Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options
1291292293294295297»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

As much as I love QOTSA, would be surprised if they were ever booked for EP. They don't tend to book heavy acts and I can't see EP spending the kind of money that QOTSA would command

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Have QOTSA improved at all?
    Last time I seen them live was Slane in 04. I was on giddy form, Sun was out, pints were flowing, they're in a genre I really like....but all that said.... they were still ****e!!
    Its like they're going though the motions, almost as if they're copying a really cool band, but just not doing it 100%
    Each to their own but I can't have them personally.

Are they an EP act?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I would have thought they'd be about the right sized act for EP? I think they'll be headlining a lot of european festivals next summer. I never liked them much but they have a few good songs. Josh Homme is a talented guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    I would have thought they'd be about the right sized act for EP? I think they'll be headlining a lot of european festivals next summer. I never liked them much but they have a few good songs. Josh Homme is a talented guy.
    Not a fan but if they're scheduled for EP I'll have no objections. A lot worse could end up there. Would much preferred to have seen JH there with Iggy though. That's an opportunity missed by FR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone catch "Bicurious" they absolutely rocked the **** out of the Salty dog, Sat around 5! Was passing by, happened upon them then couldn't leave!!

https://youtu.be/n1n8riDAuPI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yea, I was there. Pretty good. Rocked the sh!t outa the place is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

There also. Really enjoyed them. Shtompin

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mark Viduka

Can anyone tell me what colour the strap on the neckband/lanyard was this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Almost the Galway colours I suppose ha ha, yeah sorta the same colour as the main stage over hang on the sides, purple and blue kind of.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

It was kind of blueish purple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

QOTSA would be a fantastic addition and more than 'BIG' enough to play EP. The last two albums have been brilliant, not to everyone's tastes but top notch. As a live show they have such a back catalogue of tracks they could play for 2 hours and still misso ut on a handful of favourites. Below is the set list @ Glastonbury 2011 before they released Clockwork and Villains, where fans selected what tracks they wanted to hear. Cracking set. Would love them to headline EP.

Glastonbury 2011
    1. Feel Good Hit of the Summer

Play Video
    2. The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret

Play Video
    3. You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire

Play Video
    4. Burn the Witch
      (with intro jam)
      Play Video
    5. Tangled Up in Plaid

Play Video
    6. Better Living Through Chemistry

Play Video
    7. Make It Wit Chu

Play Video
    8. Little Sister

Play Video
    9. The Fun Machine Took a **** and Died
      (with "Spiders and Vinegaroons"… more )
      Play Video
    10. 3's & 7's

Play Video
    11. First It Giveth

Play Video
    12. Go With the Flow

Play Video
    13. No One Knows

Play Video
    14. A Song for the Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

QOTSA would be a fantastic addition and more than 'BIG' enough to play EP. The last two albums have been brilliant, not to everyone's tastes but top notch. As a live show they have such a back catalogue of tracks they could play for 2 hours and still misso ut on a handful of favourites. Below is the set list @ Glastonbury 2011 before they released Clockwork and Villains, where fans selected what tracks they wanted to hear. Cracking set. Would love them to headline EP.

You might want to head on over to the 2018 thread :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057784467

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Hey guys, do you think there will be any more tickets on sale closer to the event, like there were last year? 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

huneybunny wrote: »
    Hey guys, do you think there will be any more tickets on sale closer to the event, like there were last year? 🀔

From memory, the last two years or so, three mobile have brought out a few last tickets if you are with them, or have a mate with them

There is a 2018 board just so you are aware.
    Loads of peeps that was discussing EP and tips and so forth ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Xena2013

Think Pie Minister were gone last year.

My full checklist, slightly updated

1 - Ticket, the most important thing
    2 - Tent + Sleeping bag (unless you're posh camping it, in which case just sleeping bag)
    3 - Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)
    4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)
    ***NOTE OF CAUTION : Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll **** your feet up.***
    5 - Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury
    6 - Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 - Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 - Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 - Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 - torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)
    12 - Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car
    13 - Towel (for when hitching a lift from the Vogons), I bring two with me, both large microfiber towels which fold down to nothin, one stays in car though with spare clothes
    14 - Beer/Spirits (note, for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security).
    15 - Cold bag for #14
    16 - Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry
    17 - Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher (15,000mAh if there's more than one of you hanging off it)) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning cables
    18 - Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)
    19 - ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)
    20 - gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf
    21 - Lighter, even if you don't smoke, it's very handy to have
    22 - Cash, there are ATMs on site, do no rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 - Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    24 - Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent
    25 - chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (keeping hopes up) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up)
    26 - bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car)
    27 - toilet wipes (I am v.large male in mid 40s but they make my festival botty uber smooth and clean)
    28 - "Box of balloons
    With the feather-light touch
    Pack of party-poppers
    That pop in the night" *
    29 - toiletries (roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)
    30 - Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper
    31 - first aid kit (you should have one in your car anyway but if not then get one)
    32 - vitamin pills/ berocca type thingy for in the morning
    33 - dioralyte for with your water before bedtime
    34 - sunglasses (gots to be funky)
    35 - small bag for during day (do not use a backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)
    36 - neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold
    37 - camping pillow
    38 - small pair of field glasses are right handy
    39 - flipflops for shower time (best not to wear into the bogs though or to walk around the main bog areas in them cos squealchy)
    40 - Pair of runners to be left in car, nothing beats that aaaaaaah feeling as you slide your wear feets into comfy happiness on a monday morning before you get nicked for drunk driving which leads us to
    41 - Alcohol breathalyser test kit for in the car, you get them in halfords, don't be a dick and ruin your or someone elses life on a monday morning
    42 - Ziplock bags, they keep "small things" stuff fresh and dry and odd smells in.

And just to add a list of what not to bring -

1 - CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy
    2 - FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser
    3 - GUITAR - any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te
    4 - SENSE OF SHAME - it's not needed for the weekend
    5 - CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it

* #28 is actually appropriate this year

Thanks for the extensive list, love it.
    Question: Do you perhaps know where the rave in the woods takes place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ask in the 2018 thread.

Advertisement