Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I have a silly amount of work to do before I go but I'm getting nowhere, I'm too excited. Roll on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Big shout out to Everything Everything, who I've already named surprise of the festival. Take a bow lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Synode wrote: »
    I have a silly amount of work to do before I go but I'm getting nowhere, I'm too excited. Roll on Friday

I too have a list like a roll of toilet paper at work, but I've been on the doss all week... probably for the best as I'm just a liability at the moment. Roll on 4pm tomorrow. Championship haircut, few pints and bed early.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Will they play that song from the radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mani82

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Big shout out to Everything Everything, who I've already named surprise of the festival. Take a bow lads.

Agreed. Didn't know them until a few weeks back but they are one of my must sees now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Can't remember the last time I was as happy as when I hit "log off" on the work PC today.

Bu-bye job. Hello Picnic :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I have only seen them the once .. in the EA(?) tent a couple of years back .. My mind was utterly blown... her voice is absolutely amazing live. Everyone was pretty much stunned by the beautiful sounds in that tent. Was up there with one of the best gigs I have ever been to.

You've convinced me Pablo. Thanks for the passionate endorsement man.

Friday poor musically for me but that means a chance to check out artists I'm not fully impressed by & hope to be converted. LG fit that bill nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I updated my EP Real map a little bit:

https://twitter.com/deskofmatthew/status/902935613338525696

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Out of Office - on
    Have a great picnic folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

MJohnston wrote: »
    You absolutely cannot be getting any work done. MJ and Pablo to organise entire Picnic next year. Petition starts here.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You absolutely cannot be getting any work done. MJ and Pablo to organise entire Picnic next year. Petition starts here.

Im a full time dad, no job to be worrying about :D

Latest GFS run has the heavy rains arriving earlier on Saturday now, about 9pm. Sunday is a bit dryer as a result, but thats a massive disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

24 Heineken for €28 in O'Briens off licence, that'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

MJohnston wrote: »
    Latest GFS run has the heavy rains arriving earlier on Saturday now, about 9pm. Sunday is a bit dryer as a result, but thats a massive disappointment.

What's the probability that it will be dry compared to it will rain do you think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sun is over rated, b'sides, the crusties need a good wash.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

426619.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brodudemanpal

Anywhere to watch Ireland vs Georgia on site on Saturday?

In the past they've Often shown matches in the Irish language tent in mindfield. Live commentary as gaeilge included

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Out to the carpark listening on the car radio with a few cans, those irish away games are boring as hell to watch anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

maximoose wrote: »
    24 Heineken for €28 in O'Briens off licence, that'll do

Picked up a slab there earlier too! Cracking deal, considering 8 cans are going for €14.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Asking for a friend.

Getting from EP to Dublin for the AI final on the Sunday morning? Friend has to be in Dublin early Sunday morning, before 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

After much chopping and changing this is who I hope to see over the weekend:

Friday:
    Mix & Fairbanks
    Get Down Edits
    London Grammar
    The XX/Bicep
    Le Freak
    New Jackson

Saturday:
    Madness
    Phoenix
    Floating Points
    Le Galaxie/Jackmaster
    Tiga
    Cinema
    Le Boom

Sunday:
    Kíla
    King Kong Company
    Kellyann Byrne
    Real Estate
    Chaka Khan
    Late Nite Tuff Guy
    Duran Duran (could change to Soulwax)
    And then could be anywhere to finish.. Spoiled for choice with Mother DJs, Donal Dineen, Lil Dave & DJ Deece all playing closing sets!!

Slow Show wrote: »
    Asking for a friend.

Getting from EP to Dublin for the AI final on the Sunday morning? Friend has to be in Dublin early Sunday morning, before 11am

The ideal would be hitch a lift with someone leaving ep early on Sunday morning back to Dublin.

Maybe if they hung around the car park and asked ppl as they were leaving if they were going Dublin direction.

It's a bit unlikely though given that it will be early Sunday morning, the place will be like the land of the living dead.

Next best option would be taxi to port Laois and either train or bus to Dublin. I suspect the taxi would have to be pre booked for early Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Any sign of the Trailer Park lineup?

Times for Trailer Park now showing in the official app and in Clashfinder (so presumably in Pablo's app as well tho can't check as am iAppless)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Dutchy

rain has eased off... significantly... for Saturday night / Sunday morning according to yr.no. C'mon ye weather Gods - we know yer Duran Duran fans

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

Fri:
    Booka
    Harvest
    Divine Comedy
    London Grammar
    Mylo
    Pogueology
    Le Freak

Sat:
    Ukulele collective
    Louisiana 6
    Touts
    Mick Pyro
    Otherkin
    Declan McKenna
    Riptide Movement
    Madness
    These charming men
    Bill Bailey
    ATCQ
    Pete Tong

Sun:
    Gospel Choir
    Kila
    Blindboy
    Lemon Twigs
    Pretenders
    Rubberbandits
    Father John Misty
    Ash
    Jack L

Rough plan, hopefully can see most of these

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Some nice stuff there in Trailer Park for Friday & Saturday nights.

Like a kid at Christmas here!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Also picked up the 24 cans for 28 in O'Briens. The lad who served me said they have been flying out.

Really excited for my first picnic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Got 16 cans of desperado for a tenner in Tesco thanks to a scanning glitch. Beat that friends.

Advertisement