Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ordered a 10,000 mah powerbank off tomtop over a month ago (€22) and had accepted that i had been swindled, as i couldnt contact the seller at all.

so off to aldi this morning to pick one of their specials up (7800 mah for €15)..... grand no problem.

and what arrives in the post a few minutes ago ..............

Eurogiant are selling 10,000 mah for €15 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anyone on site? Give us an aul update !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

dolallyoh wrote: »
    Eurogiant are selling 10,000 mah for €15 at the moment.

I bought one of those from Eurogiant about 18 months ago and it went on fire while our kids were using it in the back of the campervan driving to the south of France.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Fvcking major panic last night. Caravan wouldn't unhitch and the the jockey wheel thread is fubar, so it collapsed. Very narrow gate and I am ****e at reversing these things, so I was stuck in my driveway. WD40, some bricks and a car jack got it unhitched this morning. Then off on me bike to a local trailer place, new jockey wheel ... back in the game and all before 9.30 ... panic over.

Had a similar issue with a jockey wheel previously. Last minute job to fix it as per standard.
    Caravans are always a mare- I spent last Sunday trying to figure out how we attached the awning to the side of a pal's one. It took 4 of us to figure it out (2 of them engineers. Nearly came to blows on several occasions!!) Will all be worth the hassle this weekend of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

. Then off on me bike to a local trailer place, new jockey wheel ... back in the game and all before 9.30 ... panic over.

Out of interest, where did you pick up the jockey wheel? Ours has been broken for over a year so we've had to do a lot of reversing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

You can't do this from regular campsites.

Cheers, I kind of assumed as much, but wanted to check.

Wonder why though, as by rights, everyone is there on the same festival ticket.

Anyone on site? Give us an aul update !!!

Speaking to my crew pass providers last night- it was bloody cold down by the main arena. Bit mucky in places, should hold up providing the rain aint too heavy or persistent but bring wellies/ boots

*Edit - I didn't get any word on what the Gen-pop campsites are like

room_149 wrote: »
    Had a similar issue with a jockey wheel previously. Last minute job to fix it as per standard.
    Caravans are always a mare- I spent last Sunday trying to figure out how we attached the awning to the side of a pal's one. It took 4 of us to figure it out (2 of them engineers. Nearly came to blows on several occasions!!) Will all be worth the hassle this weekend of course!

Caravan has an awning and I have no intention of taking it out to put it up. Might have a look around and see if i can pick up a cheap end of season gazebo thingy.

Caravan has an awning and I have no intention of taking it out to put it up. Might have a look around and see if i can pick up a cheap end of season gazebo thingy.

It's worth the hassle if you have a few bods to help out

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Linda88

Hey sorry if this has already been asked.
    Havent been to Ep in ages just wondering what the story is with showers there?
    Also has anyone used the heinken cold rooms? Worth while?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

room_149 wrote: »
    It's worth the hassle if you have a few bods to help out

I might give it a shot tomorrow morning

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Out of interest, where did you pick up the jockey wheel? Ours has been broken for over a year so we've had to do a lot of reversing!

Local place in Dungarvan, Beresford's Trailers. Its only 5 minutes form me luckily. Most towns will have a "trailer place". Halfords have them also I think. make sure you get the right size, 48mm seems to be the most common diameter size. That was mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Charlie wrote: »

because pink moon shouldn't be doing it - they are turning a blind eye

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Hi, just wondering can you bring your own bottles of water in to the main stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

huneybunny wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering can you bring your own bottles of water in to the main stage?

They'll probably ask you to empty them on the way in but there will be water points inside the main arena where you can refill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Charlie wrote: »

There's an official bar inside Pink Moon so people could be taking plastic glasses from there.

Though this year there's a bar at the Salty Dog so the same could apply st that entrance. But probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭joejoew

gazzer wrote: »
    Probably a massive long shot but seems as though weekend tickets have gone back on sale on Ticketmaster what would be the chances of Sunday tickets going on sale? A mate of mine is working on Fri and Sat but said he would go for the Sunday if he could get a ticket.
    Sunday tickets up on TM at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There's an official bar inside Pink Moon so people could be taking glasses from there.

Though this year there's a bar at the Salty Dog so the same could apply st that entrance. But probably won't.

yeah its proper heineken plastic pint cups from the bar people take to fill with cans on way into arena from pink moon so security probably don't care too much as its not noticed inside, as opposed to if people were seen to be flooding into the arena with cans etc from that part of the arena.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

huneybunny wrote: »

Sealed below 500ml is fine, according to their website. They have a massive list of what you can and can't bring into the campsite and into the arena. Lots of other info there too

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/essentials

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There's an official bar inside Pink Moon so people could be taking glasses from there.

There's been a bar at the Salty Dog for the past few years (small one, just to the left of the stage. Great spot for when it rains!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Pissing rain in portlaoise. Bring the wellies tomorrow

Mate's 1985 campervan just passed its CVRT this morning.... We will be having cold beers in the portable houses tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Pissing rain in portlaoise. Bring the wellies tomorrow
    looks like it's only going to get worse for the rest of the day, wouldn't fancy putting up a tent this evening.

latest GFS weather run looks like a manky Saturday night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Clashfinder print formatting.....

hi all
    doing a print of the clashfinder here and i cant read it to save my life
    i have it on the biggest font "magoo" but still cant read an A4
    i have it as it is by default (2 landscape pages for each day)
    ive printed it every year for the last four years and while never big
    i could always read it, any pearls of wisdom for me?

thanks

W6ew2xv.jpg
    I made this post a few pages back which has printable time tables.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104534395&postcount=7697

The text is kinda small at font size 7 so just for you I've modified it so it's super sized at A4 for every day. It's 14.5 now maybe able to read it without reading glasses.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/he9xkpwirw56nzs/Electric%20Picnic%202017%20-%20Super%20Sized.pdf?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Linda88 wrote: »
    Hey sorry if this has already been asked.
    Havent been to Ep in ages just wondering what the story is with showers there?
    Also has anyone used the heinken cold rooms? Worth while?
    Thanks

There are showers in Hendrix, as well as ones in Pink Moon and Boutique camping. The Hendrix ones are sponsored by Nivea, so they hand out Nivea shower gel etc. They are free. Depending on the time you may have a long or short queue. Definitely worth it if the queue isn't massive, to feel human again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rizzle_g

Kepler21 wrote: »
    There are showers in Hendrix, as well as ones in Pink Moon and Boutique camping. The Hendrix ones are sponsored by Nivea, so they hand out Nivea shower gel etc. They are free. Depending on the time you may have a long or short queue. Definitely worth it if the queue isn't massive, to feel human again.

I've showered on Saturday morning at about 10am in the Hendrix showers the last two years, there's no queue to speak of because no one's that manky yet. I think it's win win because you feel grand on Sunday (when the shower queues are huge) and sure you're going home on Monday anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

joejoew wrote: »
    Sunday tickets up on TM at the moment

Just saw your post now. Checked the site and only weekend tickets for sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

looks like it's only going to get worse for the rest of the day, wouldn't fancy putting up a tent this evening.

latest GFS weather run looks like a manky Saturday night too.

Fingers stuck firmly in ears. Child of Prague statue in garden. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭joejoew

gazzer wrote: »
    Just saw your post now. Checked the site and only weekend tickets for sale now.

Keep trying, I've seen them up a few times yesterday and this morning, including just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Fingers stuck firmly in ears. Child of Prague statue in garden. ;)

Whatever about the rain it's getting feckin cold out there. Leathers/woolies a must.

Advertisement