Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Then, take the rest of them and start you own band and create what you like or think is missing

That's what I'm presently doing, funnily enough! We nearly have an EP finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Hope a couple of ye got down to Aaron Lee Tasjan. Great craic despite the small turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Apart from the newstalk tent (which is full) and going to stradbally is there anywhere else on site showing the match?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Got home this morning for a shower and clean up. Stuffing my face now with a big fcuk off beef dinner to load up the carbs for the day.
    Elbow, michael k, band of horses, Duran x2, ragn bone man... And missing real estate..

Today's the big music day for me... Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Hope a couple of ye got down to Aaron Lee Tasjan. Great craic despite the small turnout.

Was that you that recommended him this morning? Loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

First time ever leaving a festival early but it is what it is.
    I loved my time there. Because the headliners were very underwhelming for me it meant we just kept walking and finding.
    I have a heavy heart knowing what I'm going to miss but 2 days are better than none.
    Keep going people...keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Thought ATCQ last night were fabulous, really stuck a finger up to those writing them off as headliners. Though shame the weather was absolutely awful during their set, the sound mixing on Q-Tips mic was way too low, and whoever was in control of the live video ought to be ejected into the sun.

Today is a hellish sauna of a day. A shower would even be a waste of money as it'd be undone in minutes. Tomorrow's shower is going to be absolutely transcendental though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah any of those corporate places showing the match does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Crowd of about 10 ppl ejected from site few mins ago. They were being frogmarched down to main entrance as I was passing heading to trench town. Dunno what the story is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    Thought ATCQ last night were fabulous, really stuck a finger up to those writing them off as headliners..

I was one. Totally take it back

Crowd of about 10 ppl ejected from site few mins ago. They were being frogmarched down to main entrance as I was passing heading to trench town. Dunno what the story is

Good to know the security aren't completely asleep today!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Fangclub one of my highlights so far, put on an amazing show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    First time ever leaving a festival early but it is what it is.
    I loved my time there. Because the headliners were very underwhelming for me it meant we just kept walking and finding.
    I have a heavy heart knowing what I'm going to miss but 2 days are better than none.
    Keep going people...keep going

https://goo.gl/images/gDynZS

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    Today is a hellish sauna of a day. A shower would even be a waste of money as it'd be undone in minutes. Tomorrow's shower is going to be absolutely transcendental though.

I've had two already today. To quote the great don Logan "I'm sweating like a ****"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

F*** Pete Tong - it's all gone King Kong!

Line of the weekend! Savage at the Electric Arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Left this morning as I don't want to see any of the bands that are on today. The rain last night and the muck this morning were the straw that broke the camels back and sent me packing. I'm glad I tried it but I know I will never go to another outdoor festival again, I don't enjoy them! London Grammar and the xx were the highlights for me. They were amazing and I was right at the barrier for both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

We booked into the Maldron portlaoise. 150, not too bad. Just drove there from the site with our tent and had a shower and watching the game. Bus shuttle back after, handy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

everlast75 wrote: »
    F*** Pete Tong - it's all gone King Kong!

Line of the weekend! Savage at the Electric Arena

And confirmed that it's King Kong Company closing the Salty Dog at 2am.

Snarky Snark Snark

Kurtosis wrote: »
    And confirmed that it's King Kong Company closing the Salty Dog at 2am.

Oooooh

I know the day trippers are in effect but it's some crowd for rag and bone man

• Advertisement

Holy ****. The Lemon Twigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Can't believe the rubbish on here over last few days, just back after two nights of solid entertainment, great value for money. xx, London Grammar, These charming men, otherkin, Declan Mckenna, Annie Mac, jagwar ma, riptide movement, divine comedy, the strypes, birdy, madness, roadhouse doors, frank and Walters, Interpol plus mindfield, throwback stage all for €200, and some clowns on here moaning about it, unbelievable.

Snarky Snark Snark

Holy ****. The Lemon Twigs.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Totally forgot about them

Ah well. Michael kiwanuka how are ye

Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone catch perfume genius? Nuther bugger I forgot about

They were properly mental. My gig of the weekend by a mile.

Snarky Snark Snark

Thanks to Mr Kiwanuka. I've decided I am now a black man in a white world.

That's the Lemon Twigs, by the way. I don't seem to able to quote down here.

Snarky Snark Snark

Aye figured. Dunno bout the rest of ye. I'm having a crackin weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Missed them and gutted, they seemed brilliant from the Glasto coverage.

Lookin forward to Chaka now.

Advertisement