Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Feets wrote: »
    Pinkmoon camping sent email to say its split in two. More luxurry accomodation moved to boutique camping...so the podpads will be the most luxurious in the pink moon campsite. They are wendyhouse size. Throws a spanner in the works...

Think that's Podpads that sent that, not Pink Moon as i got it too. Podpads will still have most of their camping options in Pink Moon, but the more luxurious/expensive ones will be in the boutique camping area.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

MS291988 wrote: »
    did u fill out the EP application for it??

it take long to get the code??

I filled out the EP form yesterday evening so took less than a day to come through, I only needed to provide one prove of attendance because I have attended 2 or less Electric Picnics.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

andreac wrote: »
    Think that's Podpads that sent that, not Pink Moon as i got it too. Podpads will still have most of their camping options in Pink Moon, but the more luxurious/expensive ones will be in the boutique camping area.
    u r right it was podpads. I liked the pinkmoon site...close to drop off point but ill be moving sites next year me thinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I prefer Pink Moon too. The facilities are much better afaik than the Boutique, but maybe that will change with Podpads there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

MaxManis wrote: »
    I filled out the EP form yesterday evening so took less than a day to come through, I only needed to provide one prove of attendance because I have attended 2 or less Electric Picnics.

thanks filled it out this morning so fingers crossed ahead of 2mro

will get a ticket regardless the price anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

MaxManis wrote: »

I did the same and got mine this afternoon too so they seem to be on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

MS291988 wrote: »
    thanks filled it out this morning so fingers crossed ahead of 2mro

will get a ticket regardless the price anyway

They won't sell out tomorrow, there's no panic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is it the new Oxygen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

sasta le wrote: »
    Is it the new Oxygen?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Is it the new Oxygen?

*Oxegen.

No it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Is it the new Oxygen?

No...........erm, well not yet anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Code is in. Woohoo. Coupled with a discount i get with Ulster Bank these are some cheap tickets.

Till next year all, thanks for all the laughs and info along the way. Im already excited. Man im too ol' for this sh*ite:D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Submitted my proof this morning, got my code just there a few mins ago. Certainly can't fault that turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yeah, so I'm only coming round now.

Friday
    Doors tribute. /// New Jackson /// pogues tribute were the highlights ( and lowlights when the platform collapsed)

Saturday
    Katie Laffan /// Otherkin /// Bicurious /// smiths tribute /// madness /// Interpol were all good.

Sunday
    Kila /// car seat headrest /// Ash /// Jack L were all great.

Another cracker of a weekend.
    Saw plenty besides n missed loads I really wanted to but that's all part of it.

Tickets will be booked tomorrow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Same here, what email address did you send to?

Email form on their site. They emailed back a code about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

ben bridwell of band of horses wearing a slowdive t-shirt was my highlight among many highlights!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Code is in. Woohoo. Coupled with a discount i get with Ulster Bank these are some cheap tickets.

Till next year all, thanks for all the laughs and info along the way. Im already excited. Man im too ol' for this sh*ite:D

Whats the Ulster Bank Discount??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

tfarrell wrote: »

A friend of mine has an Ulster Bank account and gets 25% off all Ticketmaster purchases, probably something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

tfarrell wrote: »

U first account. Gives a few advantages of having one. Best off the lot is the 25% cash back on tickets for gigs. Works in conjunction with ticketbastard.
    You have to pay 10 Euro a month to have one. Standard bank charge I would think at this stage. But if your a gig goer you could save a fortune with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

U first account. Gives a few advantages of having one. Best off the lot is the 25% cash back on tickets for gigs. Works in conjunction with ticketbastard.
    You have to pay 10 Euro a month to have one. Standard bank charge I would think at this stage. But if your a gig goer you could save a fortune with it.

My boyfriend has this too. I tried to sign up too a little while ago but it seems the conditions have changed and it's now €50 a month fees! Raging :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

And so the end of the week is nigh! TBTF! This time last week was having a few bevs. in Stradbally..! Regardless of all the moans it's still the best weekend of the year and I say that after 10 years! It has changed for sure but so have I..! I'm not as fabulous as I was 10 yrs ago but I'm fabulous in a different way 😉.. tickets will still sell before line up is announced and the boards again next year will be bombarded with - "line-up is ****e, I'm selling my ticket" posts and the same questions will be asked time & time again about "best campsite" "best route to car parks" "best shoes" "best way to smuggle beer" & "best weather app" & "best man pablo" for his app 😉

And finally where is Radiohead?! 😱

It's been a joy again this year but I have one request to Festival Republic - clean up your act! Get rid of the ****ty commercial stages that destroy the real artists and force picnickers to be clean! #leavenotrace - make a statement, make EP even better! ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

So am I correct in saying that the consensus is that if you're staying in any of the boutique camping or campervan areas you can just walk in freely with your cans? What's the cheapest of the boutique options then? Given the amount spent by myself and herself, as well as 2 other couples at the weekend it sounds like a good investment to have a beer bank nearby! Is there a loyalty option for these areas or is it fixed price also?! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

SQ2 wrote: »
    So am I correct in saying that the consensus is that if you're staying in any of the boutique camping or campervan areas you can just walk in freely with your cans? What's the cheapest of the boutique options then? Given the amount spent by myself and herself, as well as 2 other couples at the weekend it sounds like a good investment to have a beer bank nearby! Is there a loyalty option for these areas or is it fixed price also?! Thanks!

No, that's really only true of the Pink Moon area.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

MJohnston wrote:
    No, that's really only true of the Pink Moon area.

Ok, thanks, and the cheapest pink moon option is how much do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ok, thanks, and the cheapest pink moon option is how much do you know?

I don't, but its not cheap, probably around €200 at least.

Snarky Snark Snark

So am I correct in saying that the consensus is that if you're staying in any of the boutique camping or campervan areas you can just walk in freely with your cans?

They're actually supposed to have the same restrictions as the other campsites i.e. No byob until after the main bars have shut. I did seem plenty walking around with cans in the arena but also several turned back by security in PM until they'd disposed of their cans in hand.

PMs cheapest option was about 180ish I think for a two man tent, so if heading with a partner/buddy, it's an extra 90ish on top of the ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hey, got caught with roughly €100 worth of drugs for personal use on the way in. Has this ever happened to anyone else and can anyone tell me what to expect?

Snarky Snark Snark

I'd suggest you take that to a legal forum or your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

BOHtox wrote: »
    Hey, got caught with roughly €100 worth of drugs for personal use on the way in. Has this ever happened to anyone else and can anyone tell me what to expect?

Court date in Stradbally l with all the other people caught with personal amounts over the weekend.

Most likely a donation to the poor box.

100% talk to a solicitor though. While it's not a huge deal, definitely worth getting a professional opinion.

Advertisement