Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Belting Funeral by band of horses on the stereo as I leave work behind me. What a lovely tingly feeling. Bring it on, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

RE: clashfinder printing tiny text...
    BlaaEater wrote: »
    Remove any stages you're not too arsed about (in settings)...

it looks grand on screen with the big font but when i print its like the defalult with tiny fonts? any thoughts? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I've been out of the country/ mental with work etc so I have absolutely nothing ready this year. I'd ordinarily be prepared with 17 lists and 14 packets of wipes weeks and weeks ago. It was only last night that it dawned on me it was so close - had to get out of bed and check where I'd hid the tickets (and like others am currently in work, swamped with work but actually doing no work). Some may say the fact that I never unpacked from B&S in June was bad form (I did wash the clothes to be fair) but I think its pure genius on my part, as I reckon/ am hoping the majority of what I need is in there. Job done.

Anyway, thanks for sharing gig lists - a read through the thread today has helped me decide my plan. Was delighted to hear The Riptide Movement were added last week.

Am going with:
    Booka Brass
    Harvest
    Maybe Hudson Taylor
    The Divine Comedy
    London Grammar
    Stomptown Brass
    Dublin Ukulele Collective (always miss them)
    The Riptide Movement
    Madness
    These Charming Men
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    King Kong Company

Glen Hansard is appearing in the Jerry Fish tent, isn't he?

Plan on loads of comedy and Mindfield this year.

Husband currently out procuring bags of cans.

On a final note, can I just add that for the last 3 years I thought MJohnston was a woman and today I've realised he is not a woman and that's ****ed with my head a bit. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Happy festivalling all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

On a final note, can I just add that for the last 3 years I thought MJohnston was a woman and today I've realised he is not a woman and that's ****ed with my head a bit. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Happy festivalling all!!

Sure some people make that mistake in real life too ;) I think it's the staying home to mind the baby thing that does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

cathalj wrote: »
    Cheers, afraid my wine might taste of Capri-sun ..... might use as a last resort though !

Get a platypus from Great Outdoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Are you lads just strolling in with those Capri Sun bottles or sticking 'em down your jocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nice one. Tent pegs will go in easier.

Best glass half full comment today.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

cathalj wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can buy screw top pouches for holding drinks ?

Try Londis or centra for Capri Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I've been out of the country/ mental with work etc so I have absolutely nothing ready this year. I'd ordinarily be prepared with 17 lists and 14 packets of wipes weeks and weeks ago. It was only last night that it dawned on me it was so close - had to get out of bed and check where I'd hid the tickets (and like others am currently in work, swamped with work but actually doing no work). Some may say the fact that I never unpacked from B&S in June was bad form (I did wash the clothes to be fair) but I think its pure genius on my part, as I reckon/ am hoping the majority of what I need is in there. Job done.

Anyway, thanks for sharing gig lists - a read through the thread today has helped me decide my plan. Was delighted to hear The Riptide Movement were added last week.

Am going with:
    Booka Brass
    Harvest
    Maybe Hudson Taylor
    The Divine Comedy
    London Grammar
    Stomptown Brass
    Dublin Ukulele Collective (always miss them)
    The Riptide Movement
    Madness
    These Charming Men
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    King Kong Company

Glen Hansard is appearing in the Jerry Fish tent, isn't he?

Plan on loads of comedy and Mindfield this year.

Husband currently out procuring bags of cans.

Happy festivalling all!!

PMSL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Are you lads just strolling in with those Capri Sun bottles or sticking 'em down your jocks?

down the bags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

sticking down the jocks, you can't let them see any drinks.

i don't like the capri suns as only holds 200ml. i like to gaffertape 500m bottles of buckie and maybe a can to back of my legs! they never check down that far, haven't been caught yet. you should be bringing gaffer tape for the tent anyway. it can be a bit painful ripping the drinks off when you get inside the arena but i'm liquored up anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

sticking down the jocks, you can't let them see any drinks.

i don't like the capri suns as only holds 200ml. i like to gaffertape 500m bottles of buckie and maybe a can to back of my legs! they never check down that far, haven't been caught yet. you should be bringing gaffer tape for the tent anyway. it can be a bit painful ripping the drinks off when you get inside the arena but i'm liquored up anyway

Sweet jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

[quote=Canneverfindit;104545161

Happy festivalling all!![/quote]

Ah, but what a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

i like to gaffertape 500m bottles of buckie and maybe a can to back of my legs! they never check down that far, haven't been caught yet.

I hope I somehow meet you this weekend. My hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Hey Guys, just wondering Is there a full bar near the main stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

huneybunny wrote: »

there sure is

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Who was talking recently about somewhere in Body & Soul late at night playing some lovely noise/binaural beats type thing....

Could it have been Brian Dillon?
    Sat - Peace Pagoda - 2:15am (Ambient/Electronic/Noise)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Here is the map of Electric Picnic. Plenty of bars around and 2 near the main stage

http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.3197162.1503587081!/menu/standard/file/EP%202017_Public%20Map_IRISHTIMES_2610_V2.pdf

Though when you say FULL BAR what exactly do you mean? Usually there are only certain types of beer/cider sold. Not too sure on the spirts situation at those bars

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

wont be full till tomorrow ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi everyone, bit of a last minute panic but I am printing out all the stuff I need for EP (Map, camping booking, entry ticket etc) but I can't find the email with my actual EP ticket!!

Anyone know what email address it would have come from or whether these were posted out? I booked this time last year. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

gazzer wrote: »
    Here is the map of Electric Picnic. Plenty of bars around and 2 near the main stage

http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.3197162.1503587081!/menu/standard/file/EP%202017_Public%20Map_IRISHTIMES_2610_V2.pdf

Though when you say FULL BAR what exactly do you mean? Usually there are only certain types of beer/cider sold. Not too sure on the spirts situation at those bars

Couple of nice cocktail/gin bars around too. No one is going thirsty anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

kingtut wrote: »
    Hi everyone, bit of a last minute panic but I am printing out all the stuff I need for EP (Map, camping booking, entry ticket etc) but I can't find the email with my actual EP ticket!!

Anyone know what email address it would have come from or whether these were posted out? I booked this time last year. Thanks in advance :)

Your ticketmaster account? That will tell you if it's a hard copy or pdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

D.Q wrote: »
    Couple of nice cocktail/gin bars around too. No one is going thirsty anyway

Yeah I am going to try a few cocktails this year. Im not a fan of gin and I had my fill of Mojitos last time I was at EP :):) Time for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Drinks things in kids section of Mr. Price. I got a caterpillar one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

andreac wrote: »
    Your ticketmaster account? That will tell you if it's a hard copy or pdf.

Hmm ticketmaster account not showing any reference to EP ... I have my camping confirmation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I don't think EP did any print off tickets? :confused:
    So you should've gotten it in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

So our friends from the overseas have just realised they forgot their EP tickets, they bought them through Viagogo. Does anyone know if there's anyway they can get their tickets e-printed or something? Think they just rang up customer service for viagogo and they said they can't, just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience, freaking out a bit here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hmm ticketmaster account not showing any reference to EP ... I have my camping confirmation though.

Unless you bought them off someone 2nd hand, there would be a record on your ticketmaster account as that is the only place they are officially sold afaik?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

So our friends from the overseas have just realised they forgot their EP tickets, they bought them through Viagogo. Does anyone know if there's anyway they can get their tickets e-printed or something? Think they just rang up customer service for viagogo and they said they can't, just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience, freaking out a bit here!

Buy new ones

Advertisement