Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Did some ppl already not say they got their code by ringing up ticketmaster on this number though? Is there a number for Festival Republic to get the code?

id like to know this also... any point ringing them....
    they make this so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's 100% only on the first instalment

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Made a boo boo this morning buying tickets. Half asleep I put in my loyalty code then selected pre-sale instead of +3 events, so purchased 2 x pre sale tickets, noticed I f#cked up, went back in and bought 2 x loyalty tickets. All 4 on the instalment plan. so now I have 2 extra tickets. I've emailed ticketmaster to see if they can refund me the 1st instalment for the pre-sale tickets. By any chance does anyone on here have a direct contact at ticketmaster that they can PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

campervan working now

15 quid delivery !!!!!!!!!!!!

€96.85 to park in a field.

That's the same price as it was last year. The €15 delivery is because they are delivered via courier. There was problems before with people claiming to never have received their campervan tickets and ticketmaster can't cancel the originals as there is no barcode on the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

andreac wrote: »
    2 man and 4 man bellepads sold out in pod pads. Raging!!

I can never read those as anything but 4 man bellends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Did some ppl already not say they got their code by ringing up ticketmaster on this number though? Is there a number for Festival Republic to get the code?

I rang them last year and they gave me a code. This year the options seem to have changed to channel you into either buying something or else being told all agents are "busy", in other words **** off.

Will have to just wait for the e-mail I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I gave that number, explained that I rang after mistakenly being issued a 2 or less code instead of a 3 plus code. They sorted that over phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

any chance ye can move the talk of tickets for next year over to the EP 2018 thread and keep this one for reviews/discussion on 2017 EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Pretty annoyed with last week's event early hours of Saturday morning after 4:30am some low life broke into my caravan stole my wife's bun bag that contained our weekends cash while we were sleeping . This parasite tried 13 vans that we know of and was successful getting into 8 of them, he was confronted by a girl across from us and ran off. The next morning when we went looking for the bag we noticed the damage to the door and knew instantly what had happened, I left the caravan found another bun bag underneath a vehicle one section open phone and cards still inside then found a green handbag same thing cash only missing as people started to steer I could see some going through the same emotions I had experienced when I first realised what had happened. Got security involved to be fair the guy was decent and handled the situation well called for the Gardai who also did their best going from one van to another taking the details. My wife's bag was found later that morning all cash cleaned out everything else was there including her iPhone so leads me to believe this lad knew what he was doing all in he got a considerable amount of cash from the area. Have been in touch with the organisers to see if they plan to put stricter measures in place for people accessing the campervan area to avoid this from happening again they are still reviewing the incident at this time!! Read that they arrested 5 males fora lot of theft this year with lots of cash and valuables recovered so looks like there was some planned targeting going on from this group of scum...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Simona1986 wrote: »
    That's the same price as it was last year. The €15 delivery is because they are delivered via courier. There was problems before with people claiming to never have received their campervan tickets and ticketmaster can't cancel the originals as there is no barcode on the tickets.

You make it sound normal and OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

davew121 wrote: »
    Pretty annoyed with last week's event early hours of Saturday morning after 4:30am some low life broke into my caravan stole my wife's bun bag that contained our weekends cash while we were sleeping . This parasite tried 13 vans that we know of and was successful getting into 8 of them, he was confronted by a girl across from us and ran off. The next morning when we went looking for the bag we noticed the damage to the door and knew instantly what had happened, I left the caravan found another bun bag underneath a vehicle one section open phone and cards still inside then found a green handbag same thing cash only missing as people started to steer I could see some going through the same emotions I had experienced when I first realised what had happened. Got security involved to be fair the guy was decent and handled the situation well called for the Gardai who also did their best going from one van to another taking the details. My wife's bag was found later that morning all cash cleaned out everything else was there including her iPhone so leads me to believe this lad knew what he was doing all in he got a considerable amount of cash from the area. Have been in touch with the organisers to see if they plan to put stricter measures in place for people accessing the campervan area to avoid this from happening again they are still reviewing the incident at this time!! Read that they arrested 5 males fora lot of theft this year with lots of cash and valuables recovered so looks like there was some planned targeting going on from this group of scum...

