Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

This Chaka Khan set is making me cry.

This is how you fcking do it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

This Chaka Khan set is making me cry.

This is how you fcking do it!!!!

She's is fine ****ing voice alright. Chaka mad? Chaka real mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

RTE's coverage was total muck, seriously I don't get the whole Other Voices thing, so people like to cram into a tiny venue (intimate me hole) when there is so much more going on in bigger venues across the site but no, RTE force feed us some crap from that stage.

I really can't get over how terrible those two clowns in the RTE studio were, I was hoping for a lightning strike.

The very first thing they feature when they went on air was festival fashion - I rest my case.

Snarky Snark Snark

Seriously. Why bother watching it. We all k on how bad their coverage is from previous years.

It is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Seriously. Why bother watching it. We all k on how bad their coverage is from previous years.

I was pleasantly surprised to be honest.

• Advertisement

It is known.

because I love the picnic and this year I wasn't able to make it so I will always keep in tabs with it, I am also following this thread all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I was pleasantly surprised to be honest.

While the RTE coverage could most certainly be better - I didnt hate it as much as others. It is what it is

While the RTE coverage could most certainly be better - I didnt hate it as much as others. It is what it is

yes, and that was a bucket of steaming, festering shít.

I mean they featured their poster girl Jenny Greene with the RTE orchestra but they had to show the same orchestra again for the story of hip hop thing, jesus I wonder are the said orchestra going to show up somewhere else this weekend, perhaps they might be helping people pull their cars out of the fields tomorrow, you know, just to get the full use out of them and all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yeah I thought the same. Eoghan McDermott seems like a knowledgeable enough guy. It's nowhere near the level of BBC Glastonbury coverage but not the worst I've seen.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Band of horses ****ing rocked!!

Elbow now to give us that warm fuzzy feeling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Was anyone at Hannah Wants? Absolute carnage. Amazing set

Father John Misty should be a mainstream star, a damning indictment of the industry that he isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Just home via Croke Park after 2 fantastic days and nights.

Harvest, Touts, Japandroids, Skatalites, Frank & Walters, Madness, These Charming Men, Trouble Pilgrims, Riptide Movement, DD Allen, Jinx Lennon all fantastic and my standout was Columbia Mills at Salty Dog.

Other than that a highlight was Pogueology's 3 songs before the gig was pulled :-) Singer made me laugh pleading with the powers that be "Shir we'll only play slow ones!!" Like that crowd was gonna stay still :-)

Love EP. Roll on next year!

PS In 12 months time dont let anyone post that it was just a bit drizzly and misty. It rained from 6.30 Saturday evening til 8 Sunday morming!

Only slightly dampened the spirits lol

Snarky Snark Snark

Elbow. Epic

A wee then a pint. Then I shall be screaming that her name is rio and demanding that she dances on some sand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Just saying about RTE coverage, it is sh1te, but so was the last few years of Glastonbury coverage by BBC. This year was a remarkable step up once they stayed with the music and not some dickhead eating other people's food. But seriously they can and should do better.
    It's not the RTE picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads that's the best days music I've ever had. Aaron Lee Tasjan, Margaret Glaspy,Lemon Twigs, Real estate, Band of horses and Car Seat Headrest. Brilliant every one of them. Heading for the hills now buzzing. That was an epic weekend.

Simon LB, John Taylor and Nick Rhodes haven't aged five minutes since 1984.

A View To A Kill turned me to molten lava, what a truly f**king epic weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Simon LB, John Taylor and Nick Rhodes haven't aged five minutes since 1984.

A View To A Kill turned me to molten lava, what a truly f**king epic weekend.

So wish I was there to see them. Had tickets, but had to forego them due to personal circumstances. Enjoy!

Snarky Snark Snark

Think I've got their cannon confetti currently in parts that there should be no cannon confetti

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lads that's the best days music I've ever had. Aaron Lee Tasjan, Margaret Glaspy,Lemon Twigs, Real estate, Band of horses and Car Seat Headrest. Brilliant every one of them. Heading for the hills now buzzing. That was an epic weekend.

So Car Seat Headrest were brilliant ??
    The ONLY band I would of gone to see !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

4Ad wrote: »

So Car Seat Headrest were brilliant ??
    The ONLY band I would of gone to see !
    Drunk drivers the song of the weekend. With an honourable mention to Funeral by Band of horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone see Elbow in Other Voices? Pals loved it but I stuck with the Lemon Twigs though I eventually found them a little underwhelming.

Great great weekend. And what a finish with Duran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

On the way to work. Christ what a comedown.

Left yesterday because of aforementioned work but my highlights from Friday and Saturday were:
    - Mo K
    - Rusangano Family
    - RTJ
    - Le Galaxie

Edit: and the Dublin Ukulele Collective. Pure unadulterated happiness.

Surprise of the weekend was Declan McKenna, got dragged in but really enjoyed it. "WTF" moment was le Boom, didn't get it at all.

That's it for another year so. Gonna be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Genghis wrote: »
    Interpol 30 mins late. 'story?

Annie mac was 30mins late

Jesus. Anyone at Touts? Fecking amazing. Really loved them.

They were full on. Loud. Didnt give a boll**

Loved em.

Glad they got upgraded to Salty Dog. They were loving it before it all ended too soon. They managed Broad Majestic Shannon, Thousands Are Sailing and about a quarter of Sally MacLennane.

Never seen a place so packed as Friday night :-)

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/gallery/electric-picnic/268375/laois-band-pogueology-upgraded-to-salty-dog-stage-at-electric-picnic.html

thebusher wrote: »
    They were full on. Loud. Didnt give a boll**

Loved em.

Yep, brilliant. One of my highlights.

Black-haired guitarist was also very cheeky & funny. Shy guys they ain't & it was a perfect way to blow off the cobwebs on Sat afternoon. A lot of great, and varied, Irish stuff this year.

thebusher wrote: »
    Glad they got upgraded to Salty Dog. They were loving it before it all ended too soon. They managed Broad Majestic Shannon, Thousands Are Sailing and about a quarter of Sally MacLennane.

Never seen a place so packed as Friday night :-)

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/gallery/electric-picnic/268375/laois-band-pogueology-upgraded-to-salty-dog-stage-at-electric-picnic.html

That was just mayhem. We were hanging onto the side door on the other side to where it coillapsed.

Gardai & stage manager trying to stop it. Lead singer pleading with them to let them continue - "We'll just play slow ones. Here's A Rainy Night In Soho". Fell on deaf ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Thanks again to whoever recommended bi curious. Great stuff

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That was just mayhem. We were hanging onto the side door on the other side to where it coillapsed.

Gardai & stage manager trying to stop it. Lead singer pleading with them to let them continue - "We'll just play slow ones. Here's A Rainy Night In Soho". Fell on deaf ears.

It was so funny :-)

Thats me in the video clip with the baseball hat at the front.

Advertisement