Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Dopes have just sent me a 2 picnics or less code. Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

EP used to be the sister of Bestival, Only when it was sold to live nation did it separate. I am pretty sure that comparing the two side by side last year, EP was almost embarrassing.

This year however they did not fare too bad

http://www.bestival.net/line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    300k is cheap for a festival headliner. I agree with you that picnic has never been about massive headliners and I think that's a good thing. I've nothing against Duran Duran but there's a reason they are headlining unknown festivals in South America for relatively small fees and not getting close to a million quid for playing the likes of Reading, Leeds, Rock Wretcher, Primavera etc etc, they aren't relevant in this day age to the vast majority of festival goers.

By my reckoning they pulled the largest crowd of the weekend (only Rag'n' Bone Man was close) thus arguably still relevant to punters.

As much so I believe as the Valentine's, ATCQ, Blur, the Mary Chain & other reformed bands who've headlined EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Suckit wrote: »
    EP used to be the sister of Bestival, Only when it was sold to live nation did it separate. I am pretty sure that comparing the two side by side last year, EP was almost embarrassing.

This year however they did not fare too bad

http://www.bestival.net/line-up

i think EP lineup way better than bestival this year
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    By my reckoning they pulled the largest crowd of the weekend (only Rag'n' Bone Man was close) thus arguably still relevant to punters.

As much so I believe as the Valentine's, ATCQ, Blur, the Mary Chain & other reformed bands who've headlined EP.

i heard duran duran was packed and it must be true with how empty EA was for soulwax (from what i remember anyway, memory was very hazy!). second worst capacity for an EA headliner after squarepusher 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

i think EP lineup way better than bestival this year

i heard duran duran was packed and it must be true with how empty EA was for soulwax (from what i remember anyway, memory was very hazy!). second worst capacity for an EA headliner after squarepusher 2012

Soulwax was about half-full from what I remember, although I was really close to the front. The clash with Kiasmos probably had more of an effect on that than Duran Duran though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Duran Duran was a full house.....sure the whole Saturday main stage went a bit Pete Tong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Still nothing from Ticketmaster. Are we expecting the codes today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

well, back to reality

my weekend went as follows.......

started very well with literally zero traffic and into the green at about 2pm
    checked into Pink Moon in about 15mins, lovely stuff, last year i sat in traffic for miles and queued for PM for about 90mins, i think we just hit a lucky period where the early lot were already in and the later droves hadnt left yet

i missed the vast majority of the music i wanted to see due to the large group logistics, campsite craic and rain, annoyed now but wasnt really at the time! only got a bit of the xx and tribe, missed rtj, mr jukes, KKC, parquet courts, the list goes on! i saw Perfume genius who was just excellent imo, enjoyed le boom, watched all of ash - good fun, caught a bit of BOH and FJM and they were great, spent far too long at casa and heineken tents, my tentmates are into dance music and i am indifferent especially at a festival, i want to see musicians performing, i like lots of electronic stuff but not repititive house music by dj's at a festival where theres so many interesting bands on.

i thought PM ran fairly smoothly this year, i found the toilets better than previous years, we used the green ones behind the four mans along the fence, the twisted pepper seemed to lack the vibe of previous years, last year we were drinking our own booze in there when it was pissing late on sunday night, there was people all over the place flaked out on the beanbags and there was plenty of laughs, this year there was no-one there after hours,
    the four mans were excellent this year, they were huge, no leaks for us and plently of room, i looked them up out of interest as the brand and model was on them , they are actually 6 man tents, we had room for all our clothes and bits and bobs in our "bedrooms" and loads of room in the "living room" for chairs, cans, trolleys and all that, there was ample room for 6-8 people on chairs having a can escaping the rain

the festival didnt seem overly packed to me this year, i know its the same amount of people but maybe they were more dispersed due to the rain and pretty average main stage acts, have lots of nice main stage memories from the last 6yrs ive been going but not much this year tbh but i did miss a few good acts! there was the tangible difference on the sunday with the day lot in ,but no majors issues getting around and getting a beer in the arena
    i found security grand as well, quite lax and a sound bunch

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Synode wrote: »

I received my code earlier today. They may be sending them out in batches or you may not be subscribed to Ticketmaster marketing emails.

