Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Tracklist:
    A Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It?
    A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
    ATCQ - Whateva Will Be
    ATCQ - Luck of Lucien
    A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum
    Krafty Kuts - Keep It On
    Get Down Edits - Heaven Sent
    Chaka Khan - You Got The Love (LNTG mix)
    New Jackson - Ok Alone Ok
    Orange Tree Edits - Yeah Yeah
    Late Night Tuff Guy - I Get Deeper
    Bicep - Nova
    Floating Points - Sparkling Controversy
    Jamie XX - Loud Places (John Tejada mix)_
    New Jackson - Having A Coke With You
    Elbow - Mirrorball
    London Grammar - Hey Now 7"
    The Frames - Lay Me Down
    David Kitt - You Know What I Want To Know
    Nick Hakim - I Don't Know 7"
    Michael Kiwanuka - Cold Cold Heart
    The Frames? That just based on Glen or do you know something I don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Just going around throwing thanks at everyone's posts left right and centre. You're a fab bunch, it'll be funny not knowing if any of us will be standing next to one another at any point over the weekend( for those that don't know eachother )
    Much love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/episode-43-packin-for-a-picnic-2017/

Some Electric Picnic listenin' if you're looking for something on the spin up or while you're still packin' like me now, bring on tomorrow - wooooo!

That's a lovely mix, fair play. Will be playing it in the car on the way down

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Just as I thought I was all set and had escaped all mishaps and illness (do genuinely feel sorry for those of you with recently broken bones/ colds and flues this week- I haven't been well with a chronic condition for the past few years and this has been my best picnic health to date) I went and did the most ridiculous thing possible this evening and have burned my arse SO badly that I genuinely can't sit down.

Before anyone says it, I'm well aware sun-beds are a stupid and ridiculous move. I generally wouldn't go near one BUT I made a once off exception and decided to- because I was away in the sun for a couple of weeks recently and got a lovely colour. I have a wedding next week and a big work function the week after that. In my wisdom, I thought that a couple of once off sunbed sessions this week and next to keep my lovely holiday colour for these events would be ok. I promised I'd never do it again.

Went this evening after work. Did 6 minutes lads. 6 minutes.

My tan is topped up wonderfully. On the areas that had previously built up a tan.

What I didn't factor in was the fact that my arse didn't receive any colour on hols. I didn't lie bare arsed on the beach.

The result- beetroot red bum. I'm not exaggerating- it's horrendous.

I showed my husband this evening and the helpful bastard just cried laughing.

I've been moisturising the ****e out of it but it's not working.
    ^^ ("ive been moisturising the ****e out of my arse all night and it's not working" with that statement I've hit a new low in life)

I wouldn't care if it wasn't EP weekend but - here's my problem. (Pain aside! I'll numb that with cans!) My stock of go to, comfy festival clothes mainly comprises of shorts, leggings and jeans.

The burn is from the bottom of my cheeks (you are welcome) to waist level. I just can't cope with a waistband right now. I tried a few different options tonight but it's agony.
    I'm going to have to wear a dress. A ****ing dress to EP. None of my dresses are the particularly cool festival type dresses either SO - to cut a VERY long story short- should you see a girl, with seriously formal attire/ and an over dressed appearance (complete with wellies and a woolly jumper) that's me.

Please feeel free to come over and buy me a drink cos it's my birthday on Saturday but please don't mention my arse in person because I'll get embarrassed.

In nicer news, secured the day off tomorrow and, like Synode- will be heading to Stradbally as soon as we drop the kids to school/ I get the arse moisturised again.

Amazing what a few hours can do- am all packed and organised.
    Am SO excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just as I thought I was all set and had escaped all mishaps and illness (do genuinely feel sorry for those of you with recently broken bones/ colds and flues this week- I haven't been well with a chronic condition for the past few years and this has been my best picnic health to date) I went and did the most ridiculous thing possible this evening and have burned my arse SO badly that I genuinely can't sit down.

Before anyone says it, I'm well aware sun-beds are a stupid and ridiculous move. I generally wouldn't go near one BUT I made a once off exception and decided to- because I was away in the sun for a couple of weeks recently and got a lovely colour. I have a wedding next week and a big work function the week after that. In my wisdom, I thought that a couple of once off sunbed sessions this week and next to keep my lovely holiday colour for these events would be ok. I promised I'd never do it again.

