Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

I got a code today. Does that mean I can buy tickets today or do I have to wait until Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I got a code today. Does that mean I can buy tickets today or do I have to wait until Friday?

Friday. All are on sale on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I've requested a code and send on some proof of attendance. When I submit the form it says it can take up to 5 working days to process. I guess there goes any chance of getting a loyalty family ticket if it's going to take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

My quick summary...

Time from leaving home in Dublin to sitting in tent in Pink Moon was quickest ever in 7 years. No traffic delays, no delay getting wristbands, about 30 mins queuing at the PM registration. Sitting in tent by 2.30pm.

Did a tour of the site and kicked off the music with Booka Brass at Other Voices, which was overcrowded when we arrived there, but a great start. Then Roisin O who was great and mostly Main Stage after that.

Caught the Dublin Ukulele Collective by chance Sat morning and they were brilliant. Saw Otherkin, who were great. Went to Everything Everything in preference to Madness, which I later regretted, as I thought that EE, while excellent were pretty lacking atmosphere-wise. Thought Phoenix were good, got a break from the rain at Le Galaxie who were fun. Hung around for Pete Tong which I thought was a great production, but eventually the rain got the better of me and I headed off to shelter at Body & Soul.

Sunday - Dublin Gospel Choir, great uplifting start to the day, Goat Girl very impressive, King Kong - blown away by them! Then Pretenders, Michael Kiwanuka, both excellent, wandered around for a few hours, back to the main stage for about half of the Duran Duran set. Great show from them, although definitely not my thing! Finished off with Jack L at the Hazel Wood which was brilliant.

In between all that, spent time at the Salty Dog, B&S and elsewhere - must have walked 10,000 miles!

Highlights: lots of the above plus Trailer Park, Salty Dog, the Haunt in B&S, the general vibe...

Lowlights and meh: PM entrance opening >1 hour late each day, mudfest at the pedestrian entrance/exit to green car park on Sunday. Huge negative on the Heineken and Logic rubbish sounds interfering with everything down that end of the park, especially poor piggy in the middle Jerry Fish.

I also found it hard to find good music at B&S this year. The setup as always was amazing, at it was great to wander around, but lots of the time when I went by the main stage there was someone fairly average playing to about 5 people. Maybe I just timed it badly.

Overall, great event, really enjoyed it and hope to be back next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

How soon do you think next years will sell out, we surely have a few weeks at least?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 262 ✭✭letf

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    How soon do you think next years will sell out, we surely have a few weeks at least?

yeah should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I really wish they'd give us a week or two to replenish the wallet before putting the tickets on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

nc6000 wrote: »
    I've requested a code and send on some proof of attendance. When I submit the form it says it can take up to 5 working days to process. I guess there goes any chance of getting a loyalty family ticket if it's going to take that long.

i done the same , not sure what happens 2mro then when i go to buy the ticket?

im hoping maybe they get through the application today or the difference is refunded to me once application is successful

going via the installment plan its very handy

MS291988 wrote: »
    i done the same , not sure what happens 2mro then when i go to buy the ticket?

im hoping maybe they get through the application today or the difference is refunded to me once application is successful

going via the installment plan its very handy

You won't get a refund if you buy it before you get your loyalty code.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Tunes of the weekend? My submissions:

Michael Kiwanuka - Love & Hate
    Pogueology - Sally MacLenanne (the song that killed off Jimmie's Jukebox Joint)
    Father John Misty - Chateau Lobbu #4
    Band of Horses - The Funeral
    Touts - Bomb Scare
    Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman
    The Skatalites - Guns of Navarone
    Duran Duran (with Dublin Gospel Choir) - Save A Prayer
    The Pretenders - Kid
    Kila - penultimate track. No idea of the name.

And yeah, I know, I need more current music on my playlist.

• Advertisement

Anyone see Real Estate? Bad clashes for them and hoping they'll play Ireland again soon?

And how good were Kiasmos? The Vicar Street tickets are very tempting.

andreac wrote: »
    You won't get a refund if you buy it before you get your loyalty code.

thats not great , if i wait for the loyalty code ill run the risk of losing a ticket

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Start the 2018 thread next week? Let this run it's course as still feedback coming in.

