Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I love the EI tent. I happened past Dr Alban this year as he was launching into "It's My Life", followed by "Sing Halleluia" and the place was going absolutely mental. (Begs the question what else he had played up to that point, but anyway...)

It's good that not everyone takes the EP as seriously as a few people on boards.ie

I walked past last year when Mark McCabe was singing "Maniac". Place was absolutely heaving and it brought back some good memories. I like to think he just played that song over and over :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I love the EI tent. I happened past Dr Alban this year as he was launching into "It's My Life", followed by "Sing Halleluia" and the place was going absolutely mental. (Begs the question what else he had played up to that point, but anyway...)

It's good that not everyone takes the EP as seriously as a few people on boards.ie

I was at the back of it for Venga Boys and it was a great atmosphere but as said jammed to the rafters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I got a hug off Mr Motivator in the EI tent one year. Made up i was.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

A Tribe Called Quest please.

New album is immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Tago Mago wrote: »

New album is immense.

This would be epic, but I think it is very unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

New album is immense.

Album is so, so good.

Are they touring it?

I know it is a farewell album, but I didn't see mentions of a farewell tour anywhere.

Even the 25th anniversary only got a few commemorative shows here and there, I think?

Album is so, so good.

Are they touring it?

I know it is a farewell album, but I didn't see mentions of a farewell tour anywhere.

Even the 25th anniversary only got a few commemorative shows here and there, I think?

Considering that one of the three members died earlier this year, there is zero chance of a tour or festival appearances.

Cracking album for sure.

Considering that one of the three members died earlier this year, there is zero chance of a tour or festival appearances.

Cracking album for sure.

So, Tribe Called Quest/Beastie Boys mash-up is off the table, you say?

Dang.

*tears up ticket*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Phoenix doing a couple of Spanish fests in July. Overdue a visit to Stradbally?

Electric Picnic
    The Early Bird ticket offer for Electric Picnic 2017 will end at 12pm tomorrow. After this tickets will cost €230

• Advertisement

Cracking album for sure.

Not sure on the reliability of this but sounds as if it's on?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/11/a-tribe-called-quest-to-embark-on-one-final-world-tour/

Actually Q-Tip's comments have received widespread coverage by a host of music news sites so it can be marked as a definite possibility at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

The XX, Phoenix, Tribe... next summer potentially shaping up very nicely

So, Tribe Called Quest/Beastie Boys mash-up is off the table, you say?

Dang.

*tears up ticket*

Anyone have cellotape to fix my ticket?

I stand humbly potentially corrected. This would be so excellent.

Alt-J confirmed for NOS Alive next summer.

So that's Alt-J, Depeche Mode, the xx, Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, Fleet Foxes, Die Antwoord, Arcade Fire and Radiohead all confirmed for European festival shows.

As far as I'm aware, Radiohead are the only ones there who have an Irish date confirmed for 2017 so the rest would have to be in with a good shout to crop up at some Irish festival, right?

If Phoenix follow the lead of their compatriots M83 and inexplicably skip Ireland, I'll be pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

If the XX were to play here in March as part of their European tour, would this impact them playing at EP or Longitude? Nialler9 seems pretty adamant that they could still announce an Irish show, and there seems to be the gaps there for them to play here if they wanted to.

If the XX were to play here in March as part of their European tour, would this impact them playing at EP or Longitude? Nialler9 seems pretty adamant that they could still announce an Irish show, and there seems to be the gaps there for them to play here if they wanted to.

Probably wouldn't prevent them coming back that much later in the year. There'd be enough of a gap between the two shows.

It wouldn't be common for headline acts to do 2 shows in the same year (yes, yes Florence and the Machine... Not common, not unheard of either.) but the xx may also not be a headline act for EP.

As an aside, Nialler9 (and Jim Carroll) were both totally convinced that Bon Iver would add an Irish show after announcing the European tour for early next year and that hasn't happened so, while they're often right on the money, they're not always correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I got a tug off Mr Motivator in the EI tent one year. Made up i was.

FTFY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

FTFY

If you saw the look on my face in the picture, you'd definitely think so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well this is what I put up on the Who would you like to see perform post on EP's FB page, my first proper output for EP17.

Aphex Twin, AIR, Four Tet, Adrian Sherwood, Steel Pulse, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Björk Digital, The Prodigy, The Strokes, Leftfield, James Holden, Dawn Penn, Denis Alcapone, Damian Marley, Iggy Pop.

I don't mean all of these reggae acts but maybe one or two.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

according to the main Primavera booker:
    http://www.binaural.es/noticias/los-puntos-clave-del-facebook-live-gabi-ruiz-primavera-sound-2017/

- The National are not touring this summer (they are however headlining a small festival their guitarist is curating in Denmark in mid-August, so hopefully they'll do a few other dates around then)
    - Nick Cave doing solo gigs only this year, not festivals
    - Ryan Adams is in Europe during the summer
    - The xx touring in the summer
    - Grizzly Bear are lagging with their new album (might be ready by September, rather than early June though?)
    - Sufjan Stevens not touring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

From that booker article, David Byrne, he would be an absolute cracker to have again.

My headline wishlist is changing at least every other week but currently consists of:

Gorillaz
    Justice
    Two from three of Arcade Fire/Strokes/Stone Roses (Latter would be my fave of that trio but saw them last year so be leaning towards the first two as yet to catch live)
    Massive Attack
    Tribe Called Quest

Other acts I wanna see grace Stradbally:

Chance the Rapper, Iggy, Jamie T, Christine and the Queen, Childish Gambino, Flume, The Lemon Twigs, Jagwar Ma, The Coral, Carl Cox....

Not a lot to ask for!

My headline wishlist is changing at least every other week but currently consists of:

Gorillaz
    Justice
    Two from three of Arcade Fire/Strokes/Stone Roses (Latter would be my fave of that trio but saw them last year so be leaning towards the first two as yet to catch live)
    Massive Attack
    Tribe Called Quest

Chance the Rapper, Iggy, Jamie T, Christine and the Queen, Childish Gambino, Flume, The Lemon Twigs, Jagwar Ma, The Coral, Carl Cox....

Not a lot to ask for!

ID be happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Gorillaz
    Justice
    Massive Attack
    Tribe Called Quest

Not a lot to ask for!

That would be great to get a few of those headliners, there seems to be so many people touring next year that it's hard to know what we're going to get. Based on nothing really Gorillaz would be who my money is on to headline. Paddy Power should really open up a market for this they would make a fortune off us boards.ie posters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wow thats a first, the EP thread being discussed on a Saturday, never usually happens.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Wow thats a first, the EP thread being discussed on a Saturday, never usually happens.

In my defense I work into Saturday morning. Being the month of November also probably contributed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

according to the main Primavera booker:
    http://www.binaural.es/noticias/los-puntos-clave-del-facebook-live-gabi-ruiz-primavera-sound-2017/

- The National are not touring this summer (they are however headlining a small festival their guitarist is curating in Denmark in mid-August, so hopefully they'll do a few other dates around then)
    - Nick Cave doing solo gigs only this year, not festivals
    - Ryan Adams is in Europe during the summer
    - The xx touring in the summer
    - Grizzly Bear are lagging with their new album (might be ready by September, rather than early June though?)
    - Sufjan Stevens not touring
    Bad Seeds doing an Antipodean tour in January and the US in June. Let's hope he's wrong about Sufjan as well. Those two additions alone would make my Picnic a very decent one and much other good info from that article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Has anyone received their tickets in the post yet? I got mine ages ago with the discount but no sign of them yet

Advertisement