Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Beer in fridge, clothing verified as all there and correct, rain coat zipper checked, moon chair checked, water in boot of car, 15 mins to get it together tomorrow evening at some point.

excira and delira...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can ya buy camping chairs down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

D.Q wrote: »
    Got 16 cans of desperado for a tenner in Tesco thanks to a scanning glitch. Beat that friends.

That's not a glitch, it's a promotion. 4 x 4 packs for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Can ya buy camping chairs down there?

You can, but they aren't the greatest quality. Prone to shatter after a big fart.

Haha seriously? The manager immediately took down the sign and acted as if I'd shat on the floor for asking

• Advertisement

Lzmunky wrote: »
    You can, but they aren't the greatest quality. Prone to shatter after a big fart.

Sunglasses and a camping chair are the last two things on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 47 a-non

Hi all,
    Got an offer of a residents one day ticket does anyone know if these are legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Haha seriously? The manager immediately took down the sign and acted as if I'd shat on the floor for asking

Haha, yeah, got 36 myself :D Saw it on Facebook, I bled my Tesco dry but they've more coming in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

a-non wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Got an offer of a residents one day ticket does anyone know if these are legit?

Yes they are but obviously valid just for 1 day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Anyone know if Dunnes,Pennnys etc have any decent waterproof clothing. Raincoat is ripped, and waterproof hiking trousers are too tight. Ive a couple of cheap ponchos, but doubt they will protect anything! Cannot afford to spend much.either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Hoping to camp in Chaplin and park in the red car park around midday Friday , do I need to get on a certain road to get in there? Coming from the south west so will be coming from the Portlaoise side.. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

LowOdour wrote: »
    Anyone know if Dunnes,Pennnys etc have any decent waterproof clothing. Raincoat is ripped, and waterproof hiking trousers are too tight. Ive a couple of cheap ponchos, but doubt they will protect anything! Cannot afford to spend much.either :(

I bought a two piece in co-op superstore for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

askU wrote: »
    I bought a two piece in co-op superstore for €15

No store in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Gal44 wrote: »
    Hoping to camp in Chaplin and park in the red car park around midday Friday , do I need to get on a certain road to get in there? Coming from the south west so will be coming from the Portlaoise side.. cheers!

lol

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104489126&postcount=6912

• Registered Users Posts: 47 a-non

Yes they are but obviously valid just for 1 day

Thanks and you don't need show proof/ok for others to use? It says the paintball entrance not the main entrance for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gal44 wrote: »

You're really at the mercy of where the stewards send you tbh.

We had a great shortcut for getting to the family camping parking but they changed it up last year. They sent us through Waterford (slight exaggeration) to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shimurr

No store in Galway

Tesco do a similar two piece on the cheap, should do you for the 3 days!

a-non wrote: »
    Thanks and you don't need show proof/ok for others to use? It says the paintball entrance not the main entrance for some reason

I used one a few years ago and from memory they took it at the main entrance and gave me a wristband that said something like Saturday only. No questions were asked about if I'm a local etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Will this apply to all Tesco's and will it still be valid in the morning do you think?? I saw those 4 packs in my local Tesco so I'll be going back for them if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

Is there usually Garda checkpoints Monday morning on all routes out of stradbally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Tk max have a few decent rain jackets for 20-30 euro or else try the new regatta store in the eyre sq shopping store.

Is there usually Garda checkpoints Monday morning on all routes out of stradbally?

Yes, that's why I recommend bringing one of those breathalyzer kits with you.

Yes they do. And also this year they are saying there's going to be more of a Garda presence than ever before. Irish times article about it today, don't have a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

MJohnston wrote: »
    Yes, that's why I recommend bringing one of those breathalyzer kits with you.

Do the disposable ones in boots/Halford's do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

So I've someone living in Athy where I can have a shower and a fry on the Saturday morning (yes, be jealous). From experience will this be an awful inconvenience for the person picking me up? I'd like to think it wouldn't be thst busy around 11am/noon and back again at 3 or 4

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Slow Show wrote: »
    So I've someone living in Athy where I can have a shower and a fry on the Saturday morning (yes, be jealous). From experience will this be an awful inconvenience for the person picking me up? I'd like to think it wouldn't be thst busy around 11am/noon and back again at 3 or 4

In for a penny, in for a pound..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

No, it will be grand. There won't be any traffic worth talking about.

Doubt it would be too busy at that time. The bulk of the traffic is the Friday. Friday evening from 5 til around 9 or 10 is the real pinch point.

Do the disposable ones in boots/Halford's do the trick?

Yeah, those are the kinds that I mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

heres my tip of the day:

Want to camp in Joplin or Chaplin, but worried about the long walk to stock up on stuff? ... pop up tent in Hendrix and stash your wet gear and stuff. Just make sure you can find it after midnight* ... I have done this before and it has never let me down.

*Mine will have a Galway flag (this bit is a lie)

Advertisement