Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

doc1023 wrote: »
    Was there too, they were deadly

Colder than 2013? That was unbelievably cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Fcuk off rain. No better way to kill off an atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Colder than 2013? That was unbelievably cold!

My one and only time to wear a snuggy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

London Grammar ...are an example of everything thats wrong in this new society of ours ....how people can listen to that is mindblowing .....take away there light show and youd here better at the campsite at 7am

Sad ....yes i was there last night

Im home watching it now on Rte its worse than i thought it was ...thank God i left after two songs

Roll on tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

Loved the Frank and Walters.

• Advertisement

laois gael wrote: »
    London Grammar ...are an example of everything thats wrong in this new society of ours ....how people can listen to that is mindblowing .....take away there light show and youd here better at the campsite at 7am

Sad ....yes i was there last night

Im home watching it now on Rte its worse than i thought it was ...thank God i left after two songs

Roll on tomorrow

Watching them now, beautiful music, but wtf would you want to be watching them on the main stage on the Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

dasdog wrote: »
    Is there any decent music? xx, tribe called quest, duran duran is pathetic. Got to be something more interesting than that going on.

March called. Your whinge is 6 months out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Watching them now, beautiful music, but wtf would you want to be watching them on the main stage on the Friday night?

Music is stratified now into two groups: straight up pop and everyone else trying to be cerebral and not be that. It wasn't like that from 1950s until early 00s where artists straddled both commerce and creativity.

The likes of LG/XX/Alt-J are boring because they are essentially establishment and non-threatening. The sexuality and raw bump and grind has been surgically sucked out of them.

This is a conversation for next Tuesday morning not the Saturday night of EP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

March called. Your whinge is 6 months out of date.

Piss on John Coltrane then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Lovely CD music but as a way to kickstart a festival? And followed by the XX omg bring back the rock bands please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just watching on Rte, the rain looks grim, tough going in that. Tomorrow is meant to be decent so go for cans in the tent and go at it again in the morning. Class dismissed!

RTÉ aren't selling this. Weather aside, they're picking some shockers as "highlights".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

Interpol 30 mins late. 'story?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

RTaren't selling this. Weather aside, they're picking some shockers as "highlights".

How come you can never hear the crowd on their coverage?. The presenters are tedious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Bowlardo wrote:
    How come you can never hear the crowd on their coverage?. The presenters are tedious

Thought the presenters are decent by Irish standards.

Weather looks desperate and some of the headliners were just plain boring. Hudson Taylor looked good.

Pete Tong seems like an odd choice when his worse clone setup (Jenny Green) played already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Being late is part of Annie's schtick. A 1am time slot routinely means half past four.

Not appreciated one bit if it's a gimmick given the weather tonight and people being soaked

Spent the whole day from 12 in the festival for the first time ever, but called it quits during Annie Mac and as was mentioned, looked toward a better forecast for tomorrow

Can't imagine the crowd at Pete Tong being great, least it's not as cold as last night for the brave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

It's a triumph of organisation not a festival. Seriously boring music, lame impala techno headliners from 1991.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Not appreciated one bit if it's a gimmick given the weather tonight and people being soaked

Spent the whole day from 12 in the festival for the first time ever, but called it quits during Annie Mac and as was mentioned, looked toward a better forecast for tomorrow

Can't imagine the crowd at Pete Tong being great, least it's not as cold as last night for the brave

Annie apologised at the end of her set tonight for being late, said there were technical fck ups.

Someone posted above Interpol were also half an hour late, wonder what happened in the system somewhere.

It's torrential out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Rtj, japandroids and let galaxie were immense.

I came back to tent for cans, was walking back into the wet and just couldn't do it..
    Back in tent with new socks! I'm definitely old!

Snarky Snark Snark

dasdog wrote: »
    Piss on John Coltrane then.

Ooooooh get you

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rtj, japandroids and let galaxie were immense.

I came back to tent for cans, was walking back into the wet and just couldn't do it..
    Back in tent with new socks! I'm definitely old!

Swapped to boots with fresh socks before Interpol. You are not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Genghis wrote: »

Setlist cut a bit short too. No heinrich manoeuvre or all the rage back home. Little bit sickened by that. Still a very good set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So far Run The Jewels and Bicurious are the two best sets I've seen. The XX get an honourable mention because I was expecting so little but by the time they finished they were rocking the place.

Currently hiding out in a pink moon two man tent hoping she survives the night...

Over and out.

Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »
    Setlist cut a bit short too. No heinrich manoeuvre or all the rage back home. Little bit sickened by that. Still a very good set.

2nd time seeing them, apart from evil at the end, just find them far too clinical live to be enjoyable.

Was originally planning on seeing mr tong but weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

'Tis dampish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What a depressing couple of pages of comments. Granted I'm in a bnb but I've had a magnificent couple of days. The Eukeleles, Touts, Declan McKenna, Everything Everything , These Charming Men, Mr. Jukes, Public Service Broadcasting all brilliant today. Not to mention all the bits and pieces in between that were cool, Attention Bébé, Mick Pyro etc. There's huge variety. To hell with the headliners. Who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What a depressing couple of pages of comments. Granted I'm in a bnb but I've had a magnificent couple of days. The Eukeleles, Touts, Declan McKenna, Everything Everything , These Charming Men, Mr. Jukes, Public Service Broadcasting all brilliant today. Not to mention all the bits and pieces in between that were cool, Attention Bébé, Mick Pyro etc. There's huge variety. To hell with the headliners. Who cares.

I guess the glass is half full.....of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks,
    I'm thinking of heading down to EP for the first time ever today. I have no ticket and would probably have to drive down, just wondering if anyone has any advice:

Would I be ok driving a big van down and finding parking or would there be any problems?
    Where would be the best place to get a ticket (any weekend campers or wrist band holders leaving early?? :pac:)
    Is it forecasted to be absolutely soaked for the remainder and is it only advisable to come in full rain gear and boots?

I'm not sure if it will be worth all the hassle if it's just going to be a rain and mud fest and will take me hours to get there and hours to come home (I'm based in South Dublin).

Would consider camping until Monday if it was in a beautiful warm climate and I could keep dry and comfy (that's old age speaking).

Any advice would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

What a treat the rte footage, last year some fat bird with glasses from cork, now some black fella wearing some **** that afrika bambaataa would not wear, putting faces on while he indulges in a cheap condescending interview with young fella from longford. Is that all we have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

D.Q wrote: »
    Genghis wrote: »

I saw.them once, sound great and very polished etc, but u might as well put on the cd..no chat no inter action..meh

Advertisement