Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

LowOdour wrote: »
    excellent* news that Radiohead are doing a gig in the 3Arena in June 2017

*excellent in so far it kills the speculation of them playing EP next year
    I don't see how it does that at all, plenty of artists play early in the year then return for the Picnic. If Radiohead are doing other fests late in the Summer then there's still a fair chance of them headlining EP. The 3Arena gig or gigs (fair chance they'll announce a second) will be long sold out thus no contractual issues over playing in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id say there must be more EU/UK dates announced alright. Very little on the schedule for july and they only announced 2 gigs in Manchester and thats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    LowOdour wrote: »
    excellent* news that Radiohead are doing a gig in the 3Arena in June 2017

*excellent in so far it kills the speculation of them playing EP next year
    I don't see how it does that at all, plenty of artists play early in the year then return for the Picnic. If Radiohead are doing other fests late in the Summer then there's still a fair chance of them headlining EP. The 3Arena gig or gigs (fair chance they'll announce a second) will be long sold out thus no contractual issues over playing in Stradbally.
    they havent played ireland in the guts of 10 years....id be suprised if they play 2 gigs within a few months but guess its possible

The Weeknd has announced his Europeean tour with no Irish dates. He could take the Sunday night slot like Lana Del Ray last year. Or maybe longitude I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My second instalment was just taken this afternoon for anyone awaiting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Radiohead are playing the 3Arena, their first gig here in nearly a decade. Try get a ticket. If you can't then just suck it up. They're not playing Electric Picnic. Let it go. I swear to Jesus, if they were announced you'd have lads on here hoping it would be on the Friday, or the Saturday. Or worrying about the weather. They're playing Dublin and we've all got the exact same chance of getting a ticket. It's great. Be happy and release the albatross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Apparently Oasis are touring in 2017.

http://buzz.ie/report-oasis-reunion-2017-opening-act-ride/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

Oasis the new Radiohead!!!

The O Word

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Pickpocket wrote: »
    The O Word

OMFG... please no!

This is the risk we take when we buy our tickets blind... the risk of these cnuts showing up, taking a large chunk of the available funds and then all the scummy dicks that they will attract.

/rant over.. back to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Oasis are not going to be there, if (and it's a massive big if) they reformed, it would be for serious Rolling Stone/Floyd type megabucks. EP will never have that sort of cash hanging round.

And ffs, buzz.ie (bleurgh) quotes an australian source which claims to have inside information from an unnamed source.

Googlin it shows a bunch of sites which should know better (NME, I'm looking right at you!) quoting the same ****ing ****ty source article.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

much like any Daft Punk story - post it no matter how ridiculous or unsubstantiated to drive up traffic and make some money on advertising hits.

Snarky Snark Snark

Daft Punk Are Playing In My Pants.

You heard it here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Daft Punk Are Playing In My Pants.

You heard it here first.

How much are tickets?

Snarky Snark Snark

How much are tickets?

Check with Sarah's girlfriend, she's workin the door.

Noel is making an new solo album so I don't know why that story was even printed.

Snarky Snark Snark

As Ghostdancer pointed out, click meet bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

MadYaker wrote: »
    Noel is making an new solo album so I don't know why that story was even printed.

Someone needed a scary story to tell the kids at Halloween. Can't think of anything more terrifying than "Oasis to reform"

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    Someone needed a scary story to tell the kids at Halloween. Can't think of anything more terrifying than "Oasis to reform"

Bon jovi to headline ep?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

MadYaker wrote:

So is Liam.. with both of them stating there working on solo material I don't understand how the reunion rumours are getting so much attention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Are Oasis one of those bands that it's now fashionable to sneer at?

EP would be beyond lucky to get them. An incredibly good band live.

Charlie wrote: »

I suspect that at least some of the derision comes from the fact that the Gallagher's are a pair of insufferable arseholes.

But yes, a fantastic live band that are simply too big for Electric Picnic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I suspect that at least some of the derision comes from the fact that the Gallagher's are a pair of insufferable arseholes.

Plus there fee will be massive too

Snarky Snark Snark

Quite like Noel (proper funny mouthy bugger) and he put on a good show this year, the other lad is a weapons grade twat though.

Quite like Noel (proper funny mouthy bugger) and he put on a good show this year, the other lad is a weapons grade twat though.

I quite like Noel as well but he's an act, just like his brother. He has a persona and he plays up on it. Nothing wrong with that. I imagine if you're that famous then adopting a persona is a good way of keeping the real you to yourself. However both of them have adopted the persona of angry, cynical dickheads so I think it's fair game to treat them as such.

Noel Gallagher though... what a talent!

Plus there fee will be massive too

That's exactly what I meant.

Charlie wrote: »

Not really .. I think they have always been a bunch of cnuts who play sh1te derivative music. I have always hated their smug self importance and it's beyond me why they were ever popular at all. Noel Gallagher has a good sense of humour mind.

Blur were a decent band, far superior IMHO.

YMMV

Not really .. I think they have always been a bunch of cnuts who play sh1te derivative music. I have always hated their smug self importance and it's beyond me why they were ever popular at all. Noel Gallagher has a good sense of humour mind.

Blur were a decent band, far superior IMHO.

YMMV

Why do people compare Blur and Oasis? It made no sense 20 years ago. It makes even less sense now.

Snarky Snark Snark

a bunch of cnuts who play sh1te derivative music.

Nothing new in their stuff would be true but for derivative sh1te, the first two albums were crackers, some of the later singles too

(once they hit the colombian marching powder though, it was pretty much game over for consistent decent stuff from them)

• Advertisement

Why do people compare Blur and Oasis? It made no sense 20 years ago. It makes even less sense now.

Guitar driven commercially successful British pop bands from the same era.

Personally, I think there was no real comparison (Blur were a good band), but the media decided there was and it has followed them around ever since.

Advertisement