Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Whats the craic with this Clashfinder? Made by a boardsie ? Any eta on when itll be printable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Give us an aul site update ;)

Walk ways around salty dog, trenchtown, Hazelwood are muddy at all the crossroads but not too bad. Grass in Joplin seems a good bit longer than last year �� but that could be just me. More people here than I thought but your not missing anything. Hopefully it makes a difference for queues tomorrow....ive never seen Hendrix so empty��
    Ps it's getting cold already

• Registered Users Posts: 15,662 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

haitens wrote: »
    Walk ways around salty dog, trenchtown, Hazelwood are muddy at all the crossroads but not too bad. Grass in Joplin seems a good bit longer than last year 🀔 but that could be just me. More people here than I thought but your not missing anything. Hopefully it makes a difference for queues tomorrow....ive never seen Hendrix so empty😂

Thanks haitens. What a difference a day will make !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The eve is upon us. It's been a long wait but no doubt the weekend will live up to expectation as always. Between Pablos app, Duddas DIY lanyard, MJohnstons site map/essential list, Carlow Weather Mans updates and everyone chipping in on the clashfinder - the EP thread is something else. It plays a large part in building up my excitement every year! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Anyone looking to get into eco camping let me know I got a spot I'm not using as it's not open today send me and email seanoconnell52@gmail.com 1st come can have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Korvanica wrote: »
    Whats the craic with this Clashfinder? Made by a boardsie ? Any eta on when itll be printable ?

I'd print away

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Updated forecast and brief video from this morning

Update on forecast for coming days focusing on Electric Picnic in Stradbally with a video from this morning.

Tomorrow will be a good day with sunny spells and up to 19c in a light Northwest breeze.

Tomorrow evening will turn cool and by tomorrow night it will turn cold, it could get down to 5c! So you will want warm clothes.

Saturday then will start off nice and dry with some early fog clearing to sunny spells and climbing to about 18c. Cloud will increase in the afternoon and it will feel humid in a strong Southerly breeze.

Rain then will arrive around 7pm and will be light at first but it will get heavy later in the evening but staying humid and breezy, so rain gear but not warm clothes will be needed, up to 10mm is possible so wellies may be needed.

Sunday then will see even milder air arrive and the band of rain should clear by around 9am. Then there will see a mix of dry spells and showers, some showers could be heavy, up to 21c in light breeze.

Warm Sunday night into Monday with some showers.

Video from near the site this morning before the fun begins, enjoy if you are heading to Stradbally and if not, well enjoy the dry bed Saturday night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sorry to be another asking a question, but if I want to be certain of my getting yellow carpark should I come in via timahoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Another packing up here post....(with a bit off gushing!!) Really looking forward to it and this thread is my hype machine, I share with my missus and bro and sis in law, none of whom get excited about it, they have little interest in discovering music, ( Don't get me wrong, they are fun and we have a good time) but they don't get interested in who's playing and fall into the "the line up is ****e" family, and don't talk about Facebook, so much negativity, I wasn't even looking forward to last year with a week to go until I logged on to the thread, you lot are a treasure and transform the picnic for me, real positivity here, hyped to fck for tmw now! Have a great one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Last post pre-Picnic. It's been a pleasure reading all your recommendations and insights over the last year. Informative & humorous stuff and I look forward to the next 12 months of it. I must particularly mention Bodhrandude, Scruff, Arne, Pablo, Tago & MJohnson. But you've all been great & I hope you have a deserved wonderful weekend.
    Am already looking forward to the Monday reviews.

• Advertisement

Have we decided when we're going to go kicking teenagers? Or are we just going to do it randomly?

All packed, vodka in the plastic, cider in the fridge it's better than Christmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Quick question: If you have a family camping ticket can you enter through the general entrance as I will not be camping.

Quick question: If you have a family camping ticket can you enter through the general entrance as I will not be camping.
    Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Thank you Poorsy

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

What carpark is nearest the main entrance? I have about 35kg between my bag and booze to be carried. In eco campsite so nice n close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

adam240610 wrote: »
    What carpark is nearest the main entrance? I have about 35kg between my bag and booze to be carried. In eco campsite so nice n close to it.

Red carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Nothing sorted :(

Feels like Xmas eve and none of the presents wrapped!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Having a can now, just to test it. Chipper ordered. All packed. Hitting the road at 10 tomorrow morning. Have a good one friends, stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Poorside wrote: »
    Have we decided when we're going to go kicking teenagers? Or are we just going to do it randomly?

All packed, vodka in the plastic, cider in the fridge it's better than Christmas eve.

Id love to do this charming men , lifetime smiths moz fan but run the jewels gets the nod, twil be a banger!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Will I be able to drive into Stradbally village itself tomorrow morning, or do I face redirection? Not bothered by what car park I end up in but need to meet someone there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

All packed and ready. We'll be on the road straight after we drop the kids to school in the morning. Weather is looking better than it did yesterday so all hail the weather Gods. Be good to us oh heavenly clouds, for we are good people. Enjoy everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Will I be able to drive into Stradbally village itself tomorrow morning, or do I face redirection? Not bothered by what car park I end up in but need to meet someone there.

you may not be able to get in unless you're local.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Think you need to be local or have family camping. Not sure they actually check the tickets though

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

All packed up - sister in situ to handle the younguns.

See you on the other side!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

As I'm going for the night just wanted to say thanks to everyone for building up the excitement.

That and DONT FORGET YOUR TICKETS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone know the Anachronia line up on Friday night after 12. Elll sound decent. Can't find anything on Cait or Cailin Power though

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Think you need to be local or have family camping. Not sure they actually check the tickets though

It'll be for around 8.30am so hopefully they're too bleary eyed to care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/episode-43-packin-for-a-picnic-2017/

Some Electric Picnic listenin' if you're looking for something on the spin up or while you're still packin' like me now, bring on tomorrow - wooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Tracklist:
    A Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It?
    A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
    ATCQ - Whateva Will Be
    ATCQ - Luck of Lucien
    A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum
    Krafty Kuts - Keep It On
    Get Down Edits - Heaven Sent
    Chaka Khan - You Got The Love (LNTG mix)
    New Jackson - Ok Alone Ok
    Orange Tree Edits - Yeah Yeah
    Late Night Tuff Guy - I Get Deeper
    Bicep - Nova
    Floating Points - Sparkling Controversy
    Jamie XX - Loud Places (John Tejada mix)_
    New Jackson - Having A Coke With You
    Elbow - Mirrorball
    London Grammar - Hey Now 7"
    The Frames - Lay Me Down
    David Kitt - You Know What I Want To Know
    Nick Hakim - I Don't Know 7"
    Michael Kiwanuka - Cold Cold Heart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone know the Anachronia line up on Friday night after 12. Elll sound decent. Can't find anything on Cait or Cailin Power though

Cait:
    https://soundcloud.com/caitfa

https://soundcloud.com/byronyeates/cait-at-alice-bodysoul-festival-june-2017

Cailín

https://soundcloud.com/cailin-power

https://soundcloud.com/user-586271346/life-17-mix-series

Advertisement