My tan is topped up wonderfully. On the areas that had previously built up a tan.

What I didn't factor in was the fact that my arse didn't receive any colour on hols. I didn't lie bare arsed on the beach.

^^ ("ive been moisturising the ****e out of my arse all night and it's not working" with that statement I've hit a new low in life)

I wouldn't care if it wasn't EP weekend but - here's my problem. (Pain aside! I'll numb that with cans!) My stock of go to, comfy festival clothes mainly comprises of shorts, leggings and jeans.

The burn is from the bottom of my cheeks (you are welcome) to waist level. I just can't cope with a waistband right now. I tried a few different options tonight but it's agony.
    I'm going to have to wear a dress. A ****ing dress to EP. None of my dresses are the particularly cool festival type dresses either SO - to cut a VERY long story short- should you see a girl, with seriously formal attire/ and an over dressed appearance (complete with wellies and a woolly jumper) that's me.

Please feeel free to come over and buy me a drink cos it's my birthday on Saturday but please don't mention my arse in person because I'll get embarrassed.

Can we just close this year's thread here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Best post in the entire thread. Lock it up, mods. God bless you, Canneverfindit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Myself and herself returned from a 3 week honeymoon on Sunday and in my depressed state I said to her "should we sell our tickets?"

She replied "think about this,sleep on it for a few days and don't make any rash (stupid) decisions!"

Thank Christ I did or else I'd be in a fair bad mood now....unbelievably excited

Caught Otherkin last year and they put on some show...anyone who has a chance to see them over the weekend won't be disappointed.

That Fangclub album is a f**king belter too.

My list is looking something like this...

Friday
    Divine Comedy
    The XX
    Booka Brass
    Otherkin

Saturday
    Stripes
    Otherkin (in case I miss them Friday)
    Everything Everything
    Jagwar Ma
    These Charming Men
    Phoenix
    Japandroids(hopefully a few mins)
    Perfume Genius(again,dependant on time)
    **INTERPOL**

Sunday
    Fangclub
    Goat Girl/King King Company
    Rag n Bone Man(might head over to news talk to look in on he blaas parking the bus in Croke Park)
    Pretenders
    Band of Horses
    Father John Misty
    Ash if the tent isn't too jammed

Finished packing and started drinking some of my emergency Sunday cans...going to have to stop at the shop tomorrow...ah well,have fun everyone

D.Q wrote: »
    Can we just close this year's thread here please?

I'd like to second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Sore bottom

I swear I'll buy anyone I see in a dress walking funny who shouts I've a sore bottom :pac:

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    I swear I'll buy anyone I see in a dress walking funny who shouts I've a sore bottom :pac:

I am so putting this to the test!!

I AM female unlike that deceitful hoor MJohnston if it helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Shelga

My first EP, only midway through packing and I just feel ridiculously excited!

One of those things where you're sort of detached from the hype and then all of a sudden you're just like AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I believe Interpol are playing their entire first album, which I bloody adored when I was around 15 so definitely need to check them out.

I have no idea about this stuff and the map isn't clear and I'm sure it's been asked a million times... but how far is it from one of the furthest car parks to the Wilde campsite? I have so much stuff in the car that it's way easier to just do 2 trips or go back to it when I need to. Don't know how people do public transport for this! My friends will have already set up the tent but I won't get there til around 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Shelga wrote: »
    I believe Interpol are playing their entire first album, which I bloody adored when I was around 15 so definitely need to check them out.

Yeah they are...they had been playing it during the middle section of their set list but the last few gigs they've started with TOTBL and then played extra songs to finish up.

I can't wait to hear that intro for Untitled...enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

@canneverfindit, get pure aloe vera gel tomorrow morning, chemist, Body Shop, Health stores. It will help hugely, used it after laser treatment on delicate areas! Lash it on all day, also neurofen for the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The Frames? That just based on Glen or do you know something I don't?

Just a Frames song I like, the mix is vinyl only and don't have too much choice of his solo stuff (i.e. I don't any of it :) )
    Synode wrote: »
    That's a lovely mix, fair play. Will be playing it in the car on the way down

Cheers man, think this is the 3rd year I've done one, something to get me/others in the mood for the weekend - would like to have had more time to prep or have another go at it but I started college this week so have been up the walls. It's my birthday tomorrow (well, now!) so Picnic is always an excuse to go mad :)

sassyj wrote: »
    @canneverfindit, get pure aloe vera gel tomorrow morning, chemist, Body Shop, Health stores. It will help hugely, used it after laser treatment on delicate areas! Lash it on all day, also neurofen for the pain.