Got mine at 18:34 today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

I got an email from them about 8 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

300k is cheap for a festival headliner. I agree with you that picnic has never been about massive headliners and I think that's a good thing. I've nothing against Duran Duran but there's a reason they are headlining unknown festivals in South America for relatively small fees and not getting close to a million quid for playing the likes of Reading, Leeds, Rock Wretcher, Primavera etc etc, they aren't relevant in this day age to the vast majority of festival goers.

What ever about their current musical relevance, they turned out to be an absolutely cracking pick by the bookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah they seem to have been well received alright, my friends who went wouldn't have known them that well but thoroughly enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

sod it, new thread time....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jamie will probably do a short DJ set of his own at the end of The XX's set.

Did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This was part of Donal Dineens This Ain't No Disco show based on the internet music television series and some of the artists that took part in it, they closed the Body&Soul main stage on Sunday night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

Can anyone tell me how to get campervan tickets? I've glamped at EP the last two years as I'm getting older and need some comfort. I'd like to take a camper van next year but have a recollection that tickets sold out last year in no time. Is it basically a situation that all those with loyalty codes get the camper van tickets first and there's none left afterwards? Have I any chance of getting any via the Ticketmaster website without a loyalty code? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

MJohnston wrote: »
    Got mine at 18:34 today!

exact same time as me-€165 too, which is pretty sweet!

• Site Banned Posts: 262 ✭✭letf

no sign of loyalty code from ticketmaster..

I've been to the past two, how do I avail of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have all the emails turned on and bought tickets to the last 3 via my ticketmaster account but still no email. Same happened last year. They're a pain. Have sent them an email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

letf wrote: »
    no sign of loyalty code from ticketmaster..

I've been to the past two, how do I avail of it?

Just request the code

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Have all the emails turned on and bought tickets to the last 3 via my ticketmaster account but still no email. Same happened last year. They're a pain. Have sent them an email

Same here, what email address did you send to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

MadYaker wrote:
    Did this happen?

No, the closest they got to this was a "cover" of Loud Places.

• Site Banned Posts: 262 ✭✭letf

Just request the code

from who?

whom do I email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Podpads are splitting their camping for next year. They are putting some of it in the Boutique camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Fatfrog wrote: »

Chaplin was lovely, apart from this girl walking around scratching her red flakey sunburned arse:) :)

Honest to God - my heart stopped for a split second there. Til I realised you were joking!.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Unfortunately no...I wish I had

Aw me too! maybe next year!!

Although - maybe loads of us did meet and didn't know it. Occurred to me a few times over the weekend that I could have been obliviously chatting a boardsie...

For info folks - I received my code at 18.50 yesterday.

They sent me a two or less code but I've been to 4. To be fair to them, I only purchased 2 years from my Ticketmaster account. The other 2 years were bought by someone else.

Anyway - last year was a disaster when the same happened. I got a 2 or less code (so €185 when I should have paid €165). I gathered up a billion screenshots from social media (with location/date/time/ name showing), wristbands, lanyards, ticketmaster confirmations and was told it wasn't sufficient. I was raging but went ahead and bought them (€40 more than I needed to as I was buying 2) because I half predicted an early sell out.
    I was more raging when I heard on here a few days later that people who have never been/ went to 1 were being thrown out 3 or more codes when they just rang and chanced it.
    Hate unfairness.

Anyway, I've just filled in the form again and sent it off. It seems to be a little more simplified (the form) this year if I remember correctly. Just got a confirmation saying it could be up to 3 days until someone is back to me (I know everything else says 5).

If I get my 3 + code, I'll happily give my 2 code to someone here if you're stuck. Will let you know.

• Advertisement

Major Dad wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to get campervan tickets? I've glamped at EP the last two years as I'm getting older and need some comfort. I'd like to take a camper van next year but have a recollection that tickets sold out last year in no time. Is it basically a situation that all those with loyalty codes get the camper van tickets first and there's none left afterwards? Have I any chance of getting any via the Ticketmaster website without a loyalty code? Cheers

They go on sale with all the other tickets on Friday morning, but iirc people without a loyalty code can still buy them at that point, just at full price instead of redcued (and the campervan tickets don't have any loyalty discount either).

Advertisement