Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Site update lads and ladies ?????

Its firm and wet and soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Past Kildare now ep here we come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Its firm and wet and soft.

Sounds like a girl I used to know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Young fathers were blistering. Like a feral massive attack being humped by a bag of spanners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Agreed. At London Grammar. Much more subdued

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Agreed. At London Grammar. Much more subdued

Lovely lovely noise but too many goddamn yappers

Snarky Snark Snark

That lasses voice is pure bred sexy times for my ear canals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Young fathers were blistering. Like a feral massive attack being humped by a bag of spanneres.

Ha, yes...if anyone matches that it's a good weekend. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Hey folks does anyone know the pickup times tomorrow night by Marathon Travel back to Dublin? Their website only states Sunday pickup and I assume if you buy a return ticket they'll bring you home Saturday too?

Anyone has any info would appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Maybe it's the weather but it's already shaping up to be a fantastic Picnic. Highlights today for me were Talos, Telephone Explosions, Soule
    and Young Fathers. Fab atmosphere and variety of music. Body & Soul still my overall fave area

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Night cap, brush teeths and then bobos for a tired cold monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Anyone else find the sound mixing brutal for Young Fathers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Morning campers let's roll ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Booka brass, Harvest, bit of Talos, bit of Divine Comedy, Young Fathers plus 3 lunatics on a little stage in Body and Soul that were like a young Pavement. Oh and DD Allen on the Salty Dog. All brilliant. Cracking first day. I love this place.

Anyone else find the sound mixing brutal for Young Fathers?
    Yeah, it was a bit off but feck me, did they power through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Savage first day. Booka brass to kick things off, then Harvest for a bit of Neil Young. Young Fathers were bone-shaking, fear-inducing, but seriously good. Really enjoyed London Grammar and the xx on the main stage, both know how to put on a fantastic show.

Finished off the night with Otherkin on the Salty Dog - serious fun, highlight had to be the lead singer repeatedly going for a crowd surf. Would definitely suggest checking them out today, they're playing again at Rankins Wood at 4.

Sounds like a lot of us were on the same schedule last night. I had wanted to check out talos for a while and they didn't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nice and chilly night, got down to 3.4c at my station in Tullow, thermals were required :D

Still expecting any real rain to arrive around 6-7pm, Met Eireann updated warnings still exclude Laois, the heaviest will go south of Laois but still expect significant rainfall. Don't be fooled by the nice morning, Winter is Coming, sorry rain, rain is coming :D

Snarky Snark Snark

The xx were alright. Bit of a short set for a headliner I thought.

The breakfast of champions today. Two coffee. Two muffin. Bottle of Tropicana. 1 neurofen and a banana

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Harvest & Young Fathers excellent. Caught half of The XX & far more impressive than I expected. Pogueology also great until the stage collapsed, no surprise with 250 people in a room built for 80. Ships also good.

Disappointed by most other stuff (London Grammar, New Jackson, Vince Staples) but what a great feeling to be back.

And it feels busier than last year. Have they sold less Sunday & more weekend tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pogueology also great until the stage collapsed, no surprise with 250 people in a room built for 80.

Was this in Jimmy's Juke Joint? I passed it this morning and saw a lot of it was cordoned off with a lot of woodwork going on - wasn't sure was it just in keeping with the Trailer Park theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Kurtosis wrote: »
    Was this in Jimmy's Juke Joint? I passed it this morning and saw a lot of it was cordoned off with a lot of woodwork going on - wasn't sure was it just in keeping with the Trailer Park theme.

Yeah. Garda shut it down when side of stage collapsed. Luckily no-one hurt. Was rammed there & when they played Sally Maclenane that was it for the flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Pink moon entrance still hasn't opened. The foook is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

D.Q wrote: »
    Pink moon entrance still hasn't opened. The foook is going on

Got sent around to salty dog entrance and spent about 20 mins in the slowest queue known to man. 1 security lad at the top doing everything short of a cavity search while all the other queues moved at 3 times the speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Recommend the Lovely sausage egg and bacon baps at the grill place near rankins wood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

My app keeps crashing. I have no idea why, but go into airplane mode and it works again. Then you can switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anywhere to listen to it live today on radio? I know RTE are showing it later in the evening, but any radio station live from there throughout the day?

Corholio wrote: »
    Anywhere to listen to it live today on radio? I know RTE are showing it later in the evening, but any radio station live from there throughout the day?

I'd imagine today fm or 2fm would be your best bet? Both have a vested interest in the festival.

Jesus. Anyone at Touts? Fecking amazing. Really loved them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Not really much to do today. No one that I want to see until around 7 and I've already walked the place a hundred times. Feeling sick from how cold it was last night too. Not impressed!

Advertisement