I heard about this on Sunday morning. I left a radio on and a light on all weekend. But if they have the neck to break in when you are sleeping, that is probably not even a deterrent. I would be disgusted with damage to the door. I can imagine the cost of repair being quite high.

Really feel for you man. Very bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sad to hear that, hopefully it didn't ruin the weekend.

There seems to be quite a few of these groups across the country. Without wanting to seem like I'm sensationalising anything, I have heard of similar incidents at Townlands, Indiependence and Sea Sessions - gardaí arresting individuals after substantial amounts of theft, break ins, etc. rather than just a single incident of opportunism.

Hopefully security at all the festivals is stepped up a notch again next year because it's a real balls if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Sorry to hear that DaveW - b*stards

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

submitted my 3 years data on EP website 2 days ago - no reply yet
    want to get the instalment plan but dont want to pay over the odds price 
    Cant get Ticketmaster on phone
    Cant get Festival Republic on phone
    Cowboys Ted, Cowboys.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i applied for them yesterday and got code earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Ticket purchased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Yeah, so I'm only coming round now.

Friday
    Doors tribute.  ///  New Jackson  /// pogues tribute were the highlights ( and lowlights when the platform collapsed)

Saturday
    Katie Laffan   ///   Otherkin   ///   Bicurious   ///   smiths tribute   ///  madness  ///   Interpol were all good.

Sunday
    Kila   ///   car seat headrest   ///   Ash   /// Jack L were all great.

Another cracker of a weekend.
    Saw plenty besides n missed loads I really wanted to but that's all part of it.

Tickets will be booked tomorrow!!!
    I am sorry but I really do not get this, the highlights of the major festival in Ireland on the Friday were 2 tribute bands and someone booked to play several times over the weekend.
    Then on Saturday a band who played last year and are on nearly every support slot at anything up and down the country, a band from the 80s and Interpol who must have a house in Port Arlington they play the picnic that often and another tribute band.
    Feck me, there is a serious rose tinted glasses feel to the picnic, great craic surely but its meant to be THE major festival in Ireland and the best bands are fecking tribute bands. I really don't get it. Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Bought tickets to King Kong Company following them smashing it twice this year. Dance music wouldn't normally be really my thing but the energy and fun they bring is un-rayal

I got everything offa dat

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

I do get it. Modern bands just aren't as good as the old ones. not as good songwriters or musicians. Id rather hour and half of doors music than most of the music that was at EP. Far more talent and musicianship even if not the originals - still better on the ear! would enjoy some more tributes thrown in. They're only in small areas and go down great with the people at them!

I am sorry but I really do not get this, the highlights of the major festival in Ireland on the Friday were 2 tribute bands and someone booked to play several times over the weekend.
    Then on Saturday a band who played last year and are on nearly every support slot at anything up and down the country, a band from the 80s and Interpol who must have a house in Port Arlington they play the picnic that often and another tribute band.
    Feck me, there is a serious rose tinted glasses feel to the picnic, great craic surely but its meant to be THE major festival in Ireland and the best bands are fecking tribute bands. I really don't get it. Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

sweeneed wrote: »
    I do get it. Modern bands just aren't as good as the old ones. not as good songwriters or musicians. Id rather hour and half of doors music than most of the music that was at EP. Far more talent and musicianship even if not the originals - still better on the ear! would enjoy some more tributes thrown in. They're only in small areas and go down great with the people at them!

I'll disagree with you there. There are plenty of great modern bands and singer-songwriters. Just EP don't book many of them and instead fill the line-up with 'just alright' bands and cover bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

.... Interpol who must have a house in Port Arlington they play the picnic that often.....

