Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I'm gonna aim for chaplain. Won't be down until about 3 as my dad forgot hes supposed to pick my kids from school so hopefully there will still be space left there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Anyone know where i can pick up a power bank before Friday? Should have bought one from Amazon but totally forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

most places have them but frankly you'll pay through the nose, just looking at currys (spit) website, they've 10,000mAh ones for near 50 quid, i bought an anker from amazon a few years back for 25 and it's 15,000mAh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

What do you think the numbers will be like for Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Columc wrote: »
    What do you think the numbers will be like for Thursday?

At EP? low enough, maybe 3000? It's a guess.

At work? Non existent. Zero. I'm going to sit there and do NOTHING!!!

• Advertisement

Weather forecast looking nailed on now. Showers and light rain and drizzle from Saturday evening to Sunday morning.. could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

Can you hire wheel barrows at the site? A friend said you can but I can't see any reference to it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

LG1234 wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can pick up a power bank before Friday? Should have bought one from Amazon but totally forgot
    From today.
    https://www.aldi.ie/bauhn-multipurpose-powerbank/p/079195166617000

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Happy to see all the greedy f***s who were trying to rip people off with stupid priced tickets and campervan passes being left hanging 😊 hope they recycle their waste

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Probably a massive long shot but seems as though weekend tickets have gone back on sale on Ticketmaster what would be the chances of Sunday tickets going on sale? A mate of mine is working on Fri and Sat but said he would go for the Sunday if he could get a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

LG1234 wrote:

Halfords also have good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Halfords also have good selection.

got a portable charger in Argos for about a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭endainoz

And so begins the most unproductive work day Of The year. Glad the forecast has improved for Saturday night too. The wet gear will still be packed though. Can't wait to crack open that first can in pink moon at about midday tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What is the crack with the rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Genuinely not sure if people are trolling anymore with the weather and directions questions...

Im just going to bring Vodka with me tomorrow. I cant be arsed to carry slabs of beer from the car park to the campsite :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

endainoz wrote: »
    And so begins the most unproductive work day Of The year. Glad the forecast has improved for Saturday night too. The wet gear will still be packed though. Can't wait to crack open that first can in pink moon at about midday tomorrow!

I hear ya!! Can't wait to get down there around 6 tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

How far of a walk is it from the Campervan site to Stradbally?

Also do they still have stalls there that will inflate your mattress?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Genuinely not sure if people are trolling anymore with the weather and directions questions...

Yeah that was a bit of a troll, sorry i'm just excited.

PREPARE FOR RAIN LATE SAT AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING PEOPLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Packed up the Campervan late last night and discovered one of the back tyres was flatter than my old Da's midlands accent!
    Shower also appears to be on the blink- a great start to the weekend :)!!

Also Pablo's tip for a utility tent to stash stuff away in one of the Gen-pop sites is a good one- the walk from the main arena out to Joplin & the general campervan site can be muderation on the legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭endainoz

Only major clash I have is between Ash and Duran Duran on Sunday. Legends and all as they are, I'd forgotten how good Ash are so it's a tough choice. Only other clash worth noting is Jenny Greene and London grammar but London grammar definitely wins out there, we have Pete Tong on Saturday night anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

How far of a walk is it from the Campervan site to Stradbally?

Also do they still have stalls there that will inflate your mattress?

Ask one of your neighbours for one. 99.9% of folks out in the Campervan site are obliging, sound souls. This will save you an unnecessary walk into Stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Couldnt sleep last night, eventually did but woke with a temperature and a sore throat.

THERE IS NO GOD! Was sick as a dog at christmas too. Why, just why.

Still going though:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Couldnt sleep last night, eventually did but woke with a temperature and a sore throat.

Dance fever?

Ken Tucky wrote: »

Same bloody thing happened to me. I woke at 4am shivering and sweating at the same time. Thirsty as hell as well. I went downstairs to get some water and i thought I was going to faint I felt that weak. Managed to sleep for another 2 hours and didnt feel as bad when I woke. Took two Neurofen and came into work. If I still feel crappy later I am going to leave work early and go home to sleep. Aint no way I am missing EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

gazzer wrote: »
    Same bloody thing happened to me. I woke at 4am shivering and sweating at the same time. Thirsty as hell as well. I went downstairs to get some water and i thought I was going to faint I felt that weak. Managed to sleep for another 2 hours and didnt feel as bad when I woke. Took two Neurofen and came into work. If I still feel crappy later I am going to leave work early and go home to sleep. Aint no way I am missing EP.

I've been sick all week today is the first day I feel better. Bloody sinus infection. I'm left with a bloody bark of a cough so if anyone hears that you know it will be me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Weather forecast looking nailed on now. Showers and light rain and drizzle from Saturday evening to Sunday morning.. could be worse.

Not sure where you got that from, Saturday night is looking pretty wet tbh.

I posted a forecast to my Carlow Weather Page last night and looking this morning it is pretty much the same but we will high res charts tonight will give better detail.

Forecast:
    https://www.facebook.com/CarlowWeather/photos/a.367248620017722.84822.152080598201193/1423376437738263/?type=3&theater

I'll have an update later and some photos from over the site today

I feel grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Asked before but got no reply, has the Play the Picnic schedule been released? Are there a few others that haven't been also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Same as myself. WTF

Advertisement