Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

If anyone wants to meet up in the campervan field for a cold one tonight .. send me a PM when you are on site ... probably wont arrive before 9 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

joejoew wrote: »
    Keep trying, I've seen them up a few times yesterday and this morning, including just now.

also seems to be quite a bit of activity on Twitter #ticketfairy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I was near the site this morning, the ground is soft in spots where there has been traffic but not bad.

A few tweaks to my forecast for Carlow Weather last night below along with some photos I took this morning near the site, in short very cold tomorrow night and wet to very wet Saturday night but mild and mild Sunday with showers.

Friday then sees the start of Electric Picnic up the road in Stradbally and it looks a good day with some sunny spells and up to 18c in a Northwest breeze.
    It will turn cool Friday night once the sun sets, getting down to around 7c so you might want some thermals for the tent ��

Saturday will start off a great day with any early fog clearing to give a nice morning and afternoon with sunny spells and up to 18c. The Southerly winds will increase in the afternoon and cloud will build.

The rain that was expected on Sunday now looks likely to arrive late Saturday evening, it will start off light but turn heavy after around midnight and winds will increase a little more to strong winds at times, so basically a mild, wet and windy Saturday night so you won't want any holes in the tent and you might want some wellies for Sunday morning!

Sunday morning then will start off damp but the band or rain will clear early enough Sunday and it will get warm up to 20c but some showers also for the rest of Sunday, Easterly winds easing through the day.

A mild night Sunday night and Monday morning with just some showers.

I'll have another updated forecast later tonight on my Carlow Weather Facebook page.

36797208711_4feefb96e5_c.jpgDJI_0059 by WeatherSnapper, on Flickr

36797207891_c7c5150c14_c.jpgDJI_0057 by WeatherSnapper, on Flickr

36540656540_66df736fde_c.jpgDJI_0068 by WeatherSnapper, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

joejoew wrote: »
    Keep trying, I've seen them up a few times yesterday and this morning, including just now.

Will do. Thanks joejoew

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Just packing the car now to go meet my Dad who is delivering the sacred campervan to me in Stradbally! The excitement is palpable.

Other campervan folks - is there usually access to food on Thursday evening in EP sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Dudda wrote: »
    W6ew2xv.jpg
    I made this post a few pages back which has printable time tables.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104534395&postcount=7697

The text is kinda small at font size 7 so just for you I've modified it so it's super sized at A4 for every day. It's 14.5 now maybe able to read it without reading glasses.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/he9xkpwirw56nzs/Electric%20Picnic%202017%20-%20Super%20Sized.pdf?dl=0

these look class.... pity i dont have a lamiator though! ... big zip lock may do the trick!

Deeluu wrote: »
    Just packing the car now to go meet my Dad who is delivering the sacred campervan to me in Stradbally! The excitement is palpable.

Other campervan folks - is there usually access to food on Thursday evening in EP sites?

Nothing open the last couple of years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

huneybunny wrote: »
    Ah damn do they allow or check water bottles?

Screwtop Capri suns.....gods gift to you

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Deeluu wrote: »

Usually nothing open, might be different this year on account of the early access

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There's an official bar inside Pink Moon so people could be taking glasses from there.

Though this year there's a bar at the Salty Dog so the same could apply st that entrance. But probably won't.

I was thinking the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

declanleo wrote: »

Sports savers in Heatons have loads of them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

declanleo wrote: »

Aah great idea..:D:D

Bad form from all the big supermarkets not doing much deals on slabs this year, tesco only had that canadian piss, no thanks. Neighbour gave me some dunnes vouchers which I used in Tesco, managed to get 36 cans of heineken and a bottle of Jemeson for €50 : )

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

You're welcome for the app... wristbands are the same.

Your app is deadly. Thanks for taking the time to set it up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

RastaRed wrote: »
    Bad form from all the big supermarkets not doing much deals on slabs this year, tesco only had that canadian piss, no thanks. Neighbour gave me some dunnes vouchers which I used in Tesco, managed to get 36 cans of heineken and a bottle of Jemeson for €50 : )

I got 24 cans of Heineken for 28 quid a couple of weeks back in Tesco... get your stuff early is key.

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Your app is deadly. Thanks for taking the time to set it up:)

You are welcome. To be honest, once I had it done for the last few years, its just a couple of hours work on android. iPhone is a whole different story and I just didn't get the time this year.

Feel free to leave a glowing (or not so glowing) review on the Play Store (shameless plug!)

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I got 24 cans of Heineken for 28 quid a couple of weeks back in Tesco... get your stuff early is key.

I know, probably would have ended up drinking them all well before EP though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I know, probably would have ended up drinking them all well before EP though :)

Mate of mine started drinking -cans and naggins-on an early bus from cork to the picnic few years back. Fell asleep woke up in a panic and was absolutely plastered hanging around the car park/front entrance for most of Friday afternoon. Hangover kicked in around 9pm he said it was a case of premature canulation lol

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

ChannelNo5 wrote:
    Your app is deadly. Thanks for taking the time to set it up

We need to get "Pabloroy- what a legend" t-shirts made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

How far of a walk is it from the Campervan site to Stradbally?

Also do they still have stalls there that will inflate your mattress?
    room_149 wrote: »
    Ask one of your neighbours for one. 99.9% of folks out in the Campervan site are obliging, sound souls. This will save you an unnecessary walk into Stradbally

Cheers, but the two questions are unrelated :) I need to head into Stradbally at some point.

Anyone know the walking distance from the campsite to Stradbally village?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

someone earlier on in the week was looking to order off the ep off license but it closed Monday. I have ordered 24 desperados for €62. Nobody in my tent will go halves and I don't fancy the 13 min trek each way to the Hendrix site to collect my bottles. Pm me if someone wants my my order number and email address for the beer. You pay the off licence on the day.
    First person to pm me can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have ordered 24 desperados for €62.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Cheers, but the two questions are unrelated :) I need to head into Stradbally at some point.

Anyone know the walking distance from the campsite to Stradbally village?

It's a about 25-30mins of a walk from the Campervan site now due to the health and safety restrictions in place (they've fenced fenced off part of the road and make punters walk through the field running alongside)

As for Air Matress- Joe Bananas or the like might have a pumping service over in Hendrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

full weekend tickets up on sale on TM, massive availability still.

Mate of mine started drinking -cans and naggins-on an early bus from cork to the picnic few years back. Fell asleep woke up in a panic and was absolutely plastered hanging around the car park/front entrance for most of Friday afternoon. Hangover kicked in around 9pm he said it was a case of premature canulation lol

:D that was me at one stage years ago, still know a few like that now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

For those who were reporting waking up dying this morning, just wanted to say there's a proverbial dose going round - girl in my work had it last week and I had it this week.
    The good news, I was 90% better after 24 hours and 100% better next day..
    She was the same..

Anyway, power on through with your medications of choice, and put off the suffering till next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

UsedToWait wrote: »
    For those who were reporting waking up dying this morning, just wanted to say there's a proverbial dose going round - girl in my work had it last week and I had it this week.
    The good news, I was 90% better after 24 hours and 100% better next day..
    She was the same..

Anyway, power on through with your medications of choice, and put off the suffering till next week!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

room_149 wrote: »
    It's a about 25-30mins of a walk from the Campervan site now due to the health and safety restrictions in place (they've fenced fenced off part of the road and make punters walk through the field running alongside)

As for Air Matress- Joe Bananas or the like might have a pumping service over in Hendrix.

Thank you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Sports savers in Heatons have loads of them;)

Up in the Square and cant see them

Advertisement