Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

They'll be on the Pyramid stage, don't think there's going to be any doubt about that.
    MadYaker wrote: »
    You must be on drugs. They've headlined the festival twice before.

Just for the record, I wasn't suggesting that Radiohead won't be headlining the Pyramid Stage. Of course they will. I was wondering where you and everyone else would put them if you had the choice. Personally I'd have them on the Other Stage. I've been lucky enough to see them twice before and the smaller the area the better. But that's just me. That's why I'm extra-excited about the continued speculation about their presence at EP. It's a perfect stage for their type of sound, much the same as LCD Soundsystem who also benefit from smaller spaces. But hey, it's Radiohead and it's Glastonbury so I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So anyone announced for this yet. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Nope, not a sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Any non-headlining suitable acts that have never played and due an appearance?

Off the top of my head there's Squeeze, Pixies, Ryan Adams, Joanna Newsom, Heaven 17, The Pop Group, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Van Morrison, Lush, The Invisible, Iggy Pop (solo), Tricky, Courtney Barnett, Father John Misty, Anna Calvi, Sufjan Stevens, Wand, Deerhunter, Beak, John Carpenter, Teenage Fanclub, Arab Strap, Michael Rother, Alt-J and Sharon Van Etten. Surely a chance of the odd one from that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Off the top of my head there's Squeeze, Pixies, Ryan Adams, Joanna Newsom, Heaven 17, The Pop Group, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Van Morrison, Lush, The Invisible, Iggy Pop (solo), Tricky, Courtney Barnett, Father John Misty, Anna Calvi, Sufjan Stevens, Wand, Deerhunter, Beak, John Carpenter, Michael Rother, Alt-J and Sharon Van Etten. Surely a chance of the odd one from that lot.

Justice?

New album out late November. Could be in with a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Off the top of my head there's Squeeze, Pixies, Ryan Adams, Joanna Newsom, Heaven 17, The Pop Group, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Van Morrison, Lush, The Invisible, Iggy Pop (solo), Tricky, Courtney Barnett, Father John Misty, Anna Calvi, Sufjan Stevens, Wand, Deerhunter, Beak, John Carpenter, Michael Rother, Alt-J and Sharon Van Etten. Surely a chance of the odd one from that lot.

If they're touring next year I hope Courtney Barnet and Jagwar Ma are added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'd give my left arm to see Sufjan Stevens, though I'd much rather an indoor setting for him instead of a chatty festival atmosphere. I've waited a decade, it'd want to be perfect now...

I'd be stunned if you didn't get a few of those. Alt-J will be around next year if they have an album out and they were excellent as Longitude headliners. They'd be in a fairly prominent slot if they played I'd say - think Tame Impala or Foals the last time they both did. In fact, Emily Eavis said their next Glastonbury slot would be a headliner role so ...

I keep expecting Pixies and Iggy pop to turn up but I guess the schedules haven't synced yet.

And Courtney Barnett and Father John Misty were both a bit meh at Longitude this summer - just the wrong setting IMO. Right stage at EP and they'd slay it.

I'm gonna throw M83 into the list and then revert to a few acts who played a while back but not for a few years in Beirut and James Blake. Add to those Dirty Projectors and James Vincent McMorrow and I'd be very happy even without the r-word (who were announced for a Danish festival called Northside today...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If they're touring next year I hope Courtney Barnet and Jagwar Ma are added.

They looked knackered the last time they played, at the end of a summer tour. Would love to see them back and heard good things about the new album. Also the full Avalanches band (not the crap DJ set) , Robert Forster & Bad Seeds and let's make it a big Aussie fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Anyone else be into seeing the courteeners at it or am I the only person😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id rather sh!t in my hands and clap to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'd give my left arm to see Sufjan Stevens, though I'd much rather an indoor setting for him instead of a chatty festival atmosphere. I've waited a decade, it'd want to be perfect now...

I'd be stunned if you didn't get a few of those. Alt-J will be around next year if they have an album out and they were excellent as Longitude headliners. They'd be in a fairly prominent slot if they played I'd say - think Tame Impala or Foals the last time they both did. In fact, Emily Eavis said their next Glastonbury slot would be a headliner role so ...

I keep expecting Pixies and Iggy pop to turn up but I guess the schedules haven't synced yet.

And Courtney Barnett and Father John Misty were both a bit meh at Longitude this summer - just the wrong setting IMO. Right stage at EP and they'd slay it.

I'm gonna throw M83 into the list and then revert to a few acts who played a while back but not for a few years in Beirut and James Blake. Add to those Dirty Projectors and James Vincent McMorrow and I'd be very happy even without the r-word (who were announced for a Danish festival called Northside today...)

If Alt-J were announced I'd buy every single ticket and have them play an intimate gig just to me. I love them that much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

You mean, Clap your hands say yeah?

Snarky Snark Snark

There's certain websites that will pay for that live on webcam...

just saying....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Quick q - if one was to buy an early bird installment ticket now, how would it work? Pay €70 now? Then when are the payments after that taken out?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

leakyboots wrote: »
    Quick q - if one was to buy an early bird installment ticket now, how would it work? Pay €70 now? Then when are the payments after that taken out?

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info

Radiohead appear to be gradually announcing festival appearances around Europe next summer, some big some small. Dare we hope for an EP announcement in weeks / days to come!?! I don't mind so much as I'll see them at Glastonbury but it seems like a possibility at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Sorry haven't checked in here in awhile but was I right in hearing that early bird tickets had sold out, I was under that impression anyways. But they are on sale on ticket master tonight.. Just got mine

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

It was the €165/€185/€205 loyalty tickets that sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

But my point is the €205 tickets are on sale on website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Wildsurfer wrote:
    But my point is the €205 tickets are on sale on website now.

Yes but you asked did you hear right that the early bird sold out and he responded saying it was the loyalty that sold out. Not the early bird.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Sorry dude, maybe I got the prices wrong. They were selling 'loyalty' tickets at a discounted price(s) for those who had been to Electric Picnic before, your discount depended on how many you'd been to. These sold out recently. The 'early bird' tickets have been on sale since the start of September without interruption & though they are discounted they're not as cheap as the loyalty tickets. Hope this clears it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Ticket finally bought..now to continue hoping and wishing for Avalanches, Gorillaz and Stone Roses.. saw Talking Heads being mentioned a while back as I was lurking in the shadows, that'd be a dream!

Sylvan Esso, The Dø, Girlband and Gidge for smaller stages..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Radiohead announce more festival dates for 2017, so still a poss for EP.

http://pitchfork.com/news/69387-radiohead-announce-2017-festival-dates/?mbid=social_facebook

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

The last one there is two months before EP, that's not looking so good unless they announce a few more and are not heading off state side or elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Just play Ireland, I don't care where but it's been too long.

Radiohead playing the 3 arena on the 20th of June so that likely rules out an EP appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

excellent* news that Radiohead are doing a gig in the 3Arena in June 2017

*excellent in so far it kills the speculation of them playing EP next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

LowOdour wrote: »
    excellent* news that Radiohead are doing a gig in the 3Arena in June 2017

*excellent in so far it kills the speculation of them playing EP next year

delighted it will be a different headliner

At least now we know and we won't have the "will they won't they" saga dragging on for the best part of a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

At least now we know and we won't have the "will they won't they" saga dragging on for the best part of a year.

you never know - florence played 3arena the next night after EP so wouldnt rule it out. the saga continues.

Advertisement