Ok- brilliant. I will do- few stops to make on the journey so I'll make this one a priority. thanks so much, you little star! X

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

I've followed this thread since it started as I decided this time last year to get tickets to EP 2017 and am 99% sure that I've read all posts.

I listened to the playlist created by someone here over the last few months repeatedly and can safely say my eyes have been opened to some great acts that I never heard of before, and probably never would have if not for EP.

I put together my itinerary using Pablos brilliant app and really struggled to decide on some of the clashes. Literally had an act for every hour.

Really looking forward to getting to Stradbally tomorrow morning and soaking it all in. The posters here have really helped to build up the hype.

Have a great weekend, and don't kick us young people too hard. Some of us are sound. (Especially the group of us you'll see at These Charming Men) :)

Please don't shout me as I know this is likely to be a repeat question but is there a meet this year that I missed?

Pablo and I actually managed to meet in 2015! <WAS a bit star struck to be fair>

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Please don't shout me as I know this is likely to be a repeat question but is there a meet this year that I missed?

Pablo and I actually managed to meet in 2015! <WAS a bit star struck to be fair>

Hahaha please get eyeliner and write canneverfindit on your forehead so we can all buy you an ice cold drink. For your bum.
    How does one approach a boards meet - walk up to the allocated meeting spot looking shifty and announce your username?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Night night everyone!! It's a cold night here so wrap up warm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Doesn't need to be said but I'll say it anyway, don't forget the wellies! The car parks and side paths are starting to turn very muddy!

Snap of the salty dog just now attached!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ffs I'm going to spend the whole weekend now looking for the girl in a fancy dress with wellies (standing up of course) with a big bottle of aloe Vera in one hand and a can of Carlsberg in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

It's a bit llike waking up on Christmas morning ;)

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Hahaha please get eyeliner and write canneverfindit on your forehead so we can all buy you an ice cold drink. For your bum.
    How does one approach a boards meet - walk up to the allocated meeting spot looking shifty and announce your username?

That's pretty much it! In 2015, there was a couple of minutes of eyeing each other awkwardly and circling the salty dog but no actual approach for fear of getting it wrong.

It was like we were there to exchange the microfilm..

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

I've been moisturising the ****e out of it but it's not working. ^^ ("ive been moisturising the ****e out of my arse all night and it's not working" with that statement I've hit a new low in life)

Sorry to laugh at you misery but this has to be the post of the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

In an effort to be constructive there are usually stalls selling fierce cool gunnas there (but health warning you are taking fashion advice from someone who's kids are laughing at my array of floral shirts packed for the weekend.)

Peter

Peterd66 wrote: »
    In an effort to be constructive there are usually stalls selling fierce cool gunnas there (but health warning you are taking fashion advice from someone who's kids are laughing at my array of floral shirts packed for the weekend.)

Peter

How has this not occurred to me??? Around the back of Body and Soul? You're right! Legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Safe trip everyone and enjoy the weekend. Be sensible with the drink, be careful with the narcotics if that's your bag, and if you see a lonely old soul looking for a shift, well just take one for the team and given them a spin because it's probably a Boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

sassyj wrote: »

Seconded. This stuff is the dogs bollocks when it comes to sunburn. Hope you feel better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Shelga wrote: »
    My first EP, only midway through packing and I just feel ridiculously excited!

One of those things where you're sort of detached from the hype and then all of a sudden you're just like AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have no idea about this stuff and the map isn't clear and I'm sure it's been asked a million times... but how far is it from one of the furthest car parks to the Wilde campsite? I have so much stuff in the car that it's way easier to just do 2 trips or go back to it when I need to. Don't know how people do public transport for this! My friends will have already set up the tent but I won't get there til around 5.
    you're probably talking about 30mins from the back of the car park fields to Wilde, could well be longer depending on how much stuff you have though and if there's queues to get in.
    best plan is to just take your food/booze/toiletries/warm clothes to get through Friday night/Saturday morning, and then go out to the car tomorrow after you get up.

most people just end up sitting outside their tents for the first couple of hours after getting up anyway, and the walk will wake you up after the usual Friday night over-indulgence :D

Advertisement