Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Would he not be very very expensive now that he's shown to be able to fill Wembley and Croke park?
    yep, I'd say there's absolutely no chance of EP being willing to shell out the amount of money he'd cost these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

FB_IMG_1473187347985.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Lemsiper wrote: »
    FB_IMG_1473187347985.jpg

oh god, here we go again.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/loyalty-ticket-offer

Fuc and all about having to be there this year for the loyalty code which should put some peoples minds at rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

oh god, here we go again.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/loyalty-ticket-offer

Fuc and all about having to be there this year for the loyalty code which should put some peoples minds at rest.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Anyone know which of the "future mailing" options on Ticketmaster that you have to opt into in order to receive the loyalty code? I've never successfully received mine in the years of going, always had to go through the fuss of contacting them directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Frank ocean would be immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Kendrick Lamar would be a fab booking. Kamasi Washington, Flying Lotus & Thundercat to play with him and also do their own sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Pink Moon prices gone up. Was €105 inc mats last year in a 6 man. Same price without mats this year. Increase of €75 per 6 man tent. Interesting tho they have a €10 early bird permit. You can camp from Thurs! Sounds like a challenge. 3 nights nearly put me in the ground!

ab4248 wrote: »
    Pink Moon prices gone up. Was €105 inc mats last year in a 6 man. Same price without mats this year. Increase of €75 per 6 man tent. Interesting tho they have a €10 early bird permit. You can camp from Thurs! Sounds like a challenge. 3 nights nearly put me in the ground!

Arrived on Thursday this year with the campervan. Means you can chill more on the Friday, but that's about it - there's nothing on or open until around 4/5pm, and there was a rather long queue for us coming into the campervan site. I think coming early Friday morning would be early enough

Have you done all 3 MJohnston? Id love to give the campervan a go. Have only done PMC (hangs head in shame), too afraid to head back to usual camping. I would be the one who things happen to!

• Advertisement

Have you done all 3 MJohnston? Id love to give the campervan a go. Have only done PMC (hangs head in shame), too afraid to head back to usual camping. I would be the one who things happen to!

Did about 6/7 years of regular camping, back before it started getting really messy (Wilde was the last place I called, and it was lovely back then), missed a couple of years being out of the country, then have done Pink Moon (2 man tent), and campervan twice. Bought my own campervan last November, so it'll be the only way I do it in the future, tickets willing. My back can't take lying on the ground anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

What price were the campervan tickets this year ? I stayed in a yurt in the Boutique camping area and whilst it was great, I'm thinking the campervan option might be better next year. Was only in the next field, so not that much further away than the Boutique camping.

If back wasnt an issue and all 3 were free which would you go for?

If back wasnt an issue and all 3 were free which would you go for?

Still the campervan. Better quality of sleep as there's more noise blocked out, campervan site is quieter anyway as the people staying there are on the more mature end of the age spectrum, you can shower, with an awning and some creativity you can even pee in a decent toilet, you can make your own breakfast.

Best bit is you can usually get away with bringing as much booze as you want (they were searching vans on entry this year, but think they cared more about unmentionables than alcohol), and you just turn up with everything packed in the van and you're set up (and leave the same way). No lugging a heavy rucksack and cans through miles of car parks and campsite.

Major Dad wrote: »
    What price were the campervan tickets this year ? I stayed in a yurt in the Boutique camping area and whilst it was great, I'm thinking the campervan option might be better next year. Was only in the next field, so not that much further away than the Boutique camping.

That as the family campervan site, the general one is about as far away as you can get, all the way at the far end of the Janis Joplin campsite! Ticket was €60 iirc

Heres hoping for next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Anyone recommend a good rental camper vans hire company that isn't too expensive

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be happy to see Jenny Greene back doing another set with the orchestra. Although can see it being the EA next year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

All the hip hop acts this year went down a treat. I'd love to see Kendrick Lamar headlining next year along with Radiohead. James mentioned that LCD will be back next year with new music but they won't be headlining picnic. They'll probably do a show in the 3 arena or something. It's difficult to predict headliners this far out because we don't really know who's going to be touring. Unfortunately Ed Sheeran is a possibility, he'll be touring and is pretty much nailed on for Glastonbury. But if they book Radiohead and Kendrick the third would likely be some electronic act continuing the trend of the last few years. Le Galaxie need to be on a far bigger stage other voices was literally overflowing. Apart from that I'd like to see them continue to book quality electronic stuff like Daniel Avery, I'm biased because I love techno but I'd love to see Laurent Garnier added.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm not remotely ready for this thread yet...

See ye all in a few weeks when I've stopped climbing the walls from the fear.

*clicks unfollow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surely Ed Sheeran is way to big to do EP after doing the Croker gigs. Id say Kasabian will be back on tour id be happy to see them there(i know most people would disagree :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

why are people saying Kendrick he toured all the European festivals this year?

If was going to be some nostalgic rap id like Snoop Dogg.
    Commercial rap i'd like anything like Fetty Wap/Ty Dolla $ign/A$AP Rocky (i know unlikely any of these and aren't to most posters on here taste).

I'd like an act like Blink 182/Weezer next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

srm23 wrote: »
    why are people saying Kendrick he toured all the European festivals this year?

If was going to be some nostalgic rap id like Snoop Dogg.
    Commercial rap i'd like anything like Fetty Wap/Ty Dolla $ign/A$AP Rocky (i know unlikely any of these and aren't to most posters on here taste).

I'd like an act like Blink 182/Weezer next year.

Blink 182!!!!????? Are you for real??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fatfrog wrote: »

I'd absolutely go for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Has anyone applied for a discount code yet. I filled out the form online last night and e-mailled photographic evidence of my attendance separately. To be honest the process seems unnecessarily confusing (to me at least!!). I've received an e-mail confirming that my stuff was sent in but haven't received an e-mail with the code yet.

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »

Cannot see it happening but t'would be a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Anyone receive their loyalty code from ticketmaster yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

deeks wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for a discount code yet. I filled out the form online last night and e-mailled photographic evidence of my attendance separately. To be honest the process seems unnecessarily confusing (to me at least!!). I've received an e-mail confirming that my stuff was sent in but haven't received an e-mail with the code yet.

Deeks - I havent applied yet but have had a peek at what is needed for previous proof of attendance. There seemed to be a long list - I'm presuming (I hope) that its not all of the things they listed (ticketmaster confirmation/ wristband photo of you wearing it etc) and its just one?

Can I ask what proof you sent? I'm hoping to apply tomorrow.

Thing is, I have my ticketmaster email from 2015 - grand.
    In 2014 and 2016 friends bought the tickets. I'm not in the business of taking a close up photo of me wearing a wristband at the picnic (but will start). I have all my wristbands but know I could have just got them off anyone. Am wondering if screenshots of my FB page with the date/ location 'stradbally' will do it for the other two years..

Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone receive their loyalty code from ticketmaster yet?

Last year I think it was the day before when I received it.

• Advertisement

I have all my wristbands but know I could have just got them off anyone. Am wondering if screenshots of my FB page with the date/ location 'stradbally' will do it for the other two years..

The bar for what they'll accept as proof is extremely low. I sent in 3 photos of me *at* the festival, wearing different lanyards each time, and that did it for them. Photos of you with wristbands or whatever will be fine.

Advertisement