Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

MJohnston wrote: »
    BigMo1 wrote: »
    These conflicting weather reports are going to give me a panic attack.

If they're conflicting, you've found a bad weather source, because all the decent ones are pretty much agreeing on some rain overnight Saturday-Sunday, and Sunday being showery.
    Hello Matthew you magnificent b**tard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Any idea where the Ticketmaster box office is located? Got Sunday tickets off Ticketmaster this morning when they went back on sale but said they were box office collection only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

rubick wrote: »
    Hello Matthew you magnificent b**tard. :D

Ack rubick, thought that was you a few pages back!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Lzmunky wrote: »
    You're going to bed after Pete Tong?

Not necessarily, but would be nice to get through it dry :D
    After that, I'll make it up as I go

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shimurr

Can't wait to go now! Have everything set and ready to go. As prepared as we can be for the weather. If it rains, be grand, everyone is in the same boat. Not gonna worry about it too much, just gonna go with the flow and enjoy!! :D

• Advertisement

Probably getting up for mass...

Dublin Gospel Choir is the nearest I would get. CBA to traipse into Stradbally. :P

I have only seen them the once .. in the EA(?) tent a couple of years back .. My mind was utterly blown... her voice is absolutely amazing live. Everyone was pretty much stunned by the beautiful sounds in that tent. Was up there with one of the best gigs I have ever been to.

I was there too, but got in late and was near the back. It was incredible, and probably the reason they went to the top of my must see list this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

jonny_b wrote: »
    Any idea where the Ticketmaster box office is located? Got Sunday tickets off Ticketmaster this morning when they went back on sale but said they were box office collection only.
    There was a tickemaster wagon in the green car park last year. An earlier poster said all day ticket holders would be parking in green so should be Easy to find

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Johnny boy85

Step 2
    Print double sided making sure its the right way back to back and then laminate

Step 3
    Cut in four. Small children should get an adult to help them with scissors
    You can also cut the edges along the small crosses in the corner which are the bleed for a sharper more professional finish.

Step 4
    Laugh at others when their phone dies.

You Sir, are a hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So is it going to rain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

ab4248 wrote: »
    There was a tickemaster wagon in the green car park last year. An earlier poster said all day ticket holders would be parking in green so should be Easy to find

worth checking with EP directly
    the year i had to pick up tickets it was at the main entrance (abbeyleix)
    where the public camp sites are, although it was friday and they were weekend tickets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

So is it going to rain?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So is it going to rain?

Take a left down the Timahoe Road ... you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Has the Play the Picnic schedule been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Hopefully the west breaks up that rain heading in for Saturday/Sunday somewhat.

All hope is not lost yet!

How many heads do you reckon that Red Bull Soundome can hold?
    I say 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dudda wrote: »
    Print out small waterproof postcard timetables for when the phone dies or its raining heavily. Data taken from Clashfinder. Any major errors I can modify and re-upload.

Step 1
    Download the following PDF
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfomhbrxv8jxpq9/Electric%20Picnic%202017.pdf?dl=0

Step 2
    Print double sided making sure its the right way back to back and then laminate

Step 3
    Cut in four. Small children should get an adult to help them with scissors
    You can also cut the edges along the small crosses in the corner which are the bleed for a sharper more professional finish.

Step 4
    Laugh at others when their phone dies.

Hero!

I've even included the Boards.ie logo should someone go posting it elsewhere!

7cqFULa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Dudda wrote: »
    I've even included the Boards.ie logo should someone go posting it elsewhere!

Doing God's work my friend.

How many heads do you reckon that Red Bull Soundome can hold?
    I say 12.

http://nialler9.com/red-bull-soundome-electric-picnic/ says 50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

You have to fight Master Blaster and win to stay for the next set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

your map is unreal MJohnston. the official maps are so ****, they let the graphic designers loose not caring if it's actually that accurate.

that Sunday night clash is the worst i've ever seen. soulwax, Duran Duran, pond, j hus, kiasmos and Ash. i'm leaning towards Soulwax at the moment, maybe Duran Duran

You have to fight Master Blaster and win to stay for the next set.

It reminds me of the rave dome they had way back in 2005, which was superb.

You heading this year again, Matthew?
    We're heading down tomorrow afternoon. Wee extra day does ye.

You heading this year again, Matthew?
    We're heading down tomorrow afternoon. Wee extra day does ye.

Yeah, we're in the campervans so we're heading down tomorrow afternoon as well. Bringing our toddler along for the second year in a row, so not the same kind of fun as days of old.

That's a legendary move, fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

There's a fair few campers gone over towards Stradbally already this eve through Carlow. Bit soon isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

jonny_b wrote: »
    There's a fair few campers gone over towards Stradbally already this eve through Carlow. Bit soon isn't it?

I think all volunteers have to sign in on Thursday morning for induction or something. If you've a long distance it's as easy to go Wednesday than very early Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 HoofHearted92

So is it going to rain?
    Take a left down the Timahoe Road ... you'll be grand

I have to admit, I've been a lurker on this thread for about 6 months, but this has just made me laugh way too loud at work, I just had to applaud!! Could have something to do with just finishing a 10 hour shift, on holidays now, and I'm super giddy.

Advertisement