They've a 4-bed bungalow just outside Rhode actually. It's James Murphy who has the place in Portarlington. "Handy for the train to Hueston" he says

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm a smiths fan and a doors fan, so it was great to see a band play their tunes. The 2.5 songs the pogues tribute played were good too...

I could list all the bands I saw over the weekend, and maybe you could review, and let me know if it was OK for me to enjoy them?

I don't get your rose tinted comment. Are you getting bent out of shape because people like tribute bands, seriously?

I'm sure everyone you saw, was more relevant than everyone I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

I'm a smiths fan and a doors fan, so it was great to see a band play their tunes. The 2.5 songs the pogues tribute played were good too...

I could list all the bands I saw over the weekend, and maybe you could review, and let me know if it was OK for me to enjoy them?

I don't get your rose tinted comment. Are you getting bent out of shape because people like tribute bands, seriously?

don't take it personal, it is a discussion board after all. Im sorry if I caused you annoyance. I just feel such a major festival the main attractions should not be tribute bands, you can see them up and down the country any given weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Look, as long as you didn't go S Club 7 you're sound in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

don't take it personal, it is a discussion board after all. Im sorry if I caused you annoyance. I just feel such a major festival the main attractions should not be tribute bands, you can see them up and down the country any given weekend.
    No hassle. I saw more bands this year than most previous years, but had the best craic at the 2 tributes I listed.
    Roll on 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

...thought I just posted, but it seems to have 'disappeared'!
    Anyhow, darned well not going to be caught out this year by the stupid thing selling out! Just bought tickets & Pink Moon 2 man tent. 
    I'm actually feeling kinda excited already! How many sleeps, scruffmonkey?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

They're not though.

There was one guy who mentioned a couple of tribute acts. I got through the weekend without seeing any. None of them were advertised in the lineup.

They're filler material, a bit of craic and no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

you dont get the fact that somebody paid over 200 quid for a ticket and went to see exactly what they wanted to see and not what 2fm said they should give over

• Registered Users Posts: 12 FL11

Have always used this thread for tips etc. before heading off for EP but never have posted anything.

Sorry to hear what happened to you early Saturday morning but had a run with a thief myself early Saturday morning and wonder if it was the same personnel that hit your camper van.

We camped out in Joplin with some friends and mutual friends about 40m or so from the entrance to Joplin from the camper van campsite. Arrived back after some food just after 5:00 AM. Noticed a light moving around in one of our friends tent and presumed he was just looking for something in his tent. My girlfriend noticed there was someone in his tent with him. In the shhtate we were in - we thought it was one of the other lads playing a prank.
    I went over and asked him what he was up to and a guy popped his head out of the tent. He had been rummaging through the tent with a flashlight while our friend slept.
    There was an altercation and he kept shouting 'Rizzla' as if he was looking for rolling papers. Rizzla must of been some sort of code word for getting caught because when he shouted it - two other guys came up from behind me with their hoods up.
    He was A broad guy about 6'3 or 4 - I am tall and he was towering over me. He had a black wooly hat with a grey trim. I'd know his face if I saw him again. Didn't get much of a look at the other two.
    They moved along down through more tents and my girlfriend ran for security. Later I got the guards and took my details etc. and also put it out on their radio.
    I'm not not making any accusations but only pointing out that all three had Northern English accents - the same as I realized over the weekend as a lot of the security and staff around the campsites. Could explain the free movement inside but obviously it would be hard to say.
    There was a fiver note left on the ground of the tent but our friend wasn't missing his wallet thank god.

Hope you get your camper sorted and them bastards got caught.

On another note - does anyone know what each of the three installments payments will cost with a code for 3 EPs or more?
    I'm getting confused by some of the previous posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I just wrote a huge post addressing Thundercats Ho's right to enjoy a picnic with These Charming Men as his highlight. It was deadly, and would have ended all discussion on the matter but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Not to worry, we're all friends again. Carry on.

Advertisement