Pete Tong

Sunday
    15:30 King Kong Company
    16:15 Rag N Bone Man
    16:45 Alma
    18:30 Michael Kiwanuka
    19:15 Kweku Collins
    20:00 Mano Le Tough
    21:00 Tale of Us
    23:00 Kiasmos

Now I must go see who I'm leaving out. Productivity today is off the charts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

rizzle_g wrote: »
    You'll be a good bit away, depending on the car park. I slept in a friends van last year as my tent flooded and ended up waddling in to Hendrix for a toilet on Sunday morning. Make sure you use the loo before you head back to the van, dont drink once you're there and you'll be okay

Ya was thinking that I would be a fair bit away alright. The Hendrix is really far from the car park, would the Charlie Chaplin or Oscar Wilde capmsite be closer to the car park for toilets and showers and stuff?

huneybunny wrote: »
    Ya was thinking that I would be a fair bit away alright. The Hendrix is really far from the car park, would the Charlie Chaplin or Oscar Wilde capmsite be closer to the car park for toilets and showers and stiff?

There have been so many posts about this, but here's a repeat that should help:

https://twitter.com/deskofmatthew/status/901943661931503616

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Knex. wrote: »
    So far this is what I'm aiming for, although research is still ongoing. Some of these overlap, so will attempt to catch bits of each, where possible. Failing that, some last minute decisions will be made!

Friday

21:00 Jenny Green & Orchestra London Grammar

Now I must go see who I'm leaving out. Productivity today is off the charts! :pac:

FTFY ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

MJohnston wrote: »
    If they're conflicting, you've found a bad weather source, because all the decent ones are pretty much agreeing on some rain overnight Saturday-Sunday, and Sunday being showery.

I mean conflicting with this morning which seemed decent. Anyway, hope it changes for the better! Only a couple days now :cool:

FTFY ;)

Yeah, its definitely under consideration. Just I get the impression that Jenny Green with the orchestra may be a better spectacle. Not too sure how engaging London Grammar are live.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Hopefully it will start after Pete Tong finishes and stop before we get up in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Yeah Yr weather now giving a total of about 20mm of rain between 7pm on Saturday until 7am the following morning, with the worst times being after midnight on Saturday onwards.

Yeah Yr weather now giving a total of about 20mm of rain between 7pm on Saturday until 7am the following morning, with the worst times being after midnight on Saturday onwards.

20mm plus the continuing showers on Sunday would not lead to a pretty...site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

There have been so many posts about this, but here's a repeat that should help:

Wow, that's so helpful, thank you so much. And v sorry if im repeating questions that have already been asked...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

most of it overnight and the usually decent drainage on the site means it shouldn't be too bad. probably get away with leather runners on Sunday.

if it was on Friday with 2 days of people walking over it afterwards the place would be in bits.

Similar was forecasted for Body & Soul, right up until the Friday, and we ended up having a cracking weekend.

Its hard to tell in this country. That said, 20mm of rain wouldn't be that bad though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

20mm dropping over 12 hours onto a dry ground..... twill be grand !
    just wear appropriate gear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Hopefully it will start after Pete Tong finishes and stop before we get up in the morning :)

You're going to bed after Pete Tong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Be Festival Ready!!!

W6ew2xv.jpg

Print out small waterproof postcard timetables for when the phone dies or its raining heavily. Data taken from Clashfinder. Any major errors I can modify and re-upload.

Step 1
    Download the following PDF
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfomhbrxv8jxpq9/Electric%20Picnic%202017.pdf?dl=0

Step 2
    Print double sided making sure its the right way back to back and then laminate

Step 3
    Cut in four. Small children should get an adult to help them with scissors
    You can also cut the edges along the small crosses in the corner which are the bleed for a sharper more professional finish.

Step 4
    Laugh at others when their phone dies.

Yeah, its definitely under consideration. Just I get the impression that Jenny Green with the orchestra may be a better spectacle. Not too sure how engaging London Grammar are live.

I have only seen them the once .. in the EA(?) tent a couple of years back .. My mind was utterly blown... her voice is absolutely amazing live. Everyone was pretty much stunned by the beautiful sounds in that tent. Was up there with one of the best gigs I have ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Jenny Greene will be a poorer version of Pete.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    20mm dropping over 12 hours onto a dry ground..... twill be grand !
    just wear appropriate gear ;)

It isn't dropping that over 12 hours though. There's 3.6mm currently forecast on Netweather between 10pm Saturday and 1am Sunday, 10mm between 1am and 4am Sunday, then 6mm between 4am and 7am, the another 6.8mm between 7am and 10am. After that, it's lightening off significantly to about 6mm for the rest of Sunday.

• Advertisement

Lzmunky wrote: »
    You're going to bed after Pete Tong?

Probably getting up for mass...

Advertisement