New thread already started but it says 2017 instead of 2018 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

andreac wrote: »
    New thread already started but it says 2017 instead of 2018 lol.

not anymore, i am an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Anyone see Real Estate? Bad clashes for them and hoping they'll play Ireland again soon?
    Yeah, they were great. They make a beautiful noise, those boys. Crowd well into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Touts - Bomb Scare
    The Pretenders - Kid

Funeral, Band of Horses,
    Drunk Drivers/ Killer Whales, Car Seat Headrest
    No Reptiles, Everything Everything
    Only God Knows, Young Fathers
    Go! Public Service Broadcasting
    12 Bar Blues, Aaron Lee Tasjan
    Everything Touts did
    Gangsta's Paradise, Dublin Eukelele Collective

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Touts - Bomb Scare
    The Pretenders - Kid

Some great music over the weekend 
    Touts were great, Bomb scare also my favourite and they have a few excellent songs - they were my find of  EP17 - in the run up i was playing their EP on spotify regularly
    Only God knows - Young Fathers
    Just by Bicep for the moment I was in,
    The Queen is Dead by These Charmless Men 
    Fangclub , Best Fake Friend

On loyalty codes I submitted 3 pictures from 3 years that I looked mouldy drunk in all :D Great times...

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Last year they had a few weeks of selling early bird tickets, but they did sell out of the early bird allocation, as a friend left it late and went to buy some close to the end date in October, and they had none left.

I would say the combination of funds shortage and everyone not getting code immediately will ensure that the loyalty tickets don't all go immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you're looking for the early bird discount you really need to hassle them for the code. Last year the allocation of early bird loyalty tickets sold out while some people were still waiting on codes, email them and if you don't get a reply call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Never got the ticketmaster e-mail either even though I made sure to have all that ****e turned on after last year... I'm at work so can't go pricking around looking for photos right now either, can I not just give them my ticketmaster account details in the e-mail?? Would I better off just ringing them tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yes, anyone who didn't get their loyalty code that should have, you'd be much better off calling TM than waiting for the email code. I don't know the phone number to use, however.

Stillill42 wrote: »

Touts - Bomb Scare
    The Pretenders - Kid

Funeral, Band of Horses,
    Drunk Drivers/ Killer Whales, Car Seat Headrest
    No Reptiles, Everything Everything
    Only God Knows, Young Fathers
    Go! Public Service Broadcasting
    12 Bar Blues, Aaron Lee Tasjan
    Everything Touts did
    Gangsta's Paradise, Dublin Eukelele Collective
    Definitely. Forgot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Bazzo wrote: »
    Never got the ticketmaster e-mail either even though I made sure to have all that ****e turned on after last year... I'm at work so can't go pricking around looking for photos right now either, can I not just give them my ticketmaster account details in the e-mail?? Would I better off just ringing them tomorrow morning?

I was the same last year and made sure i turned on all their marketing hype spam options this year. I was just about to look up the phone number and then searched my gmail account .. aha, there it was.

BUT it was not in my INBOX, it was in "Promotions" .

That might help some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I was the same last year and made sure i turned on all their marketing hype spam options this year. I was just about to look up the phone number and then searched my gmail account .. aha, there it was.

BUT it was not in my INBOX, it was in "Promotions" .

That might help some people.

Jaysus, I'd sure hope the people saying they didn't get it are checking all of their email subfolders, I didn't even post to mention this because I thought it would be too obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Nah, I figured it would be in promotions so it was the first place I looked but it's not there unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

Just received my discount code by email, good timing for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

Pinkmoon camping sent email to say its split in two. More luxurry accomodation moved to boutique camping...so the podpads will be the most luxurious in the pink moon campsite. They are wendyhouse size. Throws a spanner in the works...

• Advertisement

MaxManis wrote: »
    Just received my discount code by email, good timing for tomorrow :)

did u fill out the EP application for it??

it take long to get the code??

